My son had a friend over yesterday. I took them both with me to run an errand. I thought I'd take the PB and iPad so they could each play quietly while waiting for 20 minutes.

If you know how an iPad works - you have to press and hold an icon until it shakes. Then you can close running apps in the background...

Well - I guess they tried to do the same on the PB, which as you know, is the process for deleting (or moving) apps. Anyway, when I got home last night, just about every app was deleted off the PB. I got pwned.

Well, at least App World makes it easy to quickly see what was uninstalled. And, my backup was quite convenient.

Just a few steps, a little patienc, and I was back in business.

Next time - I think I will give a little instruction before handing over my little buddy.
    07-20-12 12:53 PM
    Actually, pressing and holding on the iPad is also the process for deleting apps. I think the little fella knew exactly what he was doing ... Next time give him an etch-a-sketch
    Dim-Ize, bungaboy and plh121 like this.
    07-20-12 12:58 PM
    Think twice about what you do with your precious PlayBook.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    07-20-12 01:00 PM
    I watch kids like a hawk when they use my PB.

Good job on backing the stuff up.
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    07-20-12 01:21 PM
    would love to see some feature to prevent deletion of apps or even access to apps in native privacy controls ... plss ^^
    bungaboy, FF22 and Jlodon2012 like this.
    07-20-12 01:27 PM
    Actually, pressing and holding on the iPad is also the process for deleting apps. I think the little fella knew exactly what he was doing ... Next time give him an etch-a-sketch
    But iPad have restriction feature that can lock the apps from deleting or installing.
    Last edited by Jlodon2012; 07-20-12 at 01:55 PM.
    07-20-12 01:48 PM
    would love to see some feature to prevent deletion of apps or even access to apps in native privacy controls ... plss ^^
    Maybe a confirmation window/option before deleting any app?

Sent from some device using some sort of app.
    07-20-12 02:17 PM
    Maybe a confirmation window/option before deleting any app?

Sent from some device using some sort of app.
    PlayBook already does this, when you delete an app a dialog box appears asking for you to confirm the delete
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-20-12 02:34 PM
    My 2.5 year-old granddaughter did the same thing to my daughter's PB. i doubt a warning would help with little ones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    07-20-12 03:10 PM
    Or a clip round the ear....
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    07-20-12 03:10 PM
    My 2.5 year-old granddaughter did the same thing to my daughter's PB. i doubt a warning would help with little ones.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    A warning just makes it more exciting
    07-20-12 03:43 PM
    haha this made me laugh...not a mean laugh, just an oh-that's-life laugh
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    07-20-12 04:08 PM
    I love my playbook to much to share with others...
    Dim-Ize likes this.
    07-20-12 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD