I am completely shocked that this post has survived.I have both tablets too and I put my opinion on this site and was very told I should be posting on the Android website.
    12-07-12 05:17 PM
    How is email on the nexus 7? I am using the PB now email is good. I use Gmail and exchange for work email. Hopefully it's as good. My nexus is on the way.
    12-07-12 05:33 PM
    How is email on the nexus 7? I am using the PB now email is good. I use Gmail and exchange for work email. Hopefully it's as good. My nexus is on the way.
    both would be push on the n7. i prefer email on nexus and most android devices over the slow and clunky PB email
    12-07-12 05:35 PM
    As one poster said, the lack of microSD slot can be overcome with USB OTG, or better yet, a 500GB Wifi Seagate hard drive . The real deal breaker for me was the lack of HDMI support, with no way of obtaining it even via mods. That being said, I chose to go with the Galaxy Note 10.1, and with all it's features and mult-tasking capabilities, makes it one of, if not the best tablet on the market right now.
    12-07-12 06:26 PM
    I prefer using both the BBPB and the N7 in landscape mode. Perhaps the PB is a tad slower but with the view toggle I can at least have the whole screen width for the message. Also the draft saving features and the font selections are nice. Therefore for me the PB email is better.
    12-07-12 07:13 PM
    As one poster said, the lack of microSD slot can be overcome with USB OTG, or better yet, a 500GB Wifi Seagate hard drive . The real deal breaker for me was the lack of HDMI support, with no way of obtaining it even via mods. That being said, I chose to go with the Galaxy Note 10.1, and with all it's features and mult-tasking capabilities, makes it one of, if not the best tablet on the market right now.
    Keeping an eye on this one... enough 7-inch devices right now, so I'd like a full size one with good peripherals.
    12-07-12 10:50 PM
    I have been using Playbook for nearly 3 months and this is the best tablet i have ever used. Infact i have used samsung galaxy tab and also nexus 7, but nothing appealed to me as Playbook.

Pros & Cons of playbook:

PrOs:
    1) Cool OS
    2) Excellent Speakers
    3) Exellent Build Quality
    4) Camera is extremely good in bright light with 1080p recording but issue is at night and low light situation & fixed focus sucks
    5) Battery life is superb. Can watch 3-4 movies on a go and around 7-8 hrs of WIFI
    6) Excellent Display compared to galaxy tab2 ( Galaxy tab 2 sucks in all areas)
    7) Competes even with latest tablets like IPAD 3 in specification.
    8) Very Cheap. In india the cost of 64GB itself is 18.5K.
    9) HDMI port

Cons:
    1) Apps support
    2) WIFI dowload speed is vry slow for unknown reason whereas galaxy tab and nexus downloads lot quicker with the same connection.
    3) Lack of skype support (no use of 3mp cool camera without dis. I hardly hv any frinds with blackberry devices and hence built in video chat is of no use.)

PROS & CONS of Nexus 7 :

Pros :

1) HD Display
    2) Jelly Bean OS apps.
    3) Superb CPU specification
    4) Cool battery backup almost same as playbook.

Cons :

1) Built Quality is not so good as playbook
    2) Lack of a professional camera
    3) Android UI is extremely laggy sometimes.
    4) Lack of HDMI port and back speakers are not so gud.

Done ask me about galaxy tab 2 as it is nowhere equal to these professional tablets. Extremely poor built quality when compared to nexus 7 and playbook.
    12-08-12 12:55 AM
    both would be push on the n7. i prefer email on nexus and most android devices over the slow and clunky PB email
    nexus 7 email works well. I never really tried it on pb as I use bridge and I just love it. playbook ability to text,email through the phone is a great asset

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    12-08-12 05:40 AM
    I returned Nexus 7 today. I decided to stay with Playbook only for now. Kind of did not see reason to keep two tablets. Either I would keep Nexus 7 and sell Playbook or Return N7 and keep Playbook. I decided to go with the latter. To wipe off my tears I got myself new game from the app store and leather case for playbook. For whatever reason i could not make N7 to switch from portrait to landscape and vice versa automatically. I installed 4.2.1. It did not help. I wiped OS to default settings and this did not help. I kind of did not like that i have to do it manually. Weird thing is that the guy in the store had his own nexus 7 with 4.2.1 and his tablet was switching viewing positions automatically. Other reason why i decided to keep playbook is that i can access internet through bluetooth with blackberry. Finally i think that it sucks a bit that the control bar is always on the screen (except for watching movies). Having 7" tablet this is like 5% of space wasted in such a small space. N7 is nontheless awesome tablet.
    i will just wait for another update from Google and i will go with updated version next year with full LTE support.
    No need to install any other app, auto-rotate function can be found at configuration options, I used it on a couple of N7 I got for gifts and played with them for a couple of months.

Even when it looks not a promising future for PB's I decided to go for it and will get mine this week as I still use flash and will love the bridge and tethering functions using it together with my BB Torch 9850

CHEERS!
    02-18-13 09:55 AM
    How well does tethering with your BB phone work on the Nexus 7 ? Does it make any difference what brand of phone you have ?
    02-18-13 10:24 AM
85 ... 234