So, its been 3x now that the same movie file (4GB) in size, has randomly disappeared from the videos folder on my device. Im not sure why this is happening.
    I can find no apparent pattern other than it seems to happen when I use the thing alot.
    Its a 16GB PB and it still has like 4-5GB free when I load that file on it.
    No other files have gone randomly missing.
    Its really strange...

any ideas?
    05-03-12 03:24 PM
    Not sure what the file system is or if it has anything to do with your problem, but I know I can't save files bigger than 4gb on my micro sd card, because it's a FAT32 file system, and that's the max.
    05-03-12 03:32 PM
    Not sure what the file system is or if it has anything to do with your problem, but I know I can't save files bigger than 4gb on my micro sd card, because it's a FAT32 file system, and that's the max.
    Shouldnt be the problem. there is no uSD card that can be used w/ PB ..
    I would think its filesystem for sure is not FAT32, prolly ext3/4 or something... or if QNX uses its own filesystem...either way should be advanced way beyond a 4GB filesize limit =P
    05-03-12 03:37 PM
    I've had a problem when syncing via DM as I add videos it "kicks" other videos out of the folder with plenty of space still available and this with no warning. Took a couple of times before I realized what was going on.
    05-03-12 03:39 PM
    I had something similar when I first upgraded to OS2. It was an .mkv movie which played just fine but for whatever reason it would randomly delete itself at times. I finally just re-transferred the file when I was going to watch it.

I never figured out what happened but it also hasn't happened since.
    05-03-12 03:40 PM
    I had something similar when I first upgraded to OS2. It was an .mkv movie which played just fine but for whatever reason it would randomly delete itself at times. I finally just re-transferred the file when I was going to watch it.

I never figured out what happened but it also hasn't happened since.
    LOL, same situation here...its a .mkv file. Happened 3x on same file now .. LOL...its so weird.
    I would transfer file then watch but its a gamble whether the file will be there when I get to my friends house to actualy watch it .. rofl.
    05-03-12 03:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD