Hey my new playbook is here and so far Im loving it. I do have a problem with trying to install my power point presentation which was what I really bought this tablet for. I really am a noob when it come to this so if I its something simple please advise cause I have no idea what Im doing. I went to my website and clicked download power point, there were only 2 options windows and mac and I choose windows. The Pb completed the download. When I tried to open it was unable to open. Any ideas what Im missing?
    06-06-11 10:51 AM
    you cannot install microsoft powerpoint for a desktop operating system onto a playbook
    06-06-11 11:29 AM
    Ok thanks. So how do people put presentation slides on PB?
    06-06-11 11:38 AM
    you can't install Powerpoint, as stated above, but you can copy the Powerpoint presentation to the PB display it using Docs to Go.
    06-06-11 11:38 AM
    Best bet is to save slides as images. The version of Slideshow to Go that is installed is pretty sad in terms of features like builds etc.
    06-06-11 11:44 AM
    Another option which I've had really good luck with is to purchase the PowerPoint to Video converter from Moyea. I convert the Powerpoint presentations to video and put them on my Playbook. Many of my presentations include audio tracks and embedded videos and they convert nicely and the PB does an awesome job of playing the resultant videos.
    06-06-11 01:18 PM
    Ok thanks. Another ? I have is I saved the slides as images but how do I make different albums from my pictures so I can seperate business from personal pics. Looked at the pic tutorial and cant find how to make albums. Only controls I access is just to delete or not
    06-06-11 01:33 PM
    How did you download the file from the web. Was it through the bridge browser or the web browser? If you downloaded via the bridge browser there may be limitations to what you can do with the file or it may reside on the phones SD card.

What was the error when you tried to open the Power Point file?

I just copied a a .ppt file from my desktop to the playbook and it will run on the playbook. Initially I could not see the file on the Playbook, but after a reboot it was there. The Playbook sometimes has problems with updating file lists when new files are copied to it and a reboot refreshes the file list.

I am not that familiar with MS Office, but if you can see the file on the playbook and get an error opening it, you may need to open it on a PC and try using the "save as" to save as an older version of MS Office Power Point.

Robert
    06-06-11 01:52 PM
    What I did was just copy images from the web browser of my presentation slides as photos. Problem is the presentation slides are mixed with the default pics and any personal pics I take. Im sure you can make seprate albums (I hope) but cant find any info on how?
    06-06-11 02:06 PM
    What I did was just copy images from the web browser of my presentation slides as photos. Problem is the presentation slides are mixed with the default pics and any personal pics I take. Im sure you can make seprate albums (I hope) but cant find any info on how?
    You need to do it with a PC connected to the Blackberry vi Wifi or USB cable. You can then create subfolders in the /media/photos directory.

Why don't you just copy the powerpoint file over to the playbook?

Robert
    06-06-11 02:09 PM
    You need to do it with a PC connected to the Blackberry vi Wifi or USB cable. You can then create subfolders in the /media/photos directory.

Why don't you just copy the powerpoint file over to the playbook?

Robert
    Oh ok so once I connect to a computer I can make different albums? I have a mac and Pc but I heard there are some issues with PB connecting to macs. I would rather use my mac because all my media I want to transfer to PB is on that computer. Will that be a problem or should I just use PC
    06-06-11 02:34 PM
    I am on a mac and wifi or USB connections are not a problem.

Once you have the playbook mounted in finder, you can create your own folders in the pictures directory and these folders will show up in the picture viewer on the playbook.

Going to ask it again, just to save you some time, why don't you just copy the power point file over to the playbook as a .ppt file and then use the slides to go appplication?

Robert
    06-06-11 02:51 PM
    Honestly cause I dont know what Im doing. It downloaded but had said unable to open. Where do I find my downloaded items?
    06-06-11 03:29 PM
    then when I go back to it from browser to download the PB is saying the file already exits I just cant find out where it is or how to get to it?
    06-06-11 03:31 PM
    Start the slides to go app and browse to it. If you cannot find it, try rebooting and looking again.

Robert
    06-06-11 03:56 PM
    Can you download the powerpoint app to your computer (mac or pc)?? If so, do that. Then copy that file to the "Documents" folder on the PB.

As noted for straight photos, create subfolders on the PB under Photos (Hawaii, Europe, Birthday, etc) and copy the appropriate pics to those subfolders. The Picture app will show them as Albums (there are default ALL (all photos) and Camera albums).

Files you download can be a problem. In some cases, the PB does not provide a default or correct file extension so the file could be hanging around as XYZ but not XYZ.ppt or not xyz.pdf
    06-06-11 04:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD