So my playbook froze and i tried to do a hard reset, but no all i have is a black lit up screen like it's on but there's nothing on the screen...so what can i do?

please help
    07-14-11 09:50 AM
    So my playbook froze and i tried to do a hard reset, but no all i have is a black lit up screen like it's on but there's nothing on the screen...so what can i do?

please help
    Hold the buttons until the red led comes on. If it doesnt try connect to desktop manager on PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-11 09:52 AM

please help
    Have you tried a simple soft restart? Just try holding the power button down until the screen shuts off and then restart it. Too many people immediately leaping at the hard reset as a first rather than last resort. There is no garantee that a soft restart will work but it is would should be attempted first.
    07-14-11 09:58 AM
    sorry that's what i was doing. I was holding down the botton and now i got a black screen that's lit up
    07-14-11 10:00 AM
    Are you saying that the unit would not fully shut down?
    07-14-11 10:05 AM
    have you tried charging the battery?
    07-14-11 10:25 AM
    Yes, try charging the battery. This happened to me a while back. I too had thought that PB had froze. Did not realize that the battery was completely drained. Let it charge a bit and try to reboot again. Good luck.
    07-14-11 11:27 AM
    sorry that's what i was doing. I was holding down the botton and now i got a black screen that's lit up
    Hold down power, volume up and volume down buttons at the same time.
    07-14-11 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD