Hello, My playbook will not charge on the computers in my house but I am able to charge it in the wall and I am able to get my stuff off it and put new on.. Whats going on?
    12-31-12 11:05 PM
    Computer's USB port doesn't output enough power.
    12-31-12 11:13 PM
    Even if your computer can supply ample power to the USB it's painfully slow. Always use the wall charger.

Older computers or a computer with lots of USB peripherals can't supply ample power needed to work.
    12-31-12 11:16 PM
    Have you tried another usb cable? I found that some usb cable cannot be used to charge devices on computers. Also as abovementioned, it's painfully slow to charge a PB on computers. The PB battery is big and computer usb does not have enough power to charge it withinin a reasonably time.
    01-01-13 01:53 AM
    01-01-13 04:56 AM
    PlayBook needs to be connected to an outlet your computer isn't gonna make it charge with any real success. If you want life to be easy get the rapid charger it makes a world of difference. They can be had rather cheaply these days.
    01-01-13 05:07 AM
    Agree with above. Save yourself from any future problem. Do not charge your Playbook via your computer. Use the wall charger always and if you can afford to invest in a Rapid Travel Charger or Dock Charger, It's highly recommended. Some of us encounter dead Playbooks because of using the computer or other adapter that is not powerful enough to charge. Thinking that it's charging instead it's draining battery to the point of zero percent. You will then have to send the unit back to RIM for a CPR to get the tablet work again. And that's the easiest way if you still have the warranty.
    01-01-13 07:01 AM
    Actually a fast charger cradle is capable of resurrecting a completely dead PB. I just did that to my brother's PB that was drained to zero battery due to a broken USB socket on the PB incapable of making a connection. It would not boot (five flashes on the LED and that's all it would do). The cradle charger uses different contacts on the PB than the USB cable. Trouble is that a cradle charger is half the price of a new PB these days!
    01-01-13 02:14 PM
    Cowboom had them for $8.00. Amazon has them for $18.00 with free shipping:
    Amazon.com: RIM Rapid Charging Stand - Charger - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

The Rapid Travel Charger is the same charger, but without the cradle. Also about $18.00:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories
    Last edited by Cory949; 01-01-13 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added Travel Charger info
    01-01-13 02:54 PM