Hi folks,

I'm following the proceedings in this forum for a few months now. I have been struggling whether I should buy a Bold 9900 or a Playbook or maybe both. Today, I couldn't withstand anymore, I shot myself a PB 64 GB + Journal Case + Rapid Charging Pod + Convertible Case on ebay for only 230. In my opinion an all-round carefree package for a newbie like me. Hopefully I will embrace it before my studies start on Monday. I'm soooooo excited!!!! this is going to be the loooongest weekend in my life.
    09-26-12 02:17 PM
    you will like it!
    09-26-12 02:25 PM
    congrats! at first I was saying to everyone that I don't need a tablet, but now that I have my playbook I can't get out without it!~
    09-26-12 02:30 PM
    Awsome news!! You should love all that memory, I also have the 64 model and I couldn't live without it!
    09-26-12 02:35 PM
    Well done...my wife now refers to my playbook as a certain kind of male physical extension! lol! I can't do anything without it! Perfect for studies - just remember to actually study with it, don't record classes & watch YouTube! lol
    09-26-12 02:43 PM
    Excellent choice! Congrats. Don't forget to read the PB newbie stickies, especially for Tips and Tricks. The 2.0 guide is great too. Enjoy!
    09-26-12 02:44 PM
    Congrats. Hope it meets all your expectations and you enjoy it.
    09-26-12 02:56 PM
    Hi folks,

I'm following the proceedings in this forum for a few months now. I have been struggling whether I should buy a Bold 9900 or a Playbook or maybe both. Today, I couldn't withstand anymore, I shot myself a PB 64 GB + Journal Case + Rapid Charging Pod + Convertible Case on ebay for only 230. In my opinion an all-round carefree package for a newbie like me. Hopefully I will embrace it before my studies start on Monday. I'm soooooo excited!!!! this is going to be the loooongest weekend in my life.
    You will absolutely love it. I take mine with me just about everywhere I go. We were going to a Bull Roast with friends the other night, and I overheard my wife talking to our youngest, "I can't believe he's not bringing his PlayBook!".
    09-26-12 03:09 PM
    Hi folks,

I'd recommend picking up the Bold 99xx too! I am rocking the 32 GB PB and Bold 9900 (ATT). There may never be a better pair of devices...that is until BB10 comes out.

Congrats on your purchase.
    09-26-12 03:13 PM
    I'd recommend picking up the Bold 99xx too! I am rocking the 32 GB PB and Bold 9900 (ATT). There may never be a better pair of devices...that is until BB10 comes out.

Congrats on your purchase.

You will not believe it but I Do not even have my Playbook and I'm already thinking about combining my Playbook with a 9900.
    09-26-12 03:24 PM
    Enjoy your new Playbook when it arrives
    09-26-12 03:24 PM
    Having a BB9900 paired with the Playbook is amazing. The bridge features put the PB in a class on it's own. I use it everyday. Make sure you download the crackberry forums app!
    09-26-12 03:43 PM
    YEEEESSS, what a great day!!! I just have got my Playbook by mail. It is in absolute mint condition, even the cable straps are in the box. Ohh just one more thing before I turn towards the setup process is there TapaTalk available for Playbook?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-01-12 08:29 AM
    YEEEESSS, what a great day!!! I just have got my Playbook by mail. It is in absolute mint condition, even the cable straps are in the box. Ohh just one more thing before I turn towards the setup process is there TapaTalk available for Playbook?
    Great enjoy it. There's a specific tapatalk for Crackberry and it is free. I'd never used it before acquiring the Crackberry one - nice - it was very handy when I was out of town.
    10-01-12 09:01 AM
    I probably facing my first hardware issue. The case bulges slightly on the back side exactly where the Blackberry logo is engraved. Is this normal or is there something wrong, because it has got pretty warm, not extraordinary, but exactly where the engraving sits, during the time charging it.
    10-01-12 09:14 AM
    I am BB PB 32gig paired with a BB Torch 9800 3G and WiFi and I love the connectivity and speed for both tethering and bridging - so you can't go wrong with any Bb Bold or Torch model as long as the 3G/4G cellular is there.....is the buldge pronounced enough that when laying flat not inside a case, tht the unit will rock?
    10-01-12 09:18 AM
    Mine's had the bulge since the day I bought it, no big deal. Gets a bit warm when charging as well, but I really don't notice it, it's wearing a BlackBerry soft shell case.

Enjoy your PlayBook, I love mine.
    10-01-12 09:24 AM
    Mine has a very slight bulge around the logo (maybe 1-1.5mm tops). Probably more a moulding thing do do with the logo impression, plus it lessens the contact of the rest of the back with a surface.
    10-01-12 09:43 AM
    I have had the same issue with the bulge in the back of the playbook. Happy that this is a common thing and not a problem. mine was definately flat when I bought it 2 weeks ago. it used to sit flat on a table whereas now it wobbles. Gets a bit warm too.
    10-01-12 09:53 AM
    Use with caution!

There's a thread where a guy used a hair dryer to apply heat (not too much) to that area and pressed the bulge flat and allowed to cool - he reported that it has remained flat.
    10-01-12 09:53 AM
    I have. 2 both came from. Office depot and went to there website to order 2 more yesterday and it tells me that due to lack of inventory I couldn't save it to my cart but gave me a list of stores that have it in stock. WTH. My kids won't put ours down playing games and watching flix. We got to do something fast , lol
    My son is 2 and has mastered angry birds and the playbook OS
    Last edited by boss_hog; 10-01-12 at 01:08 PM.
    10-01-12 01:02 PM
    I probably facing my first hardware issue. The case bulges slightly on the back side exactly where the Blackberry logo is engraved. Is this normal or is there something wrong, because it has got pretty warm, not extraordinary, but exactly where the engraving sits, during the time charging it.
    Congratulations Silk.
    Hope your new playbook is running like...well like silk.
    Did you get the bulge thing worked out?
    Let us know what you think of your pb so far
    10-01-12 01:27 PM
    I bought two more on the weekend from The Source. The 32 gig was $149.00 and the 64 gig was $199.00 plus a free BB leather portfolio case. The 32 gig is for my ifan son, I'm not sure what he'll think as anything without an i is considered junk by him. Too bad, I get to choose his birthday present.
    The 64 gig was for my youngest son, he's BB all the way, loves his phone and loved his 32gig Playbook, but it was stolen out of his car....poor kid was lost without it...he's now back up and running with his 64 gig.
    esk369 likes this.
    10-01-12 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD