Just bought a new 32G Blackberry Playbook at STAPLES and then installed Battery Guru. It shows that its battery health is 88% and recharge count is 6. The date on the box indicated 31 10 12. I also noticed just a little bulge at the back. Do I need to worry about this bulge and the battery health? Please advice.
    11-23-12 12:31 AM
    If you do a search for "Playbook bulge", you'll see that it's been talked about quite a bit. Apparently it's nothing to be concerned about. The reboot count odd. Maybe that's how many times it was tested, or it's a refurbished Playbook?
    11-23-12 04:38 AM
    When I got what I _THINK_ was a new replacement pb after I had to return mine, the "new" pb also showed a Recharge count of about 5 or 6, I don't recall. I presume that was part of the testing, manufacturing process. Battery health is described if you follow some of the links in Battery Guru. I don't think it is a major concern.

There's another very recent BUMP thread. If it really bothers you when laying flat on a table, then you might consider returning it. Rarely do I use my pb when it is just on a flat surface - mostly in my hands, while typing. Cases can hide the defect - but it is a definite cosmetic flaw but if severe very irritating. Check that other thread (although the thread title had a type "back site" rather than "back side"
    11-23-12 09:00 AM