Iz it the one on the left or the one on the right?
    Your the one on the right. I am the one on the left because I'm always in the dark (aka mushroom).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-12-13 02:39 PM
    Your the one on the right. I am the one on the left because I'm always in the dark (aka mushroom).
    Doez I takes it that I didn't get cruited? Oh woe iz meez. Can't even get an interwiewedes for a free jobs.........oh I iz packin my guitars and goin to cruizes routes 66's wiv dem roots iz.
    11-12-13 02:56 PM
    Oooo I likes aiming at fings I doez but I doeznt nows wot IMHO meens so I won't doez any taskes. No no not bing bassador thingy they is strange persons. They iz stranger than my gole in lives them iz moderators. But the Kat got me in trouble again so I as to make my own orangy type thingy myselvesed.
    But under the convention of Vienna Ambassadors have full diplomatic immunity AFAIK.
    How this translates to this site is. however, unclear to me.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-12-13 03:06 PM
    Doez I takes it that I didn't get cruited? Oh woe iz meez. Can't even get an interwiewedes for a free jobs.........oh I iz packin my guitars and goin to cruizes routes 66's wiv dem roots iz.
    I told you that I could find you a place but it doesn't pay. All you will get is college credits and a diploma if they can read your essays. we may have to enroll you in the ABLE program first.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-12-13 03:07 PM
    I told you that I could find you a place but it doesn't pay. All you will get is college credits and a diploma if they can read your essays. we may have to enroll you in the ABLE program first.
    Wots an essays thingy?
    dphjeff likes this.
    11-12-13 03:12 PM
    Wots an essays thingy?
    Spanish word?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-12-13 03:31 PM
    Spanish word?
    Don't confuse him. It's not Spanish, it's just part of the English he hasn't learned yet... (No shame in that, we can't all be native speakers...)
    11-12-13 03:36 PM
    Don't confuse him. It's not Spanish, it's just part of the English he hasn't learned yet... (No shame in that, we can't all be native speakers...)
    I woods haz learned that wordy if theyz had made me bekum a moderator. I iz wood be willing to go back to skool az well to learned more.....
    11-12-13 03:47 PM
    Not to downplay the importance of those who fought in WW1 and WW2, but the specific outcome of WW1 shaped the things that came after. Hitler was, to put it into a nutshell, a product of WW1. If WW1 had ended differently, we'd be living in a completely different world anyhow (but it probably wouldn't be better or worse, but very similar: history has a tendency to even things out). But the same goes for any other event in history, obviously.
    Ever thought about the outcome of either of those wars if Lee had won at Gettysburg? The South had a delegation on its way to sue for peace. The USA and the CSA might not have joined the WW1 effort and Europe might look very different now.

Of course if The 300 Spartans had not stopped the Persians there would be a different world also. Many places to change history....
    Like what if SOM becomes a moderator, or not.... What will become of the world ???
    Last edited by dazzleaj; 11-12-13 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Forgot the most important "what if"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-12-13 10:53 PM
    Ever thought about the outcome of either of those wars if Lee had won at Gettysburg? The South had a delegation on its way to sue for peace. The USA and the CSA might not have joined the WW1 effort and Europe might look very different now.

Of course if The 300 Spartans had not stopped the Persians there would be a different world also. Many places to change history....
    Like what if SOM becomes a moderator, or not.... What will become of the world ???
    My poorly executed point (slightly better worded after sad_old_man's first "Wot?) was that you cannot see fighting in WW1 as part of the drive to stop Hitler as his rise was a direct consequence of how that war played out.
    dazzleaj and sad_old_man like this.
    11-13-13 01:43 AM
    You kids sad again?
    Kiss kiss SOM

Posted via BlackBerry Q5
    11-13-13 03:16 AM
    My poorly executed point (slightly better worded after sad_old_man's first "Wot?) was that you cannot see fighting in WW1 as part of the drive to stop Hitler as his rise was a direct consequence of how that war played out.
    This i understand. Interestingly though, a friend of mine and I had discussed the impact of the civil war on WWII just a few days ago. We had not speculated about the impact of SOM's moderatorship on world events however
    11-13-13 06:25 AM
    This i understand. Interestingly though, a friend of mine and I had discussed the impact of the civil war on WWII just a few days ago. We had not speculated about the impact of SOM's moderatorship on world events however
    I iz wood be the bestest one in the world's I woods.
    11-13-13 06:33 AM
    Oversimplification? Calling both World War One and World War Two both a World War and leave it at that did them both a disservice, as they frankly had not much in common other than the more or less global scale they were fought in.
    Stupidly, I was trying to avoid conversation/argument/controversy around Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf war, etc. etc. etc.
    However my point was that many young men's lives were lost in these wars and many more after, and regardless of whether you agree with the politics or not, these young men did in fact give their lives.
    11-13-13 12:28 PM
    We will all be wondering what will happen if SOM becomes a mod. BTW: about the 6,635 global posts that SOM has...are they all harassment posts???
    11-13-13 12:37 PM
    We will all be wondering what will happen if SOM becomes a mod. BTW: about the 6,635 global posts that SOM has...are they all harassment posts???
    Wot?
    castoridae, dphjeff and dazzleaj like this.
    11-13-13 01:00 PM
    Stupidly, I was trying to avoid conversation/argument/controversy around Korean War, Vietnam War, Gulf war, etc. etc. etc.
    However my point was that many young men's lives were lost in these wars and many more after, and regardless of whether you agree with the politics or not, these young men did in fact give their lives.
    If you take away the politics on either side, obviously, you end up with two sides dying for grand - or so they were told - causes. History however is always written by the victor, automatically downplaying the causes of those who lost.
    11-13-13 01:10 PM
    Harassment would seem too strong of a word. That is why sad_old_man might qualify as a mod and you don't: you tend to exaggarate
    11-13-13 01:12 PM
    Harassment would seem too strong of a word. That is why sad_old_man might qualify as a mod and you don't: you tend to exaggarate
    How can you possibly call a 6 ft beaver with 10 in teeth an entity that exaggerates??
    11-13-13 01:19 PM
    If you take away the politics on either side, obviously, you end up with two sides dying for grand - or so they were told - causes. History however is always written by the victor, automatically downplaying the causes of those who lost.
    My understanding was that Rememberance Day was to remember those we had lost.
    11-13-13 01:20 PM
    How can you possibly call a 6 ft beaver with 10 in teeth an entity that exaggerates??
    I never said I was qualified
    11-13-13 01:21 PM
    My understanding was that Rememberance Day was to remember those we had lost.
    Correct, I was just taking the point one step further: everyone who died in a war has some right to be remembered.
    11-13-13 01:24 PM
    Ya cants beet that cans youz. A six foot beaver wiv 10in teef pontificating bout political history wiv a cannibals. Oh yes life has turned full circle finally!
    11-13-13 01:55 PM
    I never said I was qualified
    You iz just a unqualifyed edificasional cannibal and I iz just a unqualifyed unedificasional unloved unwanted un moderator pilot?

dphjeff and dazzleaj like this.
    11-13-13 02:11 PM
    You iz just a unqualifyed edificasional cannibal and I iz just a unqualifyed unedificasional unloved unwanted un moderator pilot?

When Oh, when will the leprechaun learn the difference between a pic and a vid ?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    11-13-13 03:09 PM
410 ... 1213141516 ...