I'm a 9810 owner, but for navigation I use my Blonde Hair and my Red Caddy.... for some reason everyone gets outta my way! ..

Not grandfathered on a data plan and don't pay ATT any more than I have to to use the phone. but then I don't use the BB+PB combo bridged much for internet, as I use the wifi here at home.

I use my Garmin for traveling.

Now I have been thinking of going a step up in the data plan for BB, but haven't done it yet, as it erks me to shell out as much as I do now, even thou I have the lowest data plan available.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 12-29-11 at 07:24 AM.
    cleveland216 and andy957 like this.
    12-29-11 07:17 AM
    thanks. But I'm a HEAVY USER of Bridge! I listen to streaming on the way to work and forget to turn it off when I get to the office- since I have unlimited data and don't care about data usage.

Don't get me wrong, if I have to I will operate within atts data limits if necessary, I will record all streams thru streamripper for a few days straight then transfer the music to the phone or the PB. But having he Bridge readily available to me has been a luxury
    12-29-11 07:24 AM
    I am not sure if this is a fair comparison but I used to have the 9800. I found the keyboard too firm for my liking. And a little bit squashed!
    Whereas now, I have the 9900 and for me it is just perfect! Everyone comments on the keyboard (even those who adore virtual keyboards) admit this is better! I don't find the screen too small at all.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-29-11 07:27 AM
    I won't be going on a long trip again till September, and that's probably when I will get the next step up in the data plan, so I can bridge with the PB when I'm at my bro's house in Colorado. He lives out on a ranch with no wifi.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-29-11 07:27 AM
    I have being rocking the 9010 for 3 months now and have never looked back. The bigger screen on the 9810 is nice for watching video in landscape mode which you can't do on the 9930. It also has the full keyboard (which I rarely use as the virtual keypad is amazing) Some friends a family members have the 9900 and say they would get the 9810 if they could go back in time. The 9810's camera is amazing for a phone.

As for navigation I am using BB Traffic (free in app word) and love it. It does require that you also download Google Maps (also free in app world)

As a lot of people have said in numerous blogs and reviews the 9810 seems to be the top of the food chain for the current BB offerings right now as they have had far less issues with bricking etc. then the 9930 and in general have better battery life.
    12-29-11 07:28 AM
    Thank you all. After more reading I'm back to my original choices: 9930 or 9810

Since Sling is not a possibility now, maybe this might be the difference maker..
    I currently have navigation on my Sprint plan. Data is also unlimited (although it's only 2G). I can't imagine shelling out additional fee for navigation. I also can't imagine signing up for AT&Ts 9810 for only 2GB. I will blow thru that at 4G.

For you 9810 owners, what do you do for navigation? Pay the addition AT&T fee or use another nav app? Also, are you all grandfathered into unlimited plans or pay addl. fees for more data?

?????

And when I'm done with this I'm giving out Thanks and Likes like Christmas presents to all of you
    I've got the old BB personal on ATT, which is unlimited. I use a combination of
    Bing maps (very accurate traffic), Google maps (very fast directions), & BB
    maps (very fluid swipes) with BB Traffic. All are fast fast, some better at certain things than others. I have never used ATT Nav, ever.

It's the price point that makes the difference, dude! FREE...

And with your PB32 bridged to your 9810, yes you will munch down that 2gb quickly.
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-29-11 07:28 AM
    yeah i was not impressed by the battery life nor RIMs decision to use such a small battery/make the phone thinner.
    12-29-11 07:33 AM
    Don't make me bring my 9810er friends into this thread. Hubermania - where you at? This guy is on the fence!
    jafobabe and cleveland216 like this.
    12-29-11 07:34 AM
    i have a 9810 with grandfathered unl data bridged with rroyy's ota bridge. i could get by with a 2GB data plan bet ehh I will keep my unl just in case For nav when I need it I use bb maps def dont pay for att nav :/ u have 30 days bre with att so if u absolutely hated the 9810 which I doubt
    cleveland216 likes this.
    12-29-11 07:37 AM
    Don't make me bring my 9810er friends into this thread. Hubermania - where you at? This guy is on the fence!
    hahaha, for sure.

but admit one thing, the 9930 is one beautiful piece of work from RIM!! Man I hated taking it back, but I did it for a reason which I stated before.

Stick with Sprint with a supa-sexy 9930 with unlimited data and horrid battery life, or goto AT&T and get the well rounded 9810 on 4G speeds with a data plan that will last 3 weeks??

hmmmm
    12-29-11 07:47 AM
    9860. Not sure if the 9810 is bb6 only, but bb7, imo, is a lot faster. I upgraded from the 9810.
    How is it that you claim you upgraded from the 9810, yet don't know it runs BB7?
    12-29-11 08:59 AM
    After 3 pages you still haven't made up your mind??? Just go get the 9810 will ya? the suspense is driving me CRAZY already LOL ..
    jcbrunson and Willard814 like this.
    12-29-11 09:00 AM
    Flip a coin. Both are awesome!
    12-29-11 09:09 AM
    Hubermania will convince you to move over to Tmo and pick up the 9810. He's a UMA fanatic. Save money, get da Torch!
    12-29-11 09:15 AM
    After 3 pages you still haven't made up your mind??? Just go get the 9810 will ya? the suspense is driving me CRAZY already LOL ..
    I'm making a big deal of this aren't I???

I did the math, currently spending $88/mo with 8330 shared with wife's phone. Enjoying unlimited but very slow Bridge
    Sticking with Sprint keeps me unlimited but with poor battery and an expensive phone (9930). And I have been with Sprint for about a decade. Just like I'm loyal to Blackberry I'm pretty loyal to Sprint. My bill would become $111/mo
    On the other hand I really like the dimensions of the Torch, not far from my current Curve. Data is not unlimited, but speed is 4G. Screen is bigger and battery life is better. Monthly bill will be $100 plus texting.

You 9810ers came strong! Congrats, I will be getting a 9810

with mixed feelings though as you might understand. Hopefully once I get it hand the experience will make me forget what I'm missing from a 9930 on my good ol pal Sprint. I might even use the leftover cash for another PB
    jcbrunson and jafobabe like this.
    12-29-11 09:40 AM
    Another convert! We are racking them up! Make sure to subscribe to the 9810 forum.
    Willard814 likes this.
    12-29-11 09:54 AM
    that's the one to get hands down!!!
    12-29-11 09:57 AM
    can't wait to get my 9810! My contract is up on Monday.

See you all then and THANKS
    12-29-11 10:25 AM
    In a STUNNING TURN OF EVENTS, (drumroll)... I chose the 9930!!

yeah I know, booo for me. Many many factors came into play, but I guess the main reason is that I'm a loyal Sprint customer/Blackberry user with high hopes that both companies can remain/become competitive. I consider this my drop in each company's bucket.

Besides, I have an iPad I no longer use and I know what it feels like worrying about how much data I was using on AT&T, going over the 2GB frequently and having to renew prematurely. I have to stick with Sprint because they're the only ones offering unlimited. THIS apparently was very important to me in the end.

So..
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND I LOVE CRACKBERRY BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU!!!

Ok, now that THAT's over time to hunt for a holster and 32GB card
    sir.dangerfield likes this.
    12-29-11 05:58 PM
    I was just getting ready to start a group chant of

JUMP JUMP JUMP JUMP.............

Now, rather I can ask - How's the water? (oh, wait, as I recall, the water is the Cuyahoga River and it caught fire)
    Last edited by F2; 12-29-11 at 06:35 PM.
    Ingo77 likes this.
    12-29-11 06:33 PM
    the water's fine

Proudly posted from my PB32 Bridged on Sprint 3G network in Cleveland, OH
    12-29-11 07:03 PM
    In a STUNNING TURN OF EVENTS, (drumroll)... I chose the 9930!!

yeah I know, booo for me. Many many factors came into play, but I guess the main reason is that I'm a loyal Sprint customer/Blackberry user with high hopes that both companies can remain/become competitive. I consider this my drop in each company's bucket.

Besides, I have an iPad I no longer use and I know what it feels like worrying about how much data I was using on AT&T, going over the 2GB frequently and having to renew prematurely. I have to stick with Sprint because they're the only ones offering unlimited. THIS apparently was very important to me in the end.

So..
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR TIME AND I LOVE CRACKBERRY BECAUSE OF ALL OF YOU!!!

Ok, now that THAT's over time to hunt for a holster and 32GB card
    Booooooooo! You say love - is this what love feels like? A dagger in the back?

Jus jokin. Enjoy yer pick with the unlimited data, which makes a difference. No thanks to ATT for the crappy plans now.
    12-29-11 08:51 PM
    Agreed... AT&T have awful plans
    12-29-11 08:56 PM
    yeah i was not impressed by the battery life nor RIMs decision to use such a small battery/make the phone thinner.
    try the 9790, it's the best BB, battery life excellent.
    12-29-11 09:09 PM
    try the 9790, it's the best BB, battery life excellent.
    You missed it, it was awesome! I picked the 9930!! on Sprint!!
    ok just kidding with all the exclamations and all
    12-29-11 10:04 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD