Agreed. Apple releases a device that doesn't have flash, which is not necessary and get's slammed by all the haters but blackberry releases a device without email but it's somehow awesome. Whenever Apple products don't do something people are always quick to point them out and use that as a reference to bash the product. But when it's RIM, it's ok "because it will get better in time". At least just be consistent with criticism.
    Neither is necessarily ok by me. One difference that I do hold against Apple since you made that comparison. RIM surely wants native email in the PlayBook and it probably doing all they can to put it there. With Flash, you have one man's personal vendetta against a company (Jobs vs. Adobe) that gets taken out on the users. Proof? The PlayBook handles flash very well. I have yet to have any flash issues or crashes, or whatever, and I get 7-8 hours of battery. So either Apple's engineers are not as capable as RIM's (or course they ARE), or Apple denies millions of users a a very valid part of the web for reasons other than what they stated. Up until RIM pulled it off, and with a version 1.0 release moreover, you could maybe buy Job's excuses. After all where was non-buggy Flash on Android?
    04-28-11 11:30 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD