I'm not furious about this, but more interressted how this is possible. Before, when I turned off and back on my pb, it would show 2 minute long bubbles. But all of a sudden, it shows random (hacked-like) squares! This is creepy and it seems hacked. In that case, I have a few questions.
    1. how do I change this (must be possible since it happens EVERY TIME I start my pb)
    2. Is this possible
    3. Is this hacked
    4. Without a security-wipe, how do I get rid of this
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????Need Help! - bb playbook-weird-help-needed.jpg
    03-06-13 03:34 PM
    Hmmm. Don't think this is a security issue. The "bubbles" are the video that plays for the boot sequence.

Try hooking your system up to a PC with Desktop Manager and see if you can reload the OS. It should give you the option to run a backup before you do the reload, and then restore all your files/apps/stuff.

EDIT: Oh, and if you're somehow unable to do that, see if you can navigate into the device over USB from a PC and retrieve your documents and stuff. Then, yes, it's time to wipe.

Good luck.
    03-06-13 03:40 PM
    It's not hacked but does appear to be corrupted. Have you tried a hard (three button) reboot? Failing that, an OS reinstall is in order. Those squares are the bubbles but a line(s) of code isn't being executed for some reason. I believe the start up screen bubble sequence also functions as a screen exerciser.
    03-06-13 03:59 PM
    Hmmm. Don't think this is a security issue. The "bubbles" are the video that plays for the boot sequence.
    There's a good question. Are the "bubbles" a video or is the start-up thing done in software?

It's hard to image the whole background video being replaced by a similar video with squares. It's much easier for me to believe that we're seeing squares instead of circles due to some missing or corrupt file.
    03-06-13 03:59 PM
    Your PlayBook is the Chosen One! It can see the Matrix! Someone BBM Morpheus...
    Shadowyugi likes this.
    03-06-13 04:12 PM
    That's because you downloaded a pirated version of Angry Birds from Koz!
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    03-06-13 04:16 PM
    Green Bokeh SQUARES! by ~DefectiveDre on deviantART

I have the impression that someone has a strange sense of humor ...

... The PB picture look so similar to the stock picture.
    The white background, the shade at the bottom, and the glare on the top left corner ....
    Last edited by Briard; 03-06-13 at 05:19 PM.
    03-06-13 04:17 PM
    Any other issues other than square bubbles
    03-06-13 04:17 PM
    Does it work normally after that "square" sequence or are there other problems? Did this occur suddenly or after an OS update? Maybe that's bb10 accidentally loaded on your pb!
    03-06-13 04:18 PM
    Green Bokeh SQUARES! by ~DefectiveDre on deviantART

I have the impression that someone has a strange sense of humor ...
    Indeed. It looks like the image the parent used to produce the "photo" in the first post. (They're identical, after all). Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think this is some kind of strange joke.
    03-06-13 04:30 PM
    That's because you downloaded a pirated version of Angry Birds from Koz!
    I didn't download it, i just noticed it. btw, this is not a joke and I can still use my pb, it's just it starts up like that now. So nothing wrong with it. Indeed that image looks very similar, so this was probably hacked by some guy who put on that photo. Weird thing is, it's still a video. I'm not wiping so someone give me a work around
    03-06-13 05:12 PM
    it occured after downloading something called xe currency on app world. It installed something else so I deleted but that's all that happened recently
    03-06-13 05:13 PM
    it occured after downloading something called xe currency on app world. It installed something else so I deleted but that's all that happened recently
    Okay, It's a joke. The XE Currency non-problem was debunked days ago.
    03-06-13 05:36 PM
    this is a very common problem that comes from sideloading android apps...
    03-06-13 06:02 PM
    it's not a joke and Im actually scared. Now, I deleted it using a file manager but when I turn it off and on, this thing appears. what can I do other than try and explain to you its not a joke.
    03-06-13 06:37 PM
    Video Proof always works in a well lit room and the playbook always in the frame.. Otherwise i call bs..lol

This is my boot screen i think mine was hacked too.
    Attached Thumbnails Need Help! - bb playbook-bootup.png  
    03-06-13 06:45 PM
    With the same glare on the bezel it must be the same hacker.
    03-06-13 07:00 PM
    Mine was hacked too!
    Attached Thumbnails Need Help! - bb playbook-playbook-screen-hacked.png  
    03-07-13 08:10 AM
    This us not the normal boot up pictures, looks like a photo chop picture in the OP.

There is yet anyway to change the boot up pictures video on playbook.

Either this is BS or corrupted os boot file.

To date there is no way to hack playbook externally only internally and you would need to be a BlackBerry engineer to do so.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    03-07-13 09:12 AM