Problem bridging for the first time between Z10 and playbook. Have to delete both and restart both devices.
    09-12-13 06:42 PM
    After the recent update, my browser is still slower than the second coming of Christ.
    Yeah, well my facebook is checker boarding all over the place, but my Rogers TV Program guide also isn't working on my TV, so go figure
    09-12-13 06:56 PM
    I finally updated this afternoon, and nothing new, no browser speed improvement. Nothing to see here keep it moving folks......kinda disappointed
    09-12-13 07:59 PM
    well now the popup windows on streaming sites have gone nuts for me. I knew this was bullchit when the leak was announced.

There should be a way to opt out of the update and dismiss the notifications.

Rimberry you suck
    09-12-13 08:23 PM
    I ran the update, hoping that functions like opening links in twitter will work, and that watching videos will not freeze on me.
    I use my PB mostly for procrasternetting, trying to watch videos or stream tv shows, wish it was easier to write much longer pieces than an email - better keyboarding and copy/paste.
    I have some android apps loaded, and I should load more.
    It would be great to have BBM again!
    09-12-13 08:31 PM
    I ran the update, hoping that functions like opening links in twitter will work, and that watching videos will not freeze on me.
    I use my PB mostly for procrasternetting, trying to watch videos or stream tv shows, wish it was easier to write much longer pieces than an email - better keyboarding and copy/paste.
    I have some android apps loaded, and I should load more.
    It would be great to have BBM again!
    Wait - what? I thought the flash update was supposed to make streaming better ??!
    09-12-13 09:05 PM
    All I've noticed is it seems that I can't open the calendar anymore. It just sits there with a black screen, the little spiraling loading arrow frozen in time.
    09-14-13 05:19 AM
    All I've noticed is it seems that I can't open the calendar anymore. It just sits there with a black screen, the little spiraling loading arrow frozen in time.
    My calendar seems ok but I'm getting that hateful little spiraling circle for ever when I try to share a post on facebook
    09-14-13 06:57 PM
    LOL!! I'm beginning to think that this update is an attempt by BlackBerry to commit genocide on it's tablets once and for all to wipe out of the company history.
    09-14-13 07:18 PM
    LOL!! I'm beginning to think that this update is an attempt by BlackBerry to commit genocide on it's tablets once and for all to wipe out of the company history.
    I've been thinking the same thing. - can we unload the upgrade??
    09-14-13 07:22 PM
    I'm loving this update. In fact, in my opinion this makes the PlayBook kick some **** even at it's age...
    The browser flies now. Neutron is more responsive and the overall touch experience in pretty much all apps is improved. I can multi-task much easier since the windows minimize, maximize and switch much faster. Less lag on the selection cursor and it's easier to copy/paste.

I don't know what they fed this OS, but I am loving it (sorry McDonalds, I'm stealing your tag line). It sucks that some machines get nuked by doing updates. I've heard of this going on before with the likes of cameras flaking out or getting lines in them. I myself am lucky.

I still am loving this PlayBook very much. I just wish it had a future...it could, it should but unfortunately it won't.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-14-13 07:22 PM
    I've been thinking the same thing. - can we unload the upgrade??
    There is a thread here somewhere. You will have to find the previous OS. I posted it on another thread. However you better read up how to reverse the OS before taking the step. You do not want to render your playbook dead for minor issue.
    09-14-13 07:26 PM
    I don't know what I'm doing right but everything is A-OK here. I streamed the new **** **** flick today while having coffee in a local coffee house. Awesome!
    09-14-13 07:50 PM
    After the update I noticed my playbook will no longer pair with my Q10 via bluetooth. I primarily use it for internet access when there is no WiFi available. Has anyone else noticed this change? It worked fine before. Thanks and I look forward to your reply. Cheers
    09-15-13 11:40 AM
    After the update I noticed my playbook will no longer pair with my Q10 via bluetooth. I primarily use it for internet access when there is no WiFi available. Has anyone else noticed this change? It worked fine before. Thanks and I look forward to your reply. Cheers
    Try delete both off the blue tooth pairing setting restart both devices and pair again. I have this happen to my Z10 and one of my playbook after the update. Use the manual setting instead of scanning the QR code.
    09-15-13 11:50 AM
    Since the update, for me, the startup time has improved over30 seconds, and it moves so much faster now....like a completely different tablet....... :-)
    09-15-13 01:57 PM
    Ok, so I
    1) streamed a couple of HBO shows and there is no difference; some don't work, some do as usual.
    2) BT Dell mouse was listed. Put batteries in it - had to re-enter pswrd and it works fine as e er.
    3) would not recognize BBPB mini keyboard - it was not listed. Had to hit ctrl bkspc on keyboard and hold for 6 secs, turn on &off, then search on PB, enter pswrd. Keyboard works fine now too.
    4) face book is fk'ed. Checker boards, stalls when trying to share a post and just generally slow. I don't know if this is FB or BB update issue. It didn't happen before. Should I start a separate post on this?
    09-15-13 02:13 PM
    Ok, so I
    1) streamed a couple of HBO shows and there is no difference; some don't work, some do as usual.
    2) BT Dell mouse was listed. Put batteries in it - had to re-enter pswrd and it works fine as e er.
    3) would not recognize BBPB mini keyboard - it was not listed. Had to hit ctrl bkspc on keyboard and hold for 6 secs, turn on &off, then search on PB, enter pswrd. Keyboard works fine now too.
    4) face book is fk'ed. Checker boards, stalls when trying to share a post and just generally slow. I don't know if this is FB or BB update issue. It didn't happen before. Should I start a separate post on this?
    Curious what hbo shows able to stream

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 02:43 PM
    Usually Dexter and True Blood, but this was a couple of Web Therapy episodes
    09-15-13 08:21 PM
    Just bought a Z10 and have paired it with my 64gig PB. Everything went smoothly, but I can only see BBM under BlackBerry Bridge on the PB? ie no text, email, contacts or diary? Running latest software on both devices - any suggestions? Had a 9360 before this and that synced perfectly with the PB.
    09-25-13 04:21 PM
    Just bought a Z10 and have paired it with my 64gig PB. Everything went smoothly, but I can only see BBM under BlackBerry Bridge on the PB? ie no text, email, contacts or diary? Running latest software on both devices - any suggestions? Had a 9360 before this and that synced perfectly with the PB.
    That is one of the "features" a new, improved CRIPPLED BRIDGE. And actually until last week there wasn't even a BBM. That was just added. There was a miserable README file which said dreck! Some of us have been complaining about this since Rim/bb first removed all of those features.

In simple terms, the Z10 no longer Bridges with the email, calendar, contacts or memo. It will still share data (other than at&T and now maybe t-mobile) and it can work as a remote control for the playbook.
    nappp likes this.
    09-25-13 05:07 PM
    yep. all bs. blackberry will never be open and say why they did it, or what the obstacle was that stopped text, calendar, memo, etc. just silence

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    09-25-13 06:50 PM
    And that's what customers will give them back in return...just silence. Really sad to see BBRY go down like this. Solid fan base being just ignored and left aside. Judging by their attitude you'd think they lead the market with 99.99% share.
    nappp likes this.
    09-26-13 02:53 AM
73 123