This was probably discussed a lot when the PB first came out...but now that a whole lot more of these awesome devices are around, what do you think of the name PlayBook? I find myself referring to it as my BlackBerry Tablet when I'm at work...but my PlayBook when at home. I don't know if PB is 'catchy' enough.
    01-26-12 07:56 PM
    I taught my niece and nephew to say it right because I do have an iPad around the house too. Every time they get the name right, I let them play with it.
    01-26-12 08:12 PM
    ya when I talk about my PB to some of my friends I have to say Blackberry Tablet otherwise they wont know what it is (Playbook).

I was just thinking that RIM should of named it Workbook since RIM focuses mostly on developing work related stuff for the Playbook
    01-26-12 08:13 PM
    I call it a Playbook. If they don't know what that is then they will when I'm done. No matter what the name is if they don't follow tech they wouldn't know what the name is no matter what they call it.

Say the name so they can learn it.

James
    BuzzStarField likes this.
    01-26-12 08:21 PM
    If you watched any NFL football this season, you probably saw the Bud Light ads that said "Get out your PlayBook now...". I always laugh cuz I've already got it out.

It could be worse, they could have called it the XyBoard...

Does a rose by any other name not smell as sweet?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 08:22 PM
    To me I think the name's perfect.
    I use my phone for social,work,smart apps and the
    Playbook well for fun fun and more fun.
    Heck there's worst names could of been
    called the Blackberry
    Sting 1030
    Secured book 1085
    Berrybook 1010
    and so on
    01-26-12 08:31 PM
    I taught my niece and nephew to say it right because I do have an iPad around the house too. Every time they get the name right, I let them play with it.
    lol I do the same thing with my daughter! lol we have an ipad around but I will not let her disrespect the playbook! lol
    01-26-12 08:31 PM
    ya when I talk about my PB to some of my friends I have to say Blackberry Tablet otherwise they wont know what it is (Playbook).

I was just thinking that RIM should of named it Workbook since RIM focuses mostly on developing work related stuff for the Playbook
    Workbook? Now that would have been a disaster...

So, you know those notebooks coaches use to take notes, plan strategies, team formations, match comments, performance statistics and all the jazz? They are called Playbooks.

It makes sense, even if the name itself is not easy to understand worldwide.
    Flexin likes this.
    01-26-12 08:49 PM
    I think its a great name, and im glad they didnt include a 4 digit number after it like 9939 or something ********. I think that is the worst part of BB phone names. I cant even keep track of which one is which now
    01-26-12 08:51 PM
    yeah i love the playbook term too sounds kinda naughty and playful which i love
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    01-26-12 09:46 PM
    Well, they meant the word "play" not as in fun and games sort of play, but as in the "look at the ticker, JT, that company is in play" sense. You know, that's what they meant.
    01-26-12 09:50 PM
    I like the name, and I don't care what people call it as long as they don't call it an iPad (some people...)

I refer to mine as "My Game"
    01-26-12 10:02 PM
    I like the name, and I don't care what people call it as long as they don't call it an iPad (some people...)

I refer to mine as "My Game"
    Yes. Just don't call it "discontinued."
    hpjrt likes this.
    01-26-12 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD