The focus has been on native e-mail, that we are losing sight of other professional grade features that are critical to people that actually use the PB professionally. RIM has to get these working first.

BlackBerry Bridge Mail and PIM's work just fine. They allow push e-mail right to a *Wi-Fi* tablet. This is awesome technology that nobody else has. Probably 95% of PB owners have BB phones. We keep talking about native E-Mail and PIM's like it's the killer feature.

However, all of this focus on "native" e-mail is distracting us from real professional features such as:

1. Autocorrect
    2. Cut and Paste within Bridge Mail.
    3. Send-to within the Browser, Pictures and File Browser
    4. Multitasking within the Browser (nice, but not a must-have)
    5. Speed improvements with Bridge
    6. Added features to Adobe and Docs to Go

These are those that are important to me, your list may vary.
    07-13-11 10:42 AM
    Native development kit.
    pkcable likes this.
    07-13-11 10:48 AM
    I think the missing PIM functions is a HUGE mistake. Everyone i shown my PB is very impressed of the HW and OS, but the missing core functions scare buyers off.
    trsbbs and howarmat like this.
    07-13-11 10:56 AM
    I think the missing PIM functions is a HUGE mistake. Everyone i shown my PB is very impressed of the HW and OS, but the missing core functions scare buyers off.
    Maybe to non-BB users. When I show my PB to BB users they are amazed that their phone PIMs are available seamlessly on the PB...it is quite the selling feature!
    07-13-11 11:02 AM
    The focus has been on native e-mail, that we are losing sight of other professional grade features that are critical to people that actually use the PB professionally. RIM has to get these working first.

BlackBerry Bridge Mail and PIM's work just fine. They allow push e-mail right to a *Wi-Fi* tablet. This is awesome technology that nobody else has. Probably 95% of PB owners have BB phones. We keep talking about native E-Mail and PIM's like it's the killer feature.

However, all of this focus on "native" e-mail is distracting us from real professional features such as:

1. Autocorrect

i agree also with excel functions. send from the pictures or videos folders and few smaller things like the omes you mentioned. those are infact more important.
    one question though, how long did it take iphone to come up with these basic functions!!? i recall it took ages..could it be rim is facing similar problems?! i mean those are obvious missing things which are huge if you use these functions constantly...very strange they are not attended to yet...what is the real reason?
    07-13-11 11:03 AM
    Maybe to non-BB users. When I how my PB to BB users they are amazed that their phone PIMs are available seamlessly on the PB...it is quite the selling feature!
    Yes, but this device has much bigger potential than only bb users.
    Some basic functions added and PB would be a big hit.
    07-13-11 11:05 AM
    To be honest, I'm not too chapped that we don't have native email either, but I'm a BB user. If RIM wants to expand their market, they'll have to cater to all those fools out there that don't use BB phones.

Autocorrect would be nice though...seriously.
    07-13-11 11:08 AM
    i agree also with excel functions. send from the pictures or videos folders and few smaller things like the omes you mentioned. those are infact more important.
    one question though, how long did it take iphone to come up with these basic functions!!? i recall it took ages..could it be rim is facing similar problems?! i mean those are obvious missing things which are huge if you use these functions constantly...very strange they are not attended to yet...what is the real reason?
    I agree with the initial list posted and can add others. Whether or not apple took time to develop those functions is no longer the issue in my opinion. Those features are now available and rim is competing with them. How long till they are provided? Is that too long? I am getting antsy. (and since there is a "stop the whining" thread right after this, so are others since someone does not want us whining). Fix the issues soon or the whining will stop - there will be no one caring about the pb!

I've decided to add others - no find on a webpage, no home on a webpage. No search in a pdf. How basic do things have to be before rim realizes things are missing and necessary.
    Last edited by F2; 07-13-11 at 05:45 PM.
    07-13-11 11:47 AM
    T

The Sheet to go is so disappointing. I seldom use it as most of my Excel files require a 24+ inch screen, but the other day I was showing someone a mortgage calculation and the file was ready-only. It turned out that Sheets to do does NOT support the function IPMT() (while it does support PMT()).
    07-13-11 01:07 PM
    The Sheet to go is so disappointing. I seldom use it as most of my Excel files require a 24+ inch screen, but the other day I was showing someone a mortgage calculation and the file was ready-only. It turned out that Sheets to do does NOT support the function IPMT() (while it does support PMT()).
    It's things like this that are critical for those of us that use our PBs for professional purposes. Don't get me wrong, I like to play the odd game or watch the odd YouTube video, but it's the lack of some basic business features that drives me nuts.

Not being able to cut and paste within Bridge Mail drives me nuts, as does the lack of autocorrect and spell check.

Alas, I'm sure these features will come.... but I *really* did think they would be here within 30 days of launch. I thought the PB was launched a *little bit* unfinished, not this much.
    07-13-11 01:14 PM
    just to note you do have push email on all android, iOS and i think even webos tablets also. Since they DO have native email

But i agree with most of the points you make. There is alot more and probably more important features missing from the PB at this time.
    07-13-11 03:38 PM
    Be nice to get the Android Apps and BlackBerry Apps Players released too, to foster app development. Raise your hand if you clicked on App World, saw the one or two new apps and said, not another <insert name of useless app here>!
    tstrike34 and OniBerry like this.
    07-13-11 03:49 PM
    I find myself wanting summer to end
    Wait a minute; dosen't feel like summer anyway, be gone.
    Last edited by Dapper37; 07-13-11 at 04:02 PM.
    07-13-11 04:00 PM

1. Autocorrect

I think I've stated that many times, i rather have the auto-correct, just give me that on the next update, improvements with docs and adobe, and the ability to modify my pictures. i got a browser for email, i'm good
    07-13-11 04:33 PM
    Be nice to get the Android Apps and BlackBerry Apps Players released too, to foster app development. Raise your hand if you clicked on App World, saw the one or two new apps and said, not another <insert name of useless app here>!
    *raises hand* While I do agree that the "full web experience" renders a lot of apps unnecessary, I can't deny that the prospect of new, well-designed apps always tends to give me that kid-at-Christmas feeling, and I open App World at least ten times a day hoping that a new gem is available for download. Often I can't even tell you what I'm looking for, I just want something.
    07-13-11 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD