Looking forward to seeing great things in 2013 for BlackBerry. This would be awesome as I bought a PlayBook for a family member for Christmas and BBM would be great addition
    12-23-12 10:57 PM
    Be patient and c what will get next month go playbook!
    12-23-12 11:55 PM
    That image, is that Chinese Language support on the Playbook? Maybe?
    12-24-12 12:10 AM
    That image, is that Chinese Language support on the Playbook? Maybe?
    Yeah so why is BBM in English? Looks like someone's been busy with photoshop.
    12-24-12 12:40 AM
    if this is true, there is no way native bbm will come in the old bbos format since bb10 is around the corner. that means that with native bbm, they will also be providing the bb10 update for the playbook.

so im not hopefull for a 'within the next month' release. unless its released on jan 30th... and insce the platform is officially being unveiled with release of the smartphone shortly after, i dont see that happening.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 02:02 AM
    BBM has been testing internally for the Playbook for a while now. It should be coming soon but don't expect BlackBerry10 with it.

BlackBerry10, that will come later.
    Attached Thumbnails Native bbm for Playbook confirmed for all models,  with voice & video chat-img_00000139.jpg  
    Sansu94, bungaboy, rexrim and 1 others like this.
    12-24-12 02:29 AM
    Can't wait... The PB just keeps getting better and better.
    12-24-12 05:48 AM
    BBM has been testing internally for the Playbook for a while now. It should be coming soon but don't expect BlackBerry10 with it.
    BlackBerry10, that will come later.
    I call BS on this. I'm delighted to be proven wrong, but it doesn't make any sense to me that RIM would waste resources on an AIR-based BBM for PlayBook, then turn around and do a cascades, BB10 version later. The staff is half the size that it used to be and they all have enough to do already.
    GV2012 likes this.
    12-24-12 07:33 AM
    The pic from the BB.in suggests a native bbm app for OS2.1... Everything else looks the same
    12-24-12 08:18 AM
    I love it when the terms rumoured come into play. This opens everyone to post that they "heard" from someone that..."insert rumour here"

I don't see BB10 launching on PB before BB launches...or anything else for that matter. Blaze has it bang on here.

What's happened in the past is someone posts a rumour that they've fabricated...gets the Crackberry universe all up in arms and when the "rumoured" date passes and nothing happens, its RIMs fault and RIM sucks and is going to die...then another rumour is posted...repeat...

Thanks Blaze for bringing a little reality
    12-24-12 08:40 AM
    We all really knew this anyway when Frank Boulbon said it was coming along with BBM being tied to BBID instead of a pin along with the leaked bug reporter app in the 2.1 beta that showed BBM native for PlayBook was live internally along with an app called navigator. Lol but this is still awesome news. Btw this will be a paid subscription for those without a BlackBerry phone. Juat a FYI

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    What makes you think it will be a paid service? That will suck if you're right. I've got 3 kids with PlayBooks eagerly waiting for BBM, but if I've got to pay......
    12-24-12 11:16 AM
    What makes you think it will be a paid service? That will suck if you're right. I've got 3 kids with PlayBooks eagerly waiting for BBM, but if I've got to pay......
    read the whole thing,,," those WITHOUT a blackberry phone...",,, which is the way it should be...
    12-24-12 12:59 PM
    I call BS on this. I'm delighted to be proven wrong, but it doesn't make any sense to me that RIM would waste resources on an AIR-based BBM for PlayBook, then turn around and do a cascades, BB10 version later. The staff is half the size that it used to be and they all have enough to do already.
    It's called fixing your mistakes.
    SEAWARRIOR and BB_Bmore like this.
    12-24-12 03:39 PM
    I'd be very surprised to see how they handle multiple pins under one BBID. For example, a 9900 and a PlayBook. Both of them have their own unique pin so would the BBID be able to recognize both devices and have chats synced between both (or more) devices???
    Well, don't be. We already know how that works. If you have two PlayBooks under the same BBID and you call that ID, both devices will ring. But only one will be able to pick up the call.
    12-24-12 05:28 PM
    Well, don't be. We already know how that works. If you have two PlayBooks under the same BBID and you call that ID, both devices will ring. But only one will be able to pick up the call.
    Okay cool. That's awesome then.

Sent from an Unkown Device using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 05:30 PM
    OMG , Cant Wait , but it will be better for 3G + Version of Playbook
    12-24-12 05:48 PM
    this is good speculation hope the confirmation is true also....
    12-24-12 06:37 PM
    Because from the jump it was planned to be downloaded onto PlayBook with a license key involved,usually a license key indicates there is some kind of payment involved. BBM is considered a service from RIM and RIM's services have never been free as far as i know.
    Take a look at this photo from the early PlayBook marketing days...what do you see?Native bbm for Playbook confirmed for all models,  with voice & video chat-twitter-baltimorebred-bbm-playbook-do-you-see-what-....png
    12-24-12 07:46 PM
    Call bs all you want. Fact is thats a screenshot of the internal bug reporter app (that is still connected to Rims server-it works) and clearly it shows native BBM
    12-24-12 08:57 PM
    Because from the jump it was planned to be downloaded onto PlayBook with a license key involved,usually a license key indicates there is some kind of payment involved. BBM is considered a service from RIM and RIM's services have never been free as far as i know.

Take a look at this photo from the early PlayBook marketing days...what do you see?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twitter - baltimorebred- #BBM #PlayBook do you see what ....png 
Views:	222 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	129432
    do you see what i see??? (christmas tune appropriate) i see an uninstall button,,, that's what i'll be doin' if we gotta pay... ;-)
    owadkelly likes this.
    12-24-12 09:00 PM
    do you see what i see??? (christmas tune appropriate) i see an uninstall button,,, that's what i'll be doin' if we gotta pay... ;-)
    Well if you look a little closer you will see "license key" and a number sequence following. Like I said with BBM now tied to BBID those with a BlackBerry phone/bis data plan will most likely be able to download to PlayBook with no extra charges. Those without on the other hand will likely need to pay for the service.

SEAWARRIOR and goku_vegeta like this.
    12-24-12 09:08 PM
    Well if you look a little closer you will see "license key" and a number sequence following. Like I said with BBM now tied to BBID those with a BlackBerry phone/bis data plan will most likely be able to download to PlayBook with no extra charges. Those without on the other hand will likely need to pay for the service.

yeah, i saw that,,, just havin' fun,,, i'm pretty much in the, "non-bb/pb ppl should pay" camp,,, but they gotta make it so awesome that they'll want to,,, i was excited to hear it may come to pb w/ voice/vid,,, i don't know anyone i could use it w/ but it opens lots of possibilities for those that do & for Rim to get behind the pb that way is very cool...
    12-26-12 01:21 AM
    Same way as Video Chat can connect to RIM's servers... It was coded to work without a BIS plan.
    So if the rumors are true does that mean that owners of PB do not have to buy a data plan?
    01-01-13 01:02 AM

Take a look at this photo from the early PlayBook marketing days...what do you see?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twitter - baltimorebred- #BBM #PlayBook do you see what ....png 
Views:	222 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	129432
    I also see a Whatsapp logo. How was this gonna be possible without a SIM model? Was porting Android apps possible with 1.0? If not, this pic means nothing other than a little fraud(if it was ever an official RIM photo).
    01-01-13 04:32 PM
    I also see a Whatsapp logo. How was this gonna be possible without a SIM model? Was porting Android apps possible with 1.0? If not, this pic means nothing other than a little fraud(if it was ever an official RIM photo).
    I can't comment on how whatsapp was gonna work other than they had plans to launch a cellular PlayBook way before it actually got released. I believe it was Sprint initially
    I can however comment on the photo that it IS/WAS indeed from RIM and I'm sure many other early adopters would concur.
    01-01-13 08:40 PM
57 123