I was hoping to get some suggestions from those who have hands on experience using two or more of the Cloud providers.

I have always used docs and pics on Google well before the term Cloud came into use. GCloud works with the native browser and docs to go. I can upload docs from docs to go. One little issue is if I'm on the browser and trying to scroll thru my gdocs, it is very jumpy, slow and often it tries to move a doc.

I was hoping to get input from other Playbook owners with Microsoft PC's and their experiences with other Cloud providers.

Regards,
    Michaelaw
    10-15-12 09:49 AM
    I'm using Box which I find pretty decent, especially as I got 50GB for free! You should check to see if that offer's still valid to PlayBook users but for me, and my 16GB PB, it's proven invaluable. The only issue I've had has been with deleting a file. If you delete it from you PB it's still shows on your main account, accessed through your PC. It's easier to just delete from that account and know that it's truly been removed.
    10-15-12 10:31 AM
    You might like to take the free trial of Files & Folders for a spin:
    10-15-12 11:18 AM
    ADrive - 50GB for free plus you can sideload the android app. Else linking different box, dropbox, gdrive and skydrive through the files & folders native PB app is awesome. For me it means I have 64GB internal, plus 50GB through ADrive, 5GB through Dropbox, 5 through Box, 5 in GDrive, 7GB through Skydrive - a total of 136GB available, 72GB of which is cloud based.

Overkill...absolutely, but any free storage is useful! Plus you can separate accounts for different purposes
    Innovatology likes this.
    10-15-12 11:23 AM
    I use Box also but use the app Files & Folder to do up loading and downloading to the cloud. Also Box has auto sync from your desktop to the cloud which I like. Box is also developing for the BB10. The 50GB free is still available if you download and register through the free Box app on the Playbook
    bay1902 and Innovatology like this.
    10-15-12 11:26 AM
    Nice - i'm gonna take advantage of another free 50gb! lol

Edit - wow, just installed the app, logged in with existing account & got message of upgrade to 50GB! Sweeeeeet! Cheers BB_Phoenix!
    BB_Phoenix likes this.
    10-15-12 12:27 PM
    I have quite a few...

The one I use the most is SugarSync. 5Gb free +500mb per referral. Sitting on 33gb right now. It has a BlackBerry app, but no plans on a PlayBook app (and so far, nothing on BB10 as well). I may drop it just because of that. It does have an app to sync your desktop to the cloud though.

BOX gives you 50GB free, either create an account or log in using the PlayBook. No sync software unless you go paid ($15/month), but it will be a major part of BB10, or so it seems. And there is a native PlayBook app.

Both are limited to 100mb files for upload, but they are very reliable... And supported by Files and Folders.

A middle ground solution is Microsoft's Sky Drive. 25gb free, sync software, supported by Files and Folders and with a BB10 app at launch (or so videos make us believe). I don't use it much, but it's nice to know it is there. Problem with Sky Drive and Google Drive: EUA kinda make you lose all rights to files stored on their servers, allowing both companies to use any file at any time for whatever they want to do.

As far as I remember all three work very well in the browser, should you decide to forgo an app.
    Innovatology likes this.
    10-15-12 12:49 PM
    I'm using Box which I find pretty decent, especially as I got 50GB for free! You should check to see if that offer's still valid to PlayBook users but for me, and my 16GB PB, it's proven invaluable. The only issue I've had has been with deleting a file. If you delete it from you PB it's still shows on your main account, accessed through your PC. It's easier to just delete from that account and know that it's truly been removed.
    Only 5gb free at this time.
    10-15-12 01:31 PM
    To clarify. are you just looking for online storage or something like Google Docs?

Its not free, but the Microsoft Office 365 E version includes support for both the BlackBerry Phones and the PlayBook, plus online access to the Microsoft Office Apps. I think it even gives you some team sharing capabilities, plus public and team websites.

The free option from Microsoft is the Outlook.com account, which works fairly well with the phones, but is missing the BES like sync speed and the office apps. You just get email, calendar and a a bit of online storage. The sync to the phone is not instantaneous and according to the BlackBerry documentation, can take up to four hours to sync changes between the phone and the online/cloud. The PlayBook syncs both ways with the Outlook.com online pretty well instantly.

I just tried the Outlook.com skydrive using the 9900 browser and it worked. It brings you to a mobile version, but if you go to the PC version, you are able to upload files, just like you do from the PC. There may have been an upload option on the mobile site, but I couldn't find it.
    10-15-12 02:19 PM
    +1 on the Files & Folders recommendation. You can access most all of your cloud files from 1 application. It works very well.
    Innovatology likes this.
    10-15-12 02:39 PM
    As far as managing file transfers between your PB and the Cloud, you might also consider X-Plore File Manager. It supports Box, Dropbox, Skydrive, Sugarsync, Google Drive and a few others. It also allows you to stream video and audio stored in the Cloud without having to download the files first. I don't think Files and Folders can do this. It also can connect to shared folders on your PC and allows you to transfer files from your PC to the Cloud. Finally, like Ghost Commander, it's a dual pane file browser which means you don't have to navigate back and forth to copy and paste files.
    10-15-12 05:15 PM
    Only 5gb free at this time.
    nope, that's incorrect. 5gb when you signup online, but when you then install the native pb app when you login a message pops up stating you have been upgraded to 50gb. I did this today, then got an email from box where you can send the 50gb offe to others at their work address (can't use free emails such as gmail, hotmail etc).
    10-15-12 05:50 PM
    My personal prefrence is Box (PlayBook Promo at the time gave 50GB) if you sign up through the PB app and paid version of SugarSync (30GB).

Box just recently released a sync app for the PC, so its making it worth while to cancel the sugarsync account... and since as it seems Box might be integrated into BB10, it'll work even better for me.
    10-15-12 06:11 PM
    No, the 50 gb limit applies to the end of the year, and is automatically credited to existing accounts. And now that I also have Box on my android phone, I can put tons of pics and video I take on the phone into Box and access them on my PB as well as free up space. Of course you can do that on Skydrive an Dropbox as well, but with a 50 gb limit on Box, it is much more practical.
    10-15-12 08:30 PM