As a newbie to the pb and to the world of technonology I is wanting to use my pb on my likkle boaty thingy that I has just got......see below...........

Navigation apps for the playbook.-fairline-squadron.jpg

I is wanting to put some see navigation things on my pb so does anybodypersons know of any eh see?
    02-01-14 09:12 AM
    That is a big boat and requires a big boathouse. Got a flying bridge, Show us the name, Flyboy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-01-14 12:54 PM
    That is a big boat and requires a big boathouse. Got a flying bridge, Show us the name, Flyboy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Don't yous starts gettin testical as well see eh? Wots a flying bridge then eh see?
    02-01-14 01:35 PM
    Looks like there are some nautical charts in BBRY World. Pricey but you can afford them. Get the one for the Bermuda Triangle!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-01-14 02:04 PM
    Don't yous starts gettin testical as well see eh? Wots a flying bridge then eh see?
    "A flying bridge is an open area on top of a surface ship which provides unobstructed views of the fore, aft, and the sides of a vessel, and which serves as an operating station for the ship." bridge wings are also associated w/ these...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-01-14 02:44 PM
    Either Osmand or Magellan. Magellan is a bit more stable, it seems.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-01-14 03:57 PM
    Seems like S*O*M already has found the water and now he needs something to avoid those Fahrdah shoals and popcorn reefs. Considering that the boat looks in the $100,000+ category one would think it would already be equipped with sonar and navigation equipment. Thus I think the old boy is just teasing us when he wants to know how to use a playbook for navigating. Of course he could be planning to issue orders from his bunk below, like Captain Hazelwood of the Exxon Valdez, to his cabin boy, Gilligan.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-01-14 07:56 PM
    "A flying bridge is an open area on top of a surface ship which provides unobstructed views of the fore, aft, and the sides of a vessel, and which serves as an operating station for the ship." bridge wings are also associated w/ these...
    OMG Fank yous for that see eh? An simple straight forwards answer to my questions see eh? I doesn't notice any wings on it so I is goin having a look right now see?
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-02-14 07:36 AM
    omg fank yous for that see eh? An simple straight forwards answer to my questions see eh? I doesn't notice any wings on it so i is goin having a look right now see?
    YW,,, if your boat's like the 1 in the pic, it doesn't,,, bridgewings are generally associated w/ ships, not boats, in order to see around the superstructure...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 08:29 AM
    A few years ago I found a program called Marine Navigator Lite by Ronald Koenig in BlackBerry World that works. I couldn't find the link to it online in BlackBerry world, so it may have been renamed or removed, It is on my PlayBook and shows handster as the publisher, which doesn't seem to have anything currently listed. You might find it in one of the BAR file sites. It was a free version. It was an Android app that was ported to BlackBerryWorld.

It uses raster charts, which in the USA are free to download from their hydrographic service or equivalent. You just need to put them in the appropriate directory on the PlayBook and import them into the program.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 09:20 AM
    YW,,, if your boat's like the 1 in the pic, it doesn't,,, bridgewings are generally associated w/ ships, not boats, in order to see around the superstructure...
    Yep that's it see.......... Its a fairline I think.........yes it is and I loves it I does.........

Sea now this is wot lives is all bout see helpin peoplepersonbodies that's asks for help see......I loves this sites I does.

Anyways its very long and if you can waits a minuite I is gonna go and measure it wiv my likkle tape measure......... The man said it was 58ft or was that 65ft or maybe 60ft..... I'll go out wiv my tapes measure now........back in a minuite......
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    02-02-14 10:19 AM
    A few years ago I found a program called Marine Navigator Lite by Ronald Koenig in BlackBerry World that works. I couldn't find the link to it online in BlackBerry world, so it may have been renamed or removed, It is on my PlayBook and shows handster as the publisher, which doesn't seem to have anything currently listed. You might find it in one of the BAR file sites. It was a free version. It was an Android app that was ported to BlackBerryWorld.

It uses raster charts, which in the USA are free to download from their hydrographic service or equivalent. You just need to put them in the appropriate directory on the PlayBook and import them into the program.
    Fank yous I is having a look after I measures the boat for the sailor up their ok?
    02-02-14 10:20 AM
    ps. Wots the difference between a boat and a ship eh?
    02-02-14 10:21 AM
    You are the expert but that is a good question. What you have shown is probably still a boat. But a big one capable of venturing moderately far from shore. A boat has a left and a right side while a ship has a port and starboard side. But for those interested in distinctions I offer the following reference selected from many.

http://www.marineinsight.com/marine/...ip-and-a-boat/
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 10:50 AM
    You are the expert but that is a good question. What you have shown is probably still a boat. But a big one capable of venturing moderately far from shore. A boat has a left and a right side while a ship has a port and starboard side. But for those interested in distinctions I offer the following reference selected from many.

7 Differences Between a Ship and a Boat
    Right I is now tokally confuzzed I is.

1. It has engines (two of them) so it's a ship?
    5. It doesn't weight 500tonnes so it's a boat?
    3. It can carry a boat so it's a ship?
    2. Me drives it so it's a boat?
    7. It's carry cargo, my brandy so it's a ship?
    11. It fits in my boat garage so it's a boat?

Anyways as well I is only havin a likkle tape measures see see I is havin to run backwards and forwards making likkle marks on the boat/ship wiv my pencil while I measures it see. Now just let's me does my likkle calkulasions here and I'll know how long it is see........

10ft + 1ft + 16ft - 2ft for the likkle sticky out thingy on the back + 12ft + 20ft = mmmmmmmmmmm very long.............mmmmmmmmmmm

Ah look at that...........the boat garage has a sign on it saying "max length 85ft" mmmmmmmmmmm........likkle tape measure has 6ft marked on it from the door to the pointy bit at the front so 90ft - 6ft - 1ft - 5ft = not quite 80ft

At last, this calls for a celebration see. Anybodyone fancy a brandy?
    02-02-14 11:40 AM
    Fly the cocktail flag on the main mast or whatever is customary on British ships/boats. And stay away from the torpedo juice.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 11:58 AM
    Wait until the sun sinks below the main mast before starting on the grog.

http://www.chow.com/recipes/10197-grog
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 12:09 PM
    Wait until the sun sinks below the main mast before starting on the grog.

Grog Recipe - CHOW
    My likkle boats not havin a mast see? Well not that I can find..........is it supposed to have one eh?
    02-02-14 02:00 PM
    i told you this 1 already,,, a boat will fit in a ship, a ship won't fit in a boat...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 04:32 PM
    you are the expert but that is a good question. What you have shown is probably still a boat. But a big one capable of venturing moderately far from shore. a boat has a left and a right side while a ship has a port and starboard side. but for those interested in distinctions i offer the following reference selected from many.

that's the most ridiculous thing i've ever read,,, port is port, starboard is starboard, regardless of vessle size...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 04:34 PM
    you are the expert but that is a good question. What you have shown is probably still a boat. But a big one capable of venturing moderately far from shore. A boat has a left and a right side while a ship has a port and starboard side. But for those interested in distinctions i offer the following reference selected from many.

there's some bogus info there, too,,, they say ships have dedicated engines,,, guess they never heard of tall ships...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 04:36 PM
    If it's over 51 ft, you'll need a captains license to pilot it,,, legally...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 04:38 PM
    there's some bogus info there, too,,, they say ships have dedicated engines,,, guess they never heard of tall ships...
    As stated there is considerable latitude and maybe longitude in distinguishing between a ship and a boat. Not many nations today use tall ships in their navies. Nor do they user rowers as in Roman and Greek times. So the information is not bogus in the present day but serves only as a guide of sorts.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 05:00 PM
    If it's over 51 ft, you'll need a captains license to pilot it,,, legally...
    Is that USA law? Does a flyboy license count?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 05:02 PM
    As S*O*M must already know the sovereign state of Flahrduh has some regulations regarding boating on public waters.

http://www.dmv.org/fl-florida/boat-registration.php

The Coast Guard may not get too involved if he does not operate any for hire excursions. If he does he will have to get a Captains license. Presumably he will not charge the invitees to his wild parties although he may suggest BYOB to the Budweiser drinkers should any such be allowed on board.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-02-14 08:10 PM
60 123