I will say up front, I come from the world of Android and rooting/modding. I was a frequent contributor to many android forums and I have to say that I NEVER saw the hitching and hostility that I see here. Lord, if someone happens to question the Playbook or question something with BlackBerry, he/she is immediately labeled a "troll" and blasted for the next 5 pages. Why is that? I love my Playbook and new 9930 and I want to learn as much as possible about both, but d@!m it's annoying to read most of the threads on here and how they almost all turn negative. It's like watching the Republicans eat each other in the recent debates. This is THE forum to come to for information, so why don't we all grow up and act like adults and actually try to help people instead of having a smarta@@ contest on every thread??

OK, rant is done...go about your daily business
    02-24-12 09:50 AM
    here is why.
    complainers come out with a headline that says something like the Playbook is broken and it is no good, rather than to ask: people i have a problem, i can't get this or that to work.
    complainers never seem to realize they are clueless about Playbook and are to ignorant to educate themselves, and so rightfully they get blamed for being the lazy, stupid whiners they are or they get called trolls. a little humility from the complainers would go a long way, to solve your problem.
    02-24-12 10:02 AM
    this is a fine example of what the op was talking about.............

here is why.
    complainers come out with a headline that says something like the Playbook is broken and it is no good, rather than to ask: people i have a problem, i can't get this or that to work.
    complainers never seem to realize they are clueless about Playbook and are to ignorant to educate themselves, and so rightfully they get blamed for being the lazy, stupid whiners they are or they get called trolls. a little humility from the complainers would go a long way, to solve your problem.
    philmair and admorris#AC like this.
    02-24-12 10:04 AM
    That's because of sarcastic thread titles from posters. If a person is unfamiliar with a problem there is no cause to down, disgrace or implied negativity in the title. Just ask for assistance or buy another product...it's not that difficult.
    PatrickMJS and Willard814 like this.
    02-24-12 10:19 AM
    BlackBerry is the old religion. It must be laughed at and sarcastically abused as often as possible. Anything it does right or well will instantly dismissed because of past failures and anything it does brilliantly will be picked constantly. Anything it doesn't do, regardless of whether it's a valid point, will not be dropped...

Apple is the new religion. Anyone who doesn't conform to this is clearly a foolish for not realizing that Apple is the way the truth and the light. Anything it does wrong can and will be ignored. Anyone who believes apple may have created a less than perfect product is a heathen. And they absolutely must he ridiculed into realizing how wrong they are for the sake of their eternal soul.

Androids are the atheists. Their way of life doesn't submit to any single hardware or software company. The world is their oyster. They can customize themselves in any way they want. To suit any need. They scorn those who follow religion. And pride themselves on being free from the oppression. Oh... And they have no worries about informing the religious of just how blind and dumb they are to follow one company.

Just to confirm that this is generally how users see each other from whichever group they are in. But they don't see their own group in the same light.
    This is the way of all things.
    Last edited by Tomcat_Alley; 02-24-12 at 10:35 AM.
    02-24-12 10:26 AM
    I think it's safe to say that RIM, while having created a beautiful product in the PB, has mucked up its delivery to the general public. The diehards here on CB, myself included, were fine with no native email, contacts, or calendars, but to the general public, many of whom have probably never set foot in CB or the CB forums, were right to complain about the lack of these additions that come standard on just about any other device I can think of. Whether one purchased a PB or not, I think RIM looked silly and deserved the negative press they got touting the PB as a business tablet and failing to include something as basic and intrinsic in the business world as those three from the get go.

Now that very basic business apps come included with the new OS so people are getting another look at what RIM and the PB have to offer. There are glitches, there are omissions (with respect to things other companies provide with their tablets), and, yes, there are trolls among us. I think the issues out weigh the trolls by a huge margin but I also think that RIM's tablet is still stuck in a rut that it may not get out of.

As a die hard BB fan I personally have no issue with my phone or tablet. What worries me is the forthcoming release of newer, more popular tablets over the next few months that will, quite literally, bury the PB's gusto under mountains of media hype and fanboy diatribes.

Will the trolls stick around? Probably. Are their concerns valid? Of course. Are some people never going to be happy with their RIM products and should just switch to another company? Yes. Are they in the majority here? Absolutely not.

As CB is the hub for all things BB and RIM I think it's terribly important and side with the OP. If I was an outsider and saw that A) people posted hundreds of "I have a problem with my PB" threads that contained B) "GTFO, troll" responses I probably wouldn't be inclined to 1) join this community and/or 2) purchase a PB in the first place.

However, if I came here and point A still happened but point B) changed to "Here is the contact for RIM tech support" or "please see [this] thread for a fix" then I'd probably change my tune.

My twelve cents.
    Mystic205 likes this.
    02-24-12 10:38 AM
    IMHO, posting a post dedicated to complaining about complainers is counterproductive and just plan wrong. There is already a sticky which explains the ground rules in such an eloquent manner that there is no justification for attempting to elaborate on acceptable rules of engagement within this forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...forums-655452/
    9of13 likes this.
    02-24-12 10:57 AM
    I will say up front, I come from the world of Android and rooting/modding. I was a frequent contributor to many android forums and I have to say that I NEVER saw the hitching and hostility that I see here. Lord, if someone happens to question the Playbook or question something with BlackBerry, he/she is immediately labeled a "troll" and blasted for the next 5 pages. Why is that? I love my Playbook and new 9930 and I want to learn as much as possible about both, but d@!m it's annoying to read most of the threads on here and how they almost all turn negative. It's like watching the Republicans eat each other in the recent debates. This is THE forum to come to for information, so why don't we all grow up and act like adults and actually try to help people instead of having a smarta@@ contest on every thread??

OK, rant is done...go about your daily business
    This is without a doubt the most helpful forum I have ever visited.
    It also has more "trolls" then I have ever seen on any other forum.
    In my opinion it is the responsibility of the person seeking help to "act like an adult".
    This would eliminate most of the fighting going on around here.
    If you look at the threads to see where they go south you will see the same names that started the trouble. There are some here just to stir the pot.
    What I don't understand is why some people bother to post here. It is a device specific forum not a general electronics forum. If you don't like the product then get rid of it and move on.
    02-24-12 11:01 AM
    This is without a doubt the most helpful forum I have ever visited.
    It also has more "trolls" then I have ever seen on any other forum.
    In my opinion it is the responsibility of the person seeking help to "act like an adult".
    This would eliminate most of the fighting going on around here.
    If you look at the threads to see where they go south you will see the same names that started the trouble. There are some here just to stir the pot.
    What I don't understand is why some people bother to post here. It is a device specific forum not a general electronics forum. If you don't like the product then get rid of it and move on.
    I work in a automotive plant going on 12 years now, I've seen good and bad times. Wages got cut in half, people got laid off and work doubled. I know it's bad wish it was better, but if its that bad as some people say, why don't they just leave. When I ask that question they usually start trying to get out of the conversation. If it was that bad to me I wouldn't tell you I'm leaving you just wouldn't see me there anymore. Some people love to cry. No matter what.
    Foppa_21 and Chaddface like this.
    02-24-12 11:25 AM
    BlackBerry is the old religion.
    So like greek mythology old? I hope so.

God of Productivity? God of Function before Fun? God of I-buy-the-right-phone-for-me-not-what-the-trend-is?
    Tomcat_Alley likes this.
    02-24-12 11:31 AM
    I have now found a relaxed way of enjoying this forum. I use the "ignore list" facility which allows to suppress all the venim coming from the regular bashers. Try it!
    Last edited by jamesbondOO7; 02-24-12 at 11:42 AM.
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    02-24-12 11:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD