I had an issue with my messages app and tried everything but nothing worked. Social backed up my files and did a security wipe. I don't know how to get those files back on my playbook or even where to find them. I see nothing in the desktop software that tells me how to get my files back on. I watched videos and read threads but could not find this question. Sorry if it was asked already
    05-26-12 06:43 PM
    Try a system restore through Blackberry Desktop.
    05-26-12 07:22 PM
    Back up again. This time take note of where you backup file is going and change it if need be.
    05-26-12 07:26 PM
    Back up again. This time take note of where you backup file is going and change it if need be.
    By default, the backup file goes to My Documents\BlackBerry\Backup. To check this, open BB Desktop Software, click Tools and then Desktop Options- it'll tell you where your backup file is.
    05-26-12 09:22 PM
    By default, the backup file goes to My Documents\BlackBerry\Backup. To check this, open BB Desktop Software, click Tools and then Desktop Options- it'll tell you where your backup file is.
    Perfect, thank you. I found it by using your advice. Now how do I get those files back on my playbook?
    05-27-12 09:09 AM
    You should be able to use Desktop Manager (dm) to restore the device - it should either initially point to the folder where you backup is located or you should be able to browse to it.
    05-27-12 09:20 AM
    In desktop manager click device then restore.
    05-27-12 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD