Ok, I have my exchange email and gmail configured, how do I make it so messages defaults to my exchange instead of showing both when I launch the app?
    02-21-12 07:38 AM
    Ok, I have my exchange email and gmail configured, how do I make it so messages defaults to my exchange instead of showing both when I launch the app?
    It launches the universal inbox but you can use the icons to the left (Filter - Magnifying Glass, Accounts - Envelope with @ on it) to switch between then.
    02-21-12 07:42 AM
    It launches the universal inbox but you can use the icons to the left (Filter - Magnifying Glass, Accounts - Envelope with @ on it) to switch between then.
    ok thanks, didn't know if there was a way to set one mailbox as the default
    02-21-12 07:44 AM
    You can configure your default accounts for things like Email and Calendar (on the BB these are your CICAL and CMIME defaults). But look at the messages app the exact same way as the messages on your BB. You cant remove messages from showing there on the PB, but its a catch all. The icons allow you to filter/show only what you want to show.
    02-21-12 07:45 AM
    I have OS 2.0 installed and I am using the native email app.

I have my Outlook POP3 account configured to leave email on the server, or at least I think I do. The "Leave Email on the Server" is "ON".

But when I delete email from my Playbook it also deletes the email from the server so it never downloads to my PC. Am I doing something wrong? Meanwhile, I'll have to check the manual.
    02-28-12 12:37 PM
    I have OS 2.0 installed and I am using the native email app.

I have my Outlook POP3 account configured to leave email on the server, or at least I think I do. The "Leave Email on the Server" is "ON".

But when I delete email from my Playbook it also deletes the email from the server so it never downloads to my PC. Am I doing something wrong? Meanwhile, I'll have to check the manual.
    Been there discussed that http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-701557/ In my opinion it's broken but other believe this is the way it is supposed to act even though you can delete off the phone with an option to leave on the server and it's still there after it's deleted off the phone,
    02-28-12 01:49 PM
    Been there discussed that http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...orking-701557/ In my opinion it's broken but other believe this is the way it is supposed to act even though you can delete off the phone with an option to leave on the server and it's still there after it's deleted off the phone,
    Thanks for the link. I did look for information on this issue but I guess I didn't ask the right question in the search parameters.

The way the Blackberry handles "leaving on the server" is like having a right side drive car in a left handed drive world. My netbook, iPod Touch, and Kindle Fire all work opposite to the Playbook. I sure wish I had known that before deleting some important emails. Now I know to leave them on the Playbook and they will delete themselves after they are downloaded to my PC.
    02-28-12 03:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD