I need some help please. I restarted my playbook and it won't seem to boot. I can tell the back light is on if I look at the corners of the screen but the screen itself is just black. I tried holding down the volume up/down and the power button to restart it and nothing seems to happen. Anyone have any ideas?
    02-29-12 11:20 PM
    02-29-12 11:26 PM
    Try holding the three buttons down longer. It sometimes takes 15-20 seconds of holding them down.
    02-29-12 11:36 PM
    His problem has been solved already so I figured it made sense to make my own thread.

I have tried holding them down for various amounts of time including 60 seconds. I have also tried connecting it to my computer to try and force an OS reload and no luck.
    Last edited by hobbit25; 02-29-12 at 11:39 PM.
    02-29-12 11:36 PM
    I don't have a tethering plan from my carrier for my playbook although i have a data on my 9810. Curiosity, why can't i connect to the public wifi like cafe's, hotels even where i work, with exceptios of my home wifi. My kids has kindle fire and Ipads and could easily connects to public wifi. Is there a special way to configure my playbook aside from what it has. Can some techies can help me out there?
    02-29-12 11:46 PM
    botchok, your question is buried in a thread on a different topic. Lots of people use their PlayBooks on public wifi, you must have some kind of configuration problem. I can't help you, but search a bit in the forum or start a new thread.
    03-01-12 02:32 AM
    Is the PlayBook fully charged? Maybe the battery is too low.
    03-01-12 03:11 AM
    hobbit:

Go into a dark room/closet. Press the power button for 10 or so seconds. Does the screen turn off then? If so, plug into charger for an hour or two. Back to dark room and press the power button. Does the screen show light? Press and hold it for 15-30 seconds. Any affect? Try the three buttons (power vol up/down).

If no results, try debrick. Make sure pb is off again.

Try the Debrick method....

1) Turn your playbook OFF by holding down the power button
    2) Let your playbook sit for about 10 minutes as earlier suggested.
    3) After letting the PB sit (and still powered off) open up the Blackberry Desktop Software (the latest version)
    4) Once the Blackberry Desktop Software is opened, use the USB Cable and hook the PB to the PC.. THEN power on the Playbook
    5) A screen will show on your computer showing that the device cannot be found
    6) Click on Update. It will take awhile
    03-01-12 09:31 AM
    My pb is also difficult to turn on. When i swipe or press the power button back light turns on but i get blank screen. I know the pb is on cuz i can pull down menu (black screen faintly changes as i swipe around the blank screen) and also screen capture works.

I have to turn off and turn on my pb and the screen will eventually turn on normally. Sometimes it will turn on and the screen color with be weird like a negative. It is like trying to start an old carbonated car in the morning it takes some tries but sometimes it goes in one
    08-05-12 09:26 AM
    My pb is also difficult to turn on. When i swipe or press the power button back light turns on but i get blank screen. I know the pb is on cuz i can pull down menu (black screen faintly changes as i swipe around the blank screen) and also screen capture works.

I have to turn off and turn on my pb and the screen will eventually turn on normally. Sometimes it will turn on and the screen color with be weird like a negative. It is like trying to start an old carbonated car in the morning it takes some tries but sometimes it goes in one
    I think you should call RIM on that one.
    08-05-12 09:31 AM
    Yeah, you definitely want to get it documented in their system for warranty purposes, especially if it has been going on for a while. They will probably have you try some OS reload and if it works, great, but at least they will have a trouble ticket they can refer to if it completely fails out of warranty. Kinda tough if it is already out of warranty, though. Also, it might be time to activate the 90 day support if you haven't already.
    08-05-12 09:44 AM
    Mines out of warranty already. Thinking about sending it for service but im sure you know the feeling that it is hard to separate with the pb even for a day.
    08-05-12 10:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD