Who started the rumor? ME ok it's a wish, but here goes:

I like my playbook but aside from a 'bigger screen' for my bb phone, it hasn't provided good value. I recently worked with a Samsung note and found taking notes in a meeting to be fantastic.

Samsung will be announcing the SM-P900 next month which is a 12.2 inch tablet with stylus. Now imagine blackberry did the same? A full size tablet, with stylus, with Android app compatability, with BB OS and security.

In fact, a 12.2 inch z30 (like) device with stylus would have potential.

mmm....that sounds like a device I would buy!
    Last edited by ocgltd; 12-05-13 at 11:29 AM.
    12-05-13 10:45 AM
    Great that you can dream about it but BlackBerry confirmed that are not interested in making more tablets. The playbook is the first and last tablet for Blackberry.
    12-05-13 10:49 AM
    Never say never!

There is a need for the BlackBerry platform to have a tablet if it is going to be a major business competitor. They are first trying to determine if they can get business to buy into BES10 and BB10. Of course if the BlackBerry platform is going to just be another Android Platform, then maybe they don't need to make a tablet.
    12-05-13 11:01 AM
    It is so funny how tech always seems to come full circle. I was on a plane traveling for the holidays and as I saw all the iPhones, I couldn't help but wonder what if 1) Microsoft had seen the light for touchscreen devices and revamped it's Windows Mobile (stylus driven/resistive screen) earlier; or if 2)BBRY had developed touchscreen devices earlier instead of being entrenched with the physical keyboard. Would Apple have dominated like it is today? Now people are clamoring for the old stylus technology again. Just kinda funny.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    12-05-13 11:37 AM