i recently bought a car and want to email pics to my sis from my playbook using my gmail but i cant see anywhere to attach tbe pics???!!! please help me & is there a way to cut n paste with the playbook???? :s
    06-12-11 08:02 AM
    found this information on another web site:

Here's the way to do it: when seeing your list of e-mail messages, on the left column, on the gmail website, scroll that list all the way down . At the bottom, you'll see several links. One of them says "basic html". Click on it.

Now the old gmail looks appear, and if you click on Compose Mail you'll get an attachment link.

Alternatively, click on "desktop", instead of basic html, and you'll see your gmail just like on your computer.
    slyder0244 and pb944 like this.
    06-12-11 10:31 AM
    i assume you don't have a blackberry phone and just using web gmail to send email.

i think the mobile version of gmail (default), doesn't have attachment option so you need to use the 'basic html' version. just scroll down to the bottom to select it.
    06-12-11 10:34 AM
    Couldn't you just use your regular email i.e. yahoo account to send pics through email? Legit question rather than a rhetorical one, I'm a new user and would like to know for future reference.
    06-12-11 11:01 AM
    uncola you are a beautiful human being. I've been trying to figure out how to send attachments from this damn thing, and the html view is so much better than the mobile view. This has just made the playbook so much more useful.
    06-12-11 01:46 PM
    wicked, thanks so much folks
    06-12-11 07:43 PM
    Thanks uncola, so sick of trying to attach a file in bridge email.
    06-23-11 03:16 PM
    Thanks uncola, so sick of trying to attach a file in bridge email.
    I thought I was having a Bridge Attachment problem also. When I tried to attach a PB file to a Bridge email, whether it was a doc, pdf or picture, the file would appear and I would select it to attach, but then nothing would happen. I found I had to hit cancel on the file attachment screen, then the PB would default back to the compose email screen and the attachment would load and attach and away it could go. But they need to fix this glitch, because it hides the fact that the attachment actually works.
    06-23-11 03:22 PM
    I can achieve no real consistency when trying to attach something to an email and send it.

Sometimes I see a progress bar and sometimes just the word "uploading" Then sometimes I can press the SEND button and sometimes only the BACK button is available and then I wind up with only a draft which I then have to send but the Draft shows no sign that there is an attachment.

And as I "tiraded" in another attachment thread just a minute ago, trying to attach a new camera shot was an exercise in tedium. I had to wade through over 1,000 photos since there is no Folder organization and I had a trip to Europe and 3 other trips and assorted miscellaneous photos to scroll through. While at times I really like this little tablet, at other times I am too horribly reminded at how NON-professoinal the damn pb is!

It is seriously going to take them months to fix some of the obvious flaws, if they can ever get to many of them.
    kirson likes this.
    06-23-11 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD