Hey guys, so with the PB price finally dropping to $299, its finally in my price range. Even so, I still need more than the price factor to convince me why and how PB would be beneficial to me and what are some of the day to day things I could do with it.

What does the future hold in terms of upgrades? I know about 2.0 coming out sometime in Feb. But I was wondering if they were gonna bring out a newer version of PB maybe 10" in size.
    01-10-12 03:41 PM
    a 10 in size would make it a playbook no more. the current size is what I like about it so much and the smooth way it works. After those changes are made in the new version with email and the way it handles contacts is going to be super duper awesome. I won't try to convince you you need one, as I have no idea what your needs are. For me I am gone for work and this is a much better option to surf and play then my phone is while sitting around hotel rooms.
    01-10-12 03:59 PM
    Here: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-remote

and Here: http://crackberry.com/first-look-ful...tacts-and-more

and Here: http://crackberry.com/visa-certifies...ayment-devices

Its an amazing device, Portable beyond an iPad's dream. Better sound and video than any Androidalanche could muster. With Bridge and a BB phone its the best combo there is.

I dropped my iPhone/iPad combo for it. and I'm very happy i did.
    Last edited by CanadianThomas; 01-10-12 at 04:29 PM.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    01-10-12 04:22 PM
    Ops, double post.
    01-10-12 04:28 PM
    Well I had one when it first came out last summer. Had a 9700 bridged and it was just too laggy and the connection wouldn't even 5 mins. I hope those issues are fixed now with recent updates. But I returned it back to Bestbuy because it was too buggy and too expensive for an uncomplete device.
    01-10-12 04:30 PM
    What does the future hold in terms of upgrades? I know about 2.0 coming out sometime in Feb. But I was wondering if they were gonna bring out a newer version of PB maybe 10" in size.
    More updates are expected to follow 2.0, though they haven't detailed any plans for it other than to promise they'd arrive more quickly than they have lately.

There's also talk of a larger model, but no timeframe.

Really though, the 7" and 10" tablets serve different purposes. If you want a 10", wait. If you want something you'll carry with you everywhere, go for it now with the 7"...
    01-10-12 04:33 PM
    a 10 in size would make it a playbook no more. the current size is what I like about it so much and the smooth way it works. After those changes are made in the new version with email and the way it handles contacts is going to be super duper awesome. I won't try to convince you you need one, as I have no idea what your needs are. For me I am gone for work and this is a much better option to surf and play then my phone is while sitting around hotel rooms.
    Well my needs are for it to any play video format. I have a lot of time on my hands due to the nature of my work so I like to catch up on TV shows which I downloaded from my favorite torrent site. Most of them are mkv format. Is there a 3rd party or an android app to play mkv files?
    01-10-12 04:39 PM
    Hey guys, so with the PB price finally dropping to $299, its finally in my price range. Even so, I still need more than the price factor to convince me why and how PB would be beneficial to me and what are some of the day to day things I could do with it.

There will likely be a larger model, but we wouldn't see it this year.

It's an excellent media device; sound is fantastic and the video is gorgeous. You can stream movies right now through YouTube Movies, and it plays a wide variety of formats.

Pretty good e-reader, and there's quite a few alternatives to the original Kobo software now.

Browsing experience is considerably improved. Would like to see a few niggling bugs worked out of the browser, but it's generally excellent.

2.0 enhancements look to be excellent, and will bring many, MANY Android Apps to the table.
    01-10-12 04:48 PM
    01-10-12 04:50 PM
    So finally got my 2nd PB. The 64gb were sold out in 2 Bestbuys in my area so had to settle for the 32 for now.
    01-10-12 10:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD