Wierd thing I've noticed on my PB. Right in the center of the screen, mostly appearing against a darker colored background is what looks to be like a finger swipe smudge about 2" long, horizontal when holding the PB landscape. But it's not a smudge, it's permanent and slightly darker than the swipe smudges around it, and it also only seems to be visible sometimes, which leads me to believe it's related to the temp of the CPU in the center of the PB.

Then I saw a friend's PB last night and lo and behold, same thing! Is this a known little quirk? It's completely hidden when you're actually surfing the web or watching videos etc, but those few occasions like on a screen pause or whatever, you do briefly notice it.
    01-17-12 08:07 AM
    It might be the case you're using. I stopped using the case that has the groove on the front flap for standing-up the playbook as it rubbed on the screen and left a mark

I'm now using the BB sleeve
    omniusovermind likes this.
    01-17-12 08:41 AM
    It might be the case you're using. I stopped using the case that has the groove on the front flap for standing-up the playbook as it rubbed on the screen and left a mark

I'm now using the BB sleeve
    lol that's so obvious I missed it! thanks for pointing that out, I was worried it might be a unit defect
    Now that I know it's simply a smudge mark left by the case rather than damaging the unit, I'm ok with that. thanks again!
    01-17-12 08:52 AM
    yeah same thing with mine do you two have screen protectors on? Because i'm hoping it's just my screen protector that is discolouring from the convertible case.

I'm actually really dissapointed with this case tbh. And not just for the discolouring on the screen.
    01-17-12 08:55 AM
    Mine had a spot under the screen protector that was brownish there (probably didn't clean good enough before applying the protector. I finally pulled off the Zag and the brown spot was gone but that area is still always not smudged. Probably the convertible case. Will go with Ghost Armor next go around and clean the screen very well before applying.
    01-17-12 08:58 AM
    yeah same thing with mine do you two have screen protectors on? Because i'm hoping it's just my screen protector that is discolouring from the convertible case.

I'm actually really dissapointed with this case tbh. And not just for the discolouring on the screen.
    no I swore of screen protectors. My phone's gorilla glass has never failed me in 10 months and numerous drops/scrapes, and I won't be dropping my PB any more than I dropped my laptops/netbooks that I've owned. The reason I'm against them is that I discovered even the top end brands were causing problems as they aged to the responsiveness of touch screens. As for RIM's official case, it won't actually do any damage to your PB, it will just cause a smudge you'll see on very dark screens between cleanings. Unless of course you're applying pressure to the PB while in the case, which you shouldn't be doing anyway.
    01-17-12 09:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD