SSSooo,,, I've been looking into maybe buying a cell/Wifi Playbook the last few weeks & now that Sandy has left town, I would like to run a few things by you guys along w/ some questions to make sure I've got it straight,,, feel free to add/subtract/correct as necessary:

1- the reason I'm considering the cell/Wifi (4g/LTE) version is I figure it would give a bit more flexibility plus a little more kick since it houses a 1.5 processor vs. the 1.0 of the original,,, I have a 3g connection (9850) but I'm guessing it's backwards compatible & will work fine,,, from what I understand I need Wifi to setup & update the original PB,,, will I be able to do setup & updates via cell w/ this model??? what are other benefits to getting this one??? do i need to get a barcode scanner from appworld for bridge setup???

2- as far as i know this version is only available in 32g which is plenty to suit my needs...

3- exactly what can I do on my phone via bridge & vice versa aside from what the training vid on Blackberry.com shows???

4- can I still get a free game since it's past Oct. 31st considering Sandys' inconvenient timing??? the stores maybe closed for another few days to a week depending & I'd have one by now if it wasn't for her...

5- once the BB10 update kicks in will I still be able to run in bridged mode???

6- is there a posting that lists ALL the shortcuts/tips/tricks??? Blackberry instruction manuels are weak in this area...

7- what accessories will come w/ it??? HDMI cable??? some listings say a case comes w/ it, some don't,,, I'm really only concerned about a case for now but HDMI cable would be handy...

8- does it have the same rubberyesque-ish back that the phones have???

thanks in advance...
    11-01-12 01:58 AM
    1- I don't think the 4G price is justified especially if you're not going to make use of 4G network.

3- BBM, Text messages, Calendar, Browsing via your phones BIS, Memopad.

4- I don't think so.

5- Yes, most probably. No reason to change what works.

7- It comes with a sort of stretchy sleeve, for storing the PlayBook.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-01-12 04:33 AM
    There's a Sticky for newbies at the top with pages of hints/tricks.

It comes with the neoprene baggie as noted, an ac-usb charger and a usb cable. NO hdmi cable (check out monoprice.com). Oh, and a screen cleaning cloth!

The entire back and edge surround is rubber/silicone.
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-01-12 09:44 AM
    "1- I don't think the 4G price is justified especially if you're not going to make use of 4G network." ===

yeah,,, after further review, i'm w/ ya on that,,, so it's either 32g or 64g, whichever i find 1st,,, seems they're nowhere to be found...
    11-01-12 11:59 AM
    11-01-12 04:40 PM
    BlackBerry Accessories Store - RIM US
    179 and 219 for 32 and 64.

incredible,,, these things are extinct,,,, 16GB's are available but i'm set on 64 but will settle for 32,,, ideally i'd like to jump on the Office Depot deal but the stores near me are out too & likely don't have power or are in the Atlantic now anyway,,, my only thought is they're making them hard to find in order to keep the price up,,, HEY!!! Kevin or Blaize,,, can you hook me up???

"32GB $179.00/64GB $219.00
    Out of Stock This product is currently unavailable but will be back in stock soon. Sign up here to be notified via e-mail. We will get back to you as soon as we receive inventory."
    11-01-12 06:07 PM