I have been using the Playbook Post app for the last several years and suddenly it can't connect to the server. I tried reinstalling but same error. Am I Sadly Out of Luck (SOL) Thanks
    10-13-14 06:48 AM
    Sadly, it is not just yours. I am loathe to say I think I will have to read the globe news before turning out the lights. I do hope this is only temporary...
    10-13-14 06:25 PM
    Probably all part of Post Media's push to monetize everything. They are buying Sun Media papers and have to pay for this somehow.

Edit:. The National Post app has been removed from the BlackBerry store as has the Ottawa Citizen app. Neither app works now. The long slow decline to irrelevance of this abandoned device continues.
    Last edited by Enyigma; 10-15-14 at 05:09 AM.
    10-14-14 09:24 AM
    Your reference to the Coleco Adam made me long for the whizzing of the tape drive with Maxell cassette tapes. Now where did I put my 1541 and 4040 drive for the C64?
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-14-14 11:51 PM
    Noticed the same thing. I use my playbook as my morning news reader so it's disappointing.

Ended up sideloading the Android version from good e reader. It works, though it's a bit slower and is only in portrait mode.
    10-22-14 06:26 AM
    Google News
    Free, customizable and works just fine on the playbook. Yes, not quite the same as the newspaper apps, but pretty good.
    10-22-14 11:53 AM
    Based on this post, there's another way to get news:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo.../#post11007290

It's an RSS feeder which connects to a feedly account. You can set it up to feed National Post, CBC, Globe and Mail, etc. Pretty handy interface and has an offline mode if you want to just wake up, head out the door and then browse through a few things. I just started using today, so haven't stress tested it or fully set up feeds, but it's a pretty decent app, available in Blackberry World.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    10-24-14 07:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD