Just got my 64GB PlayBook back from RIM after sending it in Friday. Called Wednesday for Tech Support on the non-functioning Front Facing Camera, tech support requested I try an OS install (had already tried one at that point) and call back. Called back Thursday and told them it did nothing, was told I was approved for RMA and I'd get a box with shipping label next day, which I did. Sent it in the next day (Friday) and just got it back today (Wednesday). 5 days, including a weekend. Brilliant RMA experience.
    FF22, DC506 and Thachoc1 like this.
    10-17-12 09:48 PM
    great...i misspelled experience...
    10-17-12 09:51 PM
    AWESOME, I have the same issue with a PB bought launch day April 19th 2011, hope they look after me the same as you :-)
    10-17-12 09:51 PM
    Can I ask: How long did you have the unit?
    10-17-12 10:07 PM
    I had an equally amazing experience. A one week turn around was what I hoped for and exactly what I got. These guys know what they are doing on the customer service front.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    10-17-12 10:10 PM
    Can I ask: How long did you have the unit?
    Bought this one a little before that January sale ended earlier this year. So I've owned it since around February 2nd or so. Funny thing is the 16GB PB that's my wife's now has never had problems at all. And the power button on it is nice and clicky. My previous 64GB and it's new replacement both have had pushed in power buttons :/
    10-17-12 10:48 PM
    I must say I also had an excellent experience with them. My camera wasn't operating (Grey screen) last week I called tech support. They had me return the playbook via FedEx (that they provided) which I did got my playbook back yesterday to my amazement they sent me back a brand new Playbook..Great Experience....
    10-18-12 04:32 AM
    Just got my 64GB PlayBook back from RIM after sending it in Friday. Called Wednesday for Tech Support on the non-functioning Front Facing Camera, tech support requested I try an OS install (had already tried one at that point) and call back. Called back Thursday and told them it did nothing, was told I was approved for RMA and I'd get a box with shipping label next day, which I did. Sent it in the next day (Friday) and just got it back today (Wednesday). 5 days, including a weekend. Brilliant RMA experience.

I just got my playbook from RIM. I had very good experience with RIM as well. I got playbook after a week more or less. They sent me a refurb unit and mixed up cases. Pretty much 64GB tablet had written 32GB on it. So i called them again. They agreed to advance swap. I was on the phone with rim after 5 pm of my time. I got a package from rim the next day at 2pm !!!! I was shocked. I did not expect it until Monday. Now i can enjoy my playbook again. I got one playbook for a friend and sent it to Europe. They had some Android tablet but i was told that they like Playbook way better !
    10-18-12 02:43 PM
    Glad you all had such a great experience, mine didn't go so well. But at the end of it all, 3 playbooks later, I got a brand new 32gb PB for all the trouble. #GORIM!!!!
    10-18-12 02:57 PM
    Glad you all had such a great experience, mine didn't go so well. But at the end of it all, 3 playbooks later, I got a brand new 32gb PB for all the trouble. #GORIM!!!!
    and this is what i call good service !
    10-18-12 05:54 PM
    Nice to see this it just makes me think of threads started by some claiming manufacturer defect over user negligence and spew hated I guess for some their own lies become truth.
    Nice to hear people's good experiences with rim customer service which by all accounts seem to be on of their strong suits:-)
    10-18-12 06:30 PM
    Nice to see this it just makes me think of threads started by some claiming manufacturer defect over user negligence and spew hated I guess for some their own lies become truth.
    Nice to hear people's good experiences with rim customer service which by all accounts seem to be on of their strong suits:-)
    10-18-12 06:31 PM
    Sorry for the double post folks I tried to edit to no avail.
    I guess it was so nice it had to post twice
    DC506 and eternalemb like this.
    10-18-12 06:41 PM
    Looking back at a few of your posts, I realized I forgot a very pertinent fact: they didn't send me back my PB repaired, they sent me a new/refurbished one.
    10-19-12 05:45 AM
    Same experience with RMA for camera failure. RIM even extended my warranty into next year to cover it! Excellent service.
    10-19-12 06:15 AM