12-23-12 04:46 AM
    Yeah baby!!!!!
    #BB10BELIEVE
    12-23-12 05:47 AM
    That'll be a nice addition.
    12-23-12 06:34 AM
    its looking good
    12-23-12 06:41 AM
    The article mentions an update "next month"...does the writer know something all of us don't know? Because if so, ROLL ON OS10 NEXT MONTH
    carlyincanada likes this.
    12-23-12 07:22 AM
    How about an image of Bridge BBM just for comparison? I'd provide one, but my unit is still RMAing...
    12-23-12 07:47 AM
    That'll be a nice addition.
    Not a nice addition, but an AWESOME addition to the PB!!! GO BB10!!!!
    Lendo and jesse_h like this.
    12-23-12 08:13 AM
    Not a nice addition, but an AWESOME addition to the PB!!! GO BB10!!!!
    I stand corrected :P
    jesse_h likes this.
    12-23-12 08:39 AM
    The article mentions an update "next month"...does the writer know something all of us don't know? Because if so, ROLL ON OS10 NEXT MONTH
    Perhaps an update will be announced on January 30th....., to drop on the 31st.
    citystars41 and anon(823957) like this.
    12-23-12 08:49 AM
    That's amazing news! Can't wait!
    12-23-12 09:28 AM
    Awesome...if the rumour's true !!
    12-23-12 11:13 AM
    Hopefully they fix using one blackberry ID to be able to chat with users on the same account via PIN. I have 4 playbooks that all share the Blackberry ID. Otherwise this will be a problem for many users that share an account.
    loftylewis likes this.
    12-23-12 12:35 PM
    Perhaps an update will be announced on January 30th....., to drop on the 31st.
    Thats exactly what I believe. BB10 on Playbook on jan 30. Plus BBM on wifi. The Playbook just keeps getting better.
    12-23-12 12:46 PM
    This is awesome news. RIM has the best legacy device support.
    12-23-12 01:52 PM
    Nice but a bit confused how it will be useful on my wifi only model

Sent from the awesome Sony xperia S
    12-23-12 02:01 PM
    I saw the story posted on Berry Review BlackBerry 10 and Native BlackBerry Messenger Coming to PlayBook Soon? - BerryReview and as much as I really want to believe that this will occur, I can't help but remain someone skeptical of it. What I'm particularly interested in is the comment from the author of the story on BerryReview that said, "This would coincide with a rumour I heard a couple weeks ago from an insider, that RIM was going to release BlackBerry 10 on the PlayBook two weeks before the BlackBerry 10 phone launch as a marketing strategy."

I really hope that this happens - but when it comes to the Playbook, it is really hard not to be skeptical.
    Knightcrawler and T-Raww like this.
    12-23-12 02:19 PM
    Ohh BBM on Playbook its exciting i never used bbm or bbphones i think 2013 is going to be an amazing year for us...
    #BB10Believe
    12-23-12 02:34 PM

Connect it to Wifi and you'll have BBM :P
    00stryder likes this.
    12-23-12 02:52 PM

Same way as Video Chat can connect to RIM's servers... It was coded to work without a BIS plan.
    spike12 likes this.
    12-23-12 03:29 PM
    I saw the story posted on Berry Review BlackBerry 10 and Native BlackBerry Messenger Coming to PlayBook Soon? - BerryReview and as much as I really want to believe that this will occur, I can't help but remain someone skeptical of it. What I'm particularly interested in is the comment from the author of the story on BerryReview that said, "This would coincide with a rumour I heard a couple weeks ago from an insider, that RIM was going to release BlackBerry 10 on the PlayBook two weeks before the BlackBerry 10 phone launch as a marketing strategy."

I really hope that this happens - but when it comes to the Playbook, it is really hard not to be skeptical.
    I also remain a bit skeptical. But mostly because if it were true it wouldn't be buried in these forums, it would be more prominent. It's definetly news I eagerly await with 3 wifi PlayBooks in my house.
    12-23-12 04:15 PM
    I'm a bit sceptical because if BBM is coming with BB10 to PB, then why does the UI look exactly the same as PBOS2? I know for UX reasons it won't be identical but I'm certain it would look different from how it does now. They might release an update for PB allowing BBM to work when BB10 phones launch, but that doesn't look like BB10 on the PB yet..
    T-Raww likes this.
    12-23-12 07:22 PM
    "rumored" and "confirmed" .. Oh my.

The PlayBook already has video chat and BBM Voice is only logical evolution. So alas, the only "news" here is that Native BBM may finally be coming... you know...as has been rumored for many, many, many moons now. Sorry, not trying to rain on anyone's parade but come on now. There is so much double talk in all that info. "Rumored", "Confirmed", "Supposedly", "According to sources".

And to top it all off, images that have clearly had their watermark scrubbed and a source point that doesn't even reference any of this supposedly rumored, comfirmed information. Not trying to take anything from BBIn, they're good people but I prefer to see something more solid then a bunch of scrubbed images and second hand info -- you should too.

If anything comes out of this around the January 30th time frame, it will be a beta for PlayBooks and not a mass roll out. As it stands right now, I find it REAL hard to believe RIM has spent any vast amounts of resource time on the PlayBook. As of only a few weeks ago, they were still testing 2.1 builds and correcting those bugs. Realistically, it could even only be BBM on PlayBook beta and not a full BlackBerry 10 on PlayBook beta, just to keep in line with the phones somewhat. Delta updates would allow for JUST the BBM portion to be updated and bring a native solution with BBM Voice integrated.

I guess what I'm trying to say is.. Don't set yourselves up for some self-induced let down based on this small piece of very fragmented info. It will leave you bitter.

*sigh*
    12-23-12 08:23 PM
    I'd be very surprised to see how they handle multiple pins under one BBID. For example, a 9900 and a PlayBook. Both of them have their own unique pin so would the BBID be able to recognize both devices and have chats synced between both (or more) devices???
    12-23-12 09:11 PM
    We all really knew this anyway when Frank Boulbon said it was coming along with BBM being tied to BBID instead of a pin along with the leaked bug reporter app in the 2.1 beta that showed BBM native for PlayBook was live internally along with an app called navigator. Lol but this is still awesome news. Btw this will be a paid subscription for those without a BlackBerry phone. Juat a FYI

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    just_luc likes this.
    12-23-12 09:16 PM
    that,,, would,,, be,,, AWE-SOME!!! if this turns out to be true, i would gladly eat my words spouted in other posts as will most others,,, even if i don't know anyone else w/ bb's, it adds a whole new realm of possibilities & shows a great deal of support from Rim,,, this would be a great big giant thank kiss you to its' both casual & fanatical customer base & would surely get the attention of the rest of the free world,,, there may be alot of,"man, i shoulda" that turn into ,"man, i'm gonna" & the group i'm paricularly fond of,"man, i'm glad i did",,, PlayBook = FTW!!!
    12-23-12 09:53 PM
57 123