I really need some help. For some strange reason, my Play (that was on develop. beta 2.0.0.6149 just downgraded itself to 1.0.8.6067??? I have no idea why. At first today it booted then turned itself off. I turned it on, put it in dev mode and plugged into desktop manager...which said it couldn't communicate with device. It also said that an update may need to be installed...and gave me instructions to hold down power button, let device power off, and then turn back on while connected (via USB) to computer...I did that. It appeared to be making an UPGRADE, but then at the end said that the upgrade didn't work?It told me to repeat (turning off all security and firewalls-did that too) i did. Still gave error. My Playbook is currently ON- I haven't powered it down...Now I have 1.0.8.6067 ???
    I'm not knowing at all what to do- don't want to ruin playbook! I have no important data I'm worried about- it's basically 4 days old. I would be so grateful for help.
    01-04-12 08:24 PM
    Also, my android running apps were there, but obviously now won't work...Unfortunately, neither will my browser? Wifi is connected, though it did disconnect itself after update
    01-04-12 08:30 PM
    If you don't mind losing the data on the Playbook, use the debrick method to reinstall the os.

Reboot the PC before trying the debrick.
    01-04-12 09:01 PM
    Interestingly enough, I've had this same problem happen now on 3 occasions.

First time was Sunday Jan 8th.
    Second time was Jan 15.
    Thirdly, it happened this morning.

I booted up this morning, checked my hockey pool and turned the playbook off before heading to work.
    An hour later, I start the playbook and it goes through a 4-5 minute boot, resets and starts with 1.0.8.6067.

In addition to the automatic downgrade, the playbook doesn't seem to want to bridge correctly with my 9700 upon the reboot (even with clearing out the 9700 settings, delete & reload bridge & extended battery pull).
    Last time i was forced to wipe and build from the bottom up.

Any suggestions or other users having similar patterns?
    01-17-12 09:01 AM
    My playbook also downgraded itself today. I was on the android player, and exited it because it had frozen, then reopened it. I saw that it was still frozen, so I figured I would reset the Playbook, which has worked in the past. It took forever for it to get to the boot-up screen, then reset again and had a different boot-up screen. I checked the OS, and sure enough it had downgraded itself from 2.0 to 1.0.8.6067 without being asked to, or being connected to the internet.

Has anyone else experienced this? I was just going to upgrade back to 2.0 and do a security wipe.

My android apps were still there, but wouldn't run.
    02-02-12 06:55 PM
    I've had it happen twice. Not much you can do about it. That's why there were so many disclaimers when you signed up for the Dev Beta. You can always re-register, or suffer through the next week(s) until the official version is released.
    02-02-12 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD