Could you post some actual pictures of this case?

Can you display it with the USB power plug in without putting stress on it?

Looks like the actual holder separates from the cover. Is the holder secured to the cover some how?

Thanks,

Tim
    I just ordered one of these rooCases in red yesterday. I'll get it Tuesday and will post pics.
    06-25-11 01:12 PM
    i use and love one of the cases from Rim for the PB. It has a cool stand that makes the PB viewable from 2 angles. Adds practiclly no bulk. Forget the name but there is only 1 that acts as a stand. good protection whrn not in use.
    only beef is the case has to be opened to charge.

i never use screen protectors. Todays screens do not need them. My 3 year old Storm2 is like new (screen that is).
    06-25-11 01:30 PM
    Now THIS case looks awesome - but I can't find any retailer in the U.S. that sells it! Major bummer...

UPDATE: Just learned it's ONLY available to you Northerners. Now that just sucks... at least for me it does, lol.
    I think the best case available here in US is available in Amazon (you can find it on Ebay also):
    Amazon.com: Protective Genuine Leather Folio Case With Built-In Stand for BlackBerry PlayBook 16GB , 32GB , 64GB **Includes Micro-USB Charge Cable and Accessory Bag**: Electronics
    This case is similar to the Icon Carbon Clip case which is popular in Canada. The only difference is that it is with leather. I already own it and its very good quality leather (looks pretty neat and luxurious) and stitching is top grade too.
    In addition all the ports and camera are accessible from within the cover.
    The Best part is 3 level of stand positions for the playbook which are very stable.
    As far as Screen protectors are concerned, I got the BodyGuardz armour from Crackberry store and man they are good and make the Blackberry look stylish (if out of its main cover)
    I spent almost 1 month of going through many different cases and screen protectors, returning many and in the end zeroed in on these two and am very glad with them and can recommend them to everybody.
    06-25-11 10:18 PM
    I'm waiting for the Dicota to be released. Their other products are excellent...

| Dicota
    06-26-11 10:06 AM
    Could you post some actual pictures of this case?

Can you display it with the USB power plug in without putting stress on it?

Looks like the actual holder separates from the cover. Is the holder secured to the cover some how?

Thanks,

Tim
    PROS
    -It's a beautiful case. It's eye catching and a vibrant color red so I'm guessing the other colors look just as beautiful.
    -Very good quality leather
    -It has 'claws' like the icon but on top, bottom, and the right side so it's easy to get the pb into the case. It's a snug slide into the case, which is good.
    -It has velcro teeth at the bottom and the inside is lined with felt so you can adjust it to any position, versus just one of three or four positions
    -It stands vertically
    -You can hold it folded flat if you want to type with your thumbs in the portrait position
    -It closes with a magnetic clasp
    best "PRO"--- I got it for $19 on Amazon.

CONS
    -It's heavy. When i took it out of the box it felt like it had a pb, or something close to it, inside already. My husband didn't think it was heavy at all so maybe it's a girl thing. Lol (weight or not, I'm rockin it hard!)
    -It does not have a cutout at the bottom for the ports so you have to charge it with the case open. I have a pic at the bottom that shows it with the charger and 'standing' in the case (doesn't work very well). BUT--> since it's not hard to put the pb in the case you can either flip the pb so the charging port is at the top if charging with the case closed is important.
    -The clasp, to me, gets in the way when it's at the reading angle. If i have it at its lowest angle then i tuck the flap just under the pb in between the claws. If i have the pb sitting high then i tuck it under the case. Minor issue for me, plus i think as the leather flap softens up this will be a non-issue.

Last edited by vecharo; 07-02-11 at 09:41 PM.
    07-02-11 09:26 PM
    +1 for the bb oem convertible case. i think this case is great. protects the pb when carrying around and also acts as a stand.
    07-02-11 09:59 PM
    I went with the otterbox, even though its a little heavy and bulky the protection is outstanding. I carry my PlayBook along with my other "stuff" in my Kenneth Cole medium size leather messenger shoulder bag. I also have the OEM journal case and envelope and depending on my day depends on which case I use. When I'm home I favor the otterbox.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 07-03-11 at 10:11 AM.
    07-03-11 10:05 AM
    i like the oem convertible.The functionality is super,only the quality could be a bit better.
    07-03-11 11:41 AM
    I got my playbook leather case from pdaair, and its really awesome, you guys will love it, and the good thing that they could send worldwide for FREE with min order of Usd $28, so check it out at PDair Cell Phone Case, Cell Phone Leather Case, Cell Phone Accessories
    07-03-11 12:02 PM
    I have a Vaja case which is very nice...but now that I have a case I think I prefer my Playbook naked.

Anyone interested in a Vaja case PM me. Basically never used, ****ake outside, Brownie inside.
    07-06-11 07:47 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD