I had to buy some new headphones today, so a quick trip to cnet etc. pointed me towards the Klisch s4s as best for value. Future Shop is just beside my office, so away I went. And there they were! Full price at $110. i hate paying full price for anything, so when the sales guy came up, I asked if he price-matched. He whipped out his droid and opened best buy - same price.

Then his eyes widened as I slid my playbook out of my coat pocket, fired up the bridge browser and opened amazon.ca. There they were, for $80 and free shipping. "how about price matching this?" i asked nicely.

After a quick discussion with his manager, they were mine for $75. Thanks playbook!

(Id like to see an ipad do that)
    02-07-12 11:25 PM
    Epic Story is Epic.

My PB doesnt fit my clothes, lol...
    02-07-12 11:29 PM
    lol, playbook is mos def handy!!
    02-08-12 01:40 AM
    Wish Best Buy USA price matched Amazon.com
    ScoobsDM likes this.
    02-08-12 01:46 AM
    All the stores around here will price match other stores, but won't price match online prices. Sucks! lol But awesome work for you, kudos!
    02-08-12 01:53 AM
    I had to buy some new headphones today, so a quick trip to cnet etc. pointed me towards the Klisch s4s as best for value. Future Shop is just beside my office, so away I went. And there they were! Full price at $110. i hate paying full price for anything, so when the sales guy came up, I asked if he price-matched. He whipped out his droid and opened best buy - same price.

Then his eyes widened as I slid my playbook out of my coat pocket, fired up the bridge browser and opened amazon.ca. There they were, for $80 and free shipping. "how about price matching this?" i asked nicely.

After a quick discussion with his manager, they were mine for $75. Thanks playbook!

Good story, although I'm not sure about the logic. Spending $35 less did't make you any money, it still costs $75. And you probably needed the headphones for the PlayBook. Sorry to spoil the party
    02-08-12 04:42 AM
    Like to see an iPad do what, exactly?
    02-08-12 05:23 AM
    Cool story, thanks for sharing
    02-08-12 05:36 AM
    Like to see an iPad do what, exactly?
    magically appear out of a coat pocket ... see, they're kinda big.
    02-08-12 05:04 PM
    my cousin from italy is carrying his ipad2 in his big pocket of his jacket i lolled.
    and i told him to put my PB in his pocket, it litteraly dived in his pocket lol and dissapeared.
    02-08-12 05:08 PM

Honestly, I don't see a point in this post. So, you could find out the deal only from PB? Please...

First of all, you're in luck as you live in Canada and it's winter time, so you happened to have a winter coat with a LARGE pocket where you can slip PB into. None of my Winter jacket has large enough pocket for PB unfortunately, so I still carry it in my hand.

Secondly, I wouldn't look for a tablet. I can just open up browser on my phone and search amazon.ca which has nicely organized webpage for smartphone screens. I can carry my phone all year around, and it's a lot more portable than any tablet.
    02-08-12 05:25 PM
    A Futureshop employee price matching with Best Buy... LOL!!!!
    Futureshop is OWNED by Best Buy!
    I wonder how many people get pwned by that routine?
    02-08-12 06:13 PM
    Honestly, I don't see a point in this post. So, you could find out the deal only from PB? Please...

First of all, you're in luck as you live in Canada and it's winter time, so you happened to have a winter coat with a LARGE pocket where you can slip PB into. None of my Winter jacket has large enough pocket for PB unfortunately, so I still carry it in my hand.
    You appear to be feeling grumpy. Here. Let me show you this demo video to cheer you up.

You're also stereotyping Canadians and Canada. You think I'm trotting around in a massive parka all day, maybe with snowshoes on, a thick toque, and a mug of overly strong beer?

Only on the weekend, my friend.

It was a story. It was fun. Thought I'd share. Here. Watch the demo video again. and pause it at the manatee. That will make you feel better.
    02-08-12 08:23 PM
    A Futureshop employee price matching with Best Buy... LOL!!!!
    Futureshop is OWNED by Best Buy!
    I wonder how many people get pwned by that routine?
    huh. forgot about that. That was a neat trick. I wonder if they teach that?

Interestingly, on the pos he pulled up a long scroll of companies that they price match with, including amazon. I was quite surprised at how long the list was.
    02-08-12 08:28 PM
    You appear to be feeling grumpy. Here. Let me show you this demo video to cheer you up.

You're also stereotyping Canadians and Canada. You think I'm trotting around in a massive parka all day, maybe with snowshoes on, a thick toque, and a mug of overly strong beer?

Only on the weekend, my friend.

It was a story. It was fun. Thought I'd share. Here. Watch the demo video again. and pause it at the manatee. That will make you feel better.
    I'm a Canadian too, so I can say a thing or two about Canadians.

The story was all fine until you brought up iPad argument.
    xKrNMBoYx likes this.
    02-08-12 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD