I went through the how-to. Watched the video too many times. Did everything step by step..and nothing.

Installed the latest Java
    Installed the DDPB Installer
    Got the stupid Kindle bar thinging
    Set the playbook to the developer mode
    connected it to computer
    set the password and plugged that and the i p in(note scan was not an option in the DDPB installer)
    selected the bar file
    clicked install

no app appeared, nothing changed that I know of.

Now what? I have over 100 kindle books and come thursday I won't have anything to read it on. I'm not going to use Cloud because I don't want to be connected to the internet everytime I want to read. Same with Kobo.

So what is the solution other than cancelling the exchange of my iPad for the Playbook? Is there really a way to make this work? what about my iBooks? Can they at least be read on this thing?
    07-31-12 07:19 PM
    Did you reboot your PB?
    07-31-12 07:47 PM
    Did you scroll down or look around for the Kindle Icon?

It sounds as if you did it all. You did the two-step, ADD and then INSTALL?

Where did you get the Kindle bar file? I did copy kindle books to the appropriate folder on the pb and I can read them.

I don't know about ibooks.
    07-31-12 07:55 PM
    I got the bar file from How to get Amazon Kindle on your BlackBerry PlayBook | CrackBerry.com

now: there are two different ip addresses on this thing - the device itself I guess and another that shows when I enter the developer mode. password will only work on developer mode's ip, not if I enter the one given on my device info. could this be the problem?

Just so Frustrated!
    I have done this twice now. I just got the thing today so the only apps on it are what came with it so a Kindle app shouldn't be hard to find. My computer considers it a smartphone, yet the Kindle store displays a blackberry smartphone link that just loops to itself. and I can't download the android one, cuz it won't be recognized.

And to top off my several hours puttering with this thing, I'm having to put in the password ever 5 minutes now. Can I get rid of that? This didn't even come with a user manual - just said to follow the directions on the screen. Well I'm having fun.
    Last edited by Rainbow Meadowhawk; 07-31-12 at 08:17 PM.
    07-31-12 08:15 PM
    tried again with other ip address and again it said it was done but nothing showed up. also, the blackberry manager won't load on my computer now.

I have rebooted it three times now.

anything else I should do? the hokey-pokey didn't work either, nor did swearing at it or sticking out my tongue
    07-31-12 08:28 PM
    I go wireless. I have wifi-sharing on in the Security setting. Okay, I've used my wifi-sharing ip address, the one found in Options (gear symbol), About, (use dropdown) Network, the IPv4 address (without the /xx value in gray at the end).

But if ddpb is showing connection info, your pin or whatever it shows, it should work.

Which version of ddpb?

You might go to

Playbook Apps | Good e-Reader Android App Store - Playbook App Store

And try downloading kindle from there or even some other interesting android bar app and try that.

I am trying to recall if there's something others have mentioned.

You could also post where more Android action happens, the Android portion of CB's PB app forum and ask for hints or peruse it and see if there are issues similar.

I do know occasionally I have not carried out the proper steps and something does not install but it generally works.

And since it is a new device, you have scrolled further down through the icons by swiping UP? I don't think it would wind up on the second pane/panel, but you can look, swipe to the left to reveal a second panel of icons.
    Last edited by F2; 07-31-12 at 09:03 PM.
    07-31-12 09:01 PM
    Wish I could help, but all I can say is I've installed Kindle and a ton of other android apps without a problem. Have you sideloaded any other apps?
    07-31-12 09:20 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/

These are the instructions I followed for all android installs. Pay close attention to all screen shots
    07-31-12 09:44 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-2-0-a-701348/

These are the instructions I followed for all android installs. Pay close attention to all screen shots
    I second that. BBHTools is probably the easiest way to do it.
    07-31-12 09:58 PM
    I have Kindle sideloaded too. I don't have the bar file I loaded but likely got it from the same link you did. The version listed on mine is 3.2.0.35.

Aside from the occasional Android player freeze, mine runs fine.
    07-31-12 10:14 PM
    Sounds like a java issue. Google download java and upgrade to the latest. I had the same issue at first side loading. Everything seemed to work well but no icon on the homescreen. As soon as I upgraded the java it works like a charm. So my advice is make sure you got the latest java
    07-31-12 10:36 PM
    thank you everyone!

I uninstalled the java and DD?? then reinstalled. Finally after 6 hours I got it done. Has there ever been a slower newbie?

Now that I have that done. I have another question about the Playbook to ask. (remember it came without any manual)

when I have the device connected to my computer there is a list of folders. I will only post the first few: