I am struggling with justifying my purchase. I had hoped that BB would have updated the OS by now. Or that main stream developers would have jumped on board by now. I expected to see at least a few well known apps readily available by now. Kindle, Pulse, Angry Birds.... I have the 16gig, which I have to say has the best browser in this form factor hands down. I love the screen, and the user interface. The OS has so much potential. The responsiveness is unmatched. However, I wanted more than just web browsing from my device.

I decided to buy the HTC Sprint View 4G. I've had it for a week, and love it. The widgets, the note taking/evernote integration, plus the available downloads makes this device more useful to me. Instant access to the multitude of apps is what make tablets more useful. Plus discovery of more uses is what makes owning these devices fun.

So, my dilemma is that I want to keep both, but really can't afford justifying the cost of two tablets. Any advice is welcomed.
    06-30-11 02:00 PM
    Sounds like you already know the answer and are looking for reassurance. Sell it. You yourself know better than anyone here if you should keep it or not, you can't justify the purchase, sounds like a no brainer to me.
    maxiobiz likes this.
    06-30-11 02:05 PM
    I think you need chill. Just because someone is new to the BB forum doesn't make them an Apple Fan Boy, and automatically merits a label and negative comments. So, if someone is not drinking your cool aid it makes them a hater.

I love gadgets, regardless of the manufacturer. I was expecting an insightful dialog about where the tech might end up, or maybe something that I wasn't already aware of. If you don't like the discussion, don't post a reply. That is what a FORUM is for, to discuss the tech - like adults.
    06-30-11 03:32 PM
    Sounds like you already know the answer and are looking for reassurance. Sell it. You yourself know better than anyone here if you should keep it or not, you can't justify the purchase, sounds like a no brainer to me.
    You might be right about that. I see the potential, and part of me really wants to see this device go to the next level. I'd hate to sell it and then regret it. :-) I appreciate the feedback. thanks
    06-30-11 03:34 PM
    You might be right about that. I see the potential, and part of me really wants to see this device go to the next level. I'd hate to sell it and then regret it. :-) I appreciate the feedback. thanks
    it does have huge potential, just need more time. Like I said, if you can't justify it sell it. Revisit the purchase later on when the short and curlies are ironed out.
    Last edited by SmakBerry; 06-30-11 at 03:48 PM.
    06-30-11 03:42 PM
    If you're not happy sell, sell, sell. You can get $350 for it on Ebay. Let somebody who will appreciate a great machine have the satisfaction of getting a great deal.
    Last edited by CBplayer; 06-30-11 at 04:26 PM.
    06-30-11 04:22 PM
    Bah if you sold at the right price and it was at least the 32gb version I'd think about it.
    06-30-11 04:37 PM
    What she said.
    06-30-11 05:04 PM
    Try and find a way to justify them both...I am fortunate to be in the position to have a PB, iPad 2, and just took delivery of the View...the PB has massive potential and while pretty much useless for me at work, I've boxed it back up and put it in a cabinet until they get the things addressed, that **I** feel are important... Once they do, I will haul it back out and give the others to co workers...if you can afford to, park it and bring it out when it has the functionality you need...btw, having some fun playing with the View

J..
    maxiobiz likes this.
    06-30-11 05:11 PM
    Try and find a way to justify them both...I am fortunate to be in the position to have a PB, iPad 2, and just took delivery of the View...the PB has massive potential and while pretty much useless for me at work, I've boxed it back up and put it in a cabinet until they get the things addressed, that **I** feel are important... Once they do, I will haul it back out and give the others to co workers...if you can afford to, park it and bring it out when it has the functionality you need...btw, having some fun playing with the View

J..
    I'm with you there. That's exactly how I feel. I'm just getting impatient, and having such an expensive device laying around is tough. In a way, that is the price one pays being an early adopter. I appreciate the feedback. tx.
    06-30-11 06:26 PM
    If you're not happy sell, sell, sell. You can get $350 for it on Ebay. Let somebody who will appreciate a great machine have the satisfaction of getting a great deal.
    agreed. i just got one today for $350 cash...brand new sealed 16GB...im in miami
    CBplayer likes this.
    06-30-11 06:38 PM
    Wouldn't it be cool if all threads had a soundtrack?

Just a thought.
    06-30-11 06:46 PM
    I would sell mine if wouldn't take such a big hit off of retail. I was looking at Craigslist today thinking about selling my PB only to find that the things were being given away. Prices ranged from $375-450. I've only had mine for three weeks and its lost $150 in value. Ouch. I should have returned it within the two weeks to BestBuy.
    06-30-11 06:47 PM
    sell,keep the view.
    06-30-11 06:56 PM
    If you've passed your return date I would keep hold of it. They'll fetch more on the aftermarket when the android player is available, and who knows, you might love it when that happens.
    06-30-11 06:56 PM
    As an actual owner, I can say that I have been extremely impressed with the PB. Many times, those who are enjoying their new device will just do so in quietly. The trolls around here are really quite pathetic little creeps most of whom don't even own the device which begs the question: why are they here in the first place?

I owned an itouch that I really didn't think much of but it never crossed my mind to go to an Apple forum to biatch about it.

The PB really is an excellent device. The only thing the trolls try to use against itn is its lack of crutches (apps) yet the apps are rolling out nonetheless. It's far more robust than any of the competitors and its hardware, OS and UI superior and it's only 10 weeks old!

Bravo RIM. You've obviously struck a nerve if you get so many itrolls going out of their way to hang out on a PB forum weak saucing it.
    06-30-11 07:09 PM
    Blackjack you're really starting to crack me up.
    You too? I crack myself up also.
    Just doing my duty... its all in a days work. Next task - saving the world from the strange alien greenie invasion caused by global warming and then ..(someone has to do it) ...world peace. Sigh - a super hero's work is never done...
    06-30-11 08:56 PM
    Wouldn't it be cool if all threads had a soundtrack?

Just a thought.
    lol!

Been hitting the vinyl again huh? Hey have you thought of changing your signature line to "when you start swiping the bezel of your iPad its time to sell the iPad" -

I actually did that when I went to check out the XOOM in a store....I promptly put it back and realized I could never stray from my true love and Playmate...it just didn't feel right and I felt guilty...it was just so ungratifying and I felt like I had to take a shower....IMHO

By the way since you were so helpful with the IMHO ...how DO you change the signature line? I have signature line quote envy big time and nobody will help me...
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 06-30-11 at 09:08 PM.
    06-30-11 09:03 PM
    Go to your profile (click your screen name at the top right of this page). When the screen pops up, go to user control panel. There will be a tab called "edit signature". Go crazy.
    06-30-11 09:15 PM
    Go crazy.
    Too late - I'm already there ... thanks!
    06-30-11 09:18 PM
    Ohh "User CP" now why didn't I know that meant Control Panel
    frfghtr likes this.
    06-30-11 09:27 PM
    Ohh "User CP" now why didn't I know that meant Control Panel
    You're one crazy bugger. Ever think of being a fire fighter? Would have liked to have you on my crew.
    06-30-11 11:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD