I installed the update today, and here is my findings:

-Noticeable improvement of the browser. It offers now a better experience. ( less checkerboarding, no more distortion when using the pinch to zoom). I think that it is now faster than Origami. ( or maybe the update affected Origami ?)

- no more lag when typing ( especially the backspace )

- finally I have the thumbnails working on the browser bookmarks. ( never worked for me)
    Cynycl, jkomo001 and edwinsberry like this.
    09-10-13 08:49 PM
    so far I notice nothing
    09-10-13 08:56 PM
    There's a freaking lock icon when you tap the battery icon, I got back the crappie apps I deleted a couple of years ago. Also I happened to wondering about something. The damn leak came out on the 5th (with flash update) on the 6th I started a thread in reference to Hbo go not working anymore, because I couldn't watch anything on the 5th. The biggest deal with this update was the Flash Version. I think someone turned off the switch for PlayBook users to use HBO GO. I think the leak was tested that it blocked HBO and Max GO and that's why the official version came out.

Posted via CB10
    edwinsberry likes this.
    09-10-13 09:18 PM
    I was about to go boot up my playbook but now I might just wait till the morning to go update it. Wish it was more to the update...

Sent from my Galaxy S IV using Tapatalk IV
    09-10-13 09:24 PM
    There's a freaking lock icon when you tap the battery icon, I got back the crappie apps I deleted a couple of years ago. ...
    Posted via CB10
    I see none of what you reported on my playbook... weird.
    Willard814 likes this.
    09-10-13 09:28 PM
    I've been looking at that damn update icon all day, not sure if i want to update or not. My PlayBook works pretty good and I don't want to mess up a good thing, maybe tomorrow after more opinions in the forums...I dunno
    09-10-13 09:29 PM
    I've been looking at that damn update icon all day, not sure if i want to update or not. My PlayBook works pretty good and I don't want to mess up a good thing, maybe tomorrow after more opinions in the forums...I dunno
    I have done the update, just checked everything and all is fine and well, paired with my Z10 via Bluetooth fast; great.!
    Before there could be a little lag and or redo.

I think my Playbook is smoother and faster.!

Thanks to BlackBerry for the update.
    09-10-13 09:46 PM
    This could be our very last OS update..
    extisis likes this.
    09-10-13 09:58 PM
    I have been hoping, since its release, for the option of Never for the Backlight Time-out and Standby Time-out.
    Looks like I will just have to deal with it (as I have for almost 21/2 years) until my PB dies.
    Cynycl and jkomo001 like this.
    09-10-13 10:23 PM
    There's a freaking lock icon when you tap the battery icon, I got back the crappie apps I deleted a couple of years ago. Also I happened to wondering about something. The damn leak came out on the 5th (with flash update) on the 6th I started a thread in reference to Hbo go not working anymore, because I couldn't watch anything on the 5th. The biggest deal with this update was the Flash Version. I think someone turned off the switch for PlayBook users to use HBO GO. I think the leak was tested that it blocked HBO and Max GO and that's why the official version came out.

Posted via CB10
    I believe there's always been a Lock Icon on the Battery IF YOU HAVE A PASSWORD set.
    09-10-13 10:53 PM
    Before I decide to update I would like to know if I should save everything first, or is this not necessary. I cannot afford to lose everything on my PB.
    09-10-13 10:57 PM
    Completed the update, yes the browser is faster but still like using the origami browser at this time. I hope that while BB10 is not coming, updates will continue at a modest pace to allow the hardware to remain relevant for a while longer
    09-10-13 11:10 PM
    Are nt we supposed to get a notice for update? I dont see anything
    09-10-13 11:16 PM
    have we got a changelog for this update..?
    09-10-13 11:43 PM
    After I loaded the update but before restarting, I checked the versions of everything I could easily find. After restarting, I noticed:
    1) Free RAM went from 600.8M to 617.2M
    2) Free Flash went from 6.1G to 6.2G
    3) Adobe Flash Player went from Version 11.1.121.74 to 11.1.121.78
    4) Adobe Air went from Version 3.1.0.74 to 3.1.0.78

I saw no other version or value changes. The standard applications (Adobe Reader, Kobo, etc.) didn't change at all.

The increases in free RAM and Flash may be due to incorporation of the ~400MB download into the OS, eliminating the redundant package.

At least BlackBerry is still doing *something* for our PlayBooks. I'd really like to see a rate - of - builds: a list of increments in the build numbers (in this case, from 2.1.0.1526 to 2.1.0.1753, or 227 builds) versus the number of days between the releases. I suspect that the rate of builds has not decreased drastically as would be expected from corporate news and naysayers. Anyone care to look that up and let us know?

I still really like this little machine!
    09-10-13 11:45 PM
    smart man. I never skip an update, but there is no rush until more findings come to light

Sent from an ATM
    No trees were harmed during the making of this message
    Spencerdl likes this.
    09-10-13 11:47 PM
    I believe there's always been a Lock Icon on the Battery IF YOU HAVE A PASSWORD set.
    Well that explains that, today is the first time I decided to attempt side loading and I'm guessing with putting a password in for developer mode brought up the icon. Didn't even get a lock. At least I learned something today.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 12:13 AM
    Are nt we supposed to get a notice for update? I dont see anything
    Funny you should mention that - this morning as soon as I turned on my 32gig, it had a notice. The 64gig still shows no sign but I'm manually checking now: "Could not connect to update server. Please try......"

Okay, pressed the darn button again and now it shows and UPDATE available. I may hold off and go to sleep!
    09-11-13 12:52 AM
    Yes it's been there since I have owned them, back to os 1.x

Everyone blames everything they don't like on the upgrade, from battery life to icon loss to camera broke, because it's the only time we ever test everything.
    castoridae and blkbeauti like this.
    09-11-13 03:24 AM
    They still have not fixed the problem that came in with 2.1 where some android apps don't recognise the playbook's wifi connection. Some of these apps are still for sale in app world.
    Sigh, didn't really expect much at this stage.
    09-11-13 03:40 AM
    Well that explains that, today is the first time I decided to attempt side loading and I'm guessing with putting a password in for developer mode brought up the icon. Didn't even get a lock. At least I learned something today.

Posted via CB10
    You didn't previously have a power on password? Hopefully you have no email accounts or other apps like blaq otherwise they are wide open in the event of loss or theft of the playbook.
    09-11-13 04:45 AM
    You didn't previously have a power on password? Hopefully you have no email accounts or other apps like blaq otherwise they are wide open in the event of loss or theft of the playbook.
    No never used a password before. I really don't have much important information on it, mostly entertainment. I keep everything in my BB phone and they haven't really ever left my side. I always had a password on them. I probably would have put more information on the PlayBook if it had Password Keeper and Protect capabilities.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 04:59 AM
    I love my play book. I just seen my update notice.
    09-11-13 05:10 AM
    I love my play book. I just seen my update notice.
    Great device, it could use a couple more apps. But I use it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 05:47 AM
    so far I notice nothing
    Me too. Opened stock browser to check it out. Opened Crackberry to checkerboarding and it forced closed. Back to Origami. So much for stability improvements. Was hoping for better email but I still got the "there was a problem" errors. Someone said they had to restart several (3-4 times). Might try that.
    09-11-13 06:01 AM
73 123