Keep getting reconnect messages ,, try again ,,do I just have a defective unit ? have played with the settings and am using wpa2 encryption if it matters
    04-24-11 01:38 AM
    Have you tried going into the setup app/icon on the main page of apps? Then go to the wifi icon and set up your wifi that way. I worked for me after the other way kept giving me error messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-11 02:04 AM
    my wifi is excellent. Check ur settings.
    04-24-11 04:36 AM
    ...Sorry I mis-read the title of the post...

Didn't know whether it was spousal abuse or boasting...

Apologies again.
    04-24-11 06:21 AM
    As noted in a couple of other threads, it could be your router (that was my problem). Find a friend who has a different routher than you, go there, and try out your Playbook. If it works ok, get a new router.
    04-24-11 10:21 AM
    My situation improved a lot after I changed the channel on my router. Worth a shot maybe.
    04-24-11 12:08 PM
    the router at work and the dlink i bought for the place i stay during the week work great. the sucky trendnet router, which i've had plenty of trouble with does not work well with playbook. ( or anything else for that matter ) really miss my dlink gaming router . never had any trouble with it... until a thunder storm. oops...

i really need a new router for at home or get a new power supply for my old dlink. so Anyway, it really does depend heavily on your router.
    04-24-11 12:26 PM
    anyone know what the best type of router in terms of range and speed? i seem to be having this issue as well and thinking of getting a new one.
    04-24-11 12:42 PM
    Is there a router compatibility list? Could be helpful.
    why should there be? it should work with any modern router properly set up and with recent firmware.
    04-24-11 01:49 PM
    why should there be? it should work with any modern router properly set up and with recent firmware.
    You can go to any computer manufacturers support forums and you'll find people having problems connecting to their router. Some people will just have issues. One of the problems with a brand new first gen device is that there is no knowledge base for people to refer to when having a problem. So instead of trying things like a reset of their router or playing around with settings, people jump to conclusions that the device is defective and they should get a new one; maybe they just return it and post on message boards about how much the product sucks.
    04-24-11 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD