I spent over an hour on the phone with two different BlackBerry techs trying to solve a problem that I think "may" come down to a lack of knowing how to properly navigate messages, contacts, calendar etc on the PB via BES bridged to a BlackBerry phone.

I'm using a 9930 with Verizon.

I found that "sometimes" a single tap to choose a message in a list, or to Reply To or Delete a message, would do the job fine... but more often than not it would do nothing.

Or the response would come after a ridiculously long delay of, say, 15-20 seconds.

It got so bad sometimes the Back button wouldn't respond to close a message. At one point the Back button went from gray to blue and just remained blue with nothing else happening -- until I tapped it again and it went back to gray and closed the message.

About 40% of the time, though, it all worked fine.

All in all, the device and software seem fine.

In fact, I think I "may" have discovered the real root of the issue.

It seems that "perhaps" BES when bridged onto the PB requires not single taps but rather "double taps" to make many things happen (or happen reliably and quickly), such as Reply To, or Delete, or Back... or to select another item in the list of messages.

I even had single-clicks intermittently not respond in the calendar, but the double-click seems to get a response right away every time.

So, before I go reinstalling the OS or wiping the messages off the Bold 9930 as BB tech support was suggesting, can someone please point me to a good source on how to properly navigate in the BES modules on the PB?

I looked around a bit but haven't spotted anything yet.

And any other comments would also be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!
    09-14-11 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD