04-25-13 02:47 PM
39 12
tools
    I still love and use my Playbook everyday even though I have a laptop sitting here and also a Galaxy Note 2 phone which has a big screen. The only gripe I have with it is how it handles Facebook on the browser. Other than that, it is a pleasure to use. I still find myself swiping my phone everyday forgetting it is not the Playbook. I still find the hardware after 2 years relevant and it certainly is better than many tablets that are out there in the marketplace to this day.
    04-18-13 06:22 AM
    Who is this beginner guy. What makes the tablet garbage cuz I'm confused cuz my PlayBook pretty much replaces my downed laptop right now. I think your in the wrong place son! Outta here son! And keep your silly articles that mean nothing to yourself

Posted via CB10
    04-18-13 06:50 AM
    Beginner09

My PlayBook Still Surprises Me!-clumabf.jpg
    BigFelter and axllebeer like this.
    04-19-13 04:49 AM
    Guys, here is the story that had a small snip posted earlier in this thread. I laughed so hard the first time I read it. If I understand his logic he claims that fewer than 6 months after its initial release, RIM lost 1.5 billion making 2.5 million Playbooks. That's $600 per tablet, a number I believe is higher than retail. There is so much wrong with his numbers (and from where he gets his numbers) I don't know where to start.

PlayBook writeoff means RIM's tablet has been a $1.5bn mistake | Technology | guardian.co.uk

I absolutely love my PB, we use them at our manufacturing facility every day and we are looking to adding to our "fleet".
    Techno-Emigre likes this.
    04-19-13 05:56 AM
    Who is this beginner guy. What makes the tablet garbage cuz I'm confused cuz my PlayBook pretty much replaces my downed laptop right now. I think your in the wrong place son! Outta here son! And keep your silly articles that mean nothing to yourself

Posted via CB10
    He's a troll that was recently proven to be a liar by someone taking a look at his posts, where he made several contradictory statements. First, he said he bought the Z10 for $139. When he was told to take it back, he said he couldn't because it was a work phone. Don't feed him.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:48 PM
    I don't think Instagram is working any more, at least its very difficult to set up an account unless someone found a work around. I tried it with the Droid emulator.
    You can use Blue stacks to set up an account.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:50 PM
    Is this thread a joke? the Playbook is the worst tablet out there.

"The PlayBook is beginning to look like the worst and most expensive decision that RIM, the maker of the BlackBerry smartphone, ever made.

Not only that: preliminary results issued by the company on Friday indicate that it is struggling to maintain pricing of its flagship phones, even though the new devices introduced last quarter were meant to push that pricing up.

The company announced on Friday that it is writing down the value of unsold PlayBook tablets in its warehouses by $485m, which will be taken as a charge against its pre-tax profits for the third quarter which ended in November."
    Enter the ***** moron troll.... I knew it wouldn't take long.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 01:53 PM
    But who knows, it might also lead to a "streamlined" Bridge - that is a CRIPPLED Bridge without the functions now available on OS7 and lesser OS bb devices.
    I think it may improve Bridge, primarily for connecting to other QBerrys, but maybe to JavaBerrys also. I believe the reason why QBerry's Bridge is crap is because they are still working on bridge software for QNX. when Q4PB comes out I expect they will update Bridge with a more useful version, possibly with features such as contact sync and (potentially) sharing applications (so you can use your PlayBook to run apps installed on your Z10, or offload some of you PlayBook's application execution to the Z10).

f course, this is all theoretical. But I believe it should be as complete as JavaBerry to PBOS bridge.
    04-20-13 02:07 PM
    I have to admit that in spite of those lacking things and being seem to be forgotten, my PlayBook still surprise me... the way BlackBerry is surprise for finding out that we are still here waiting for BB10 to be rolled out to our PlayBook...

Life is really full of surprises!

Posted via Z10
    04-22-13 09:22 AM
    It still surprise me too
    Today i'm surprised that the facebook issue is yet to solve
    04-22-13 06:12 PM
    The "worst tablet out there"??? So you've tried every tablet on the market? Even the Coby tablets? Gotta love those blanket statements

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I had a cheap-o Coby tab before the PlayBook was released. Then I gave it to a friend. The flocker completely died in 2 months. My PlayBook is still going strong though after 2 yrs . Just ordered a OEM mini keyboard case for it. I'm so excited!
    04-23-13 12:54 AM
    I originally got the Playbook as it was a very cheap 8" tablet that I could test my websites responsive templates with. I have used iPads V1 and Mini and own a 10" Jelly Bean tablet and now use the Playbook extensively for book reading, e-mail and browsing. The quality is amazing considering the costs and comparing alternatives. What really impresses me is the Playbook OS with it's original GUI that beats the other tablets hands down and who wishes the swipe up and down features were on Android and Apple - bet they do!
    BigFelter and ruben1975 like this.
    04-23-13 07:17 AM
    Here's what I posted in another thread last evening:

" Using ES: While I got to the usb-connected hard drive hanging off my router, I'm still trying to get to my 9930.

Success - Berlioz Sym Fantastique! It appears all of the tracks I selected are open in the Now Playing List in ES

I followed the same navigation upward I used in Ghost till I saw Blackberry (the phone) and navigated to my music and a folder.

edited to add: still on the first track but there's even a Red Notification corner and when tapped, it shows the track I'm playing. Sometimes the pb does amaze me! (back in 4 minutes to see if it moves on to the next track)

further edited to add: Now on track 2. So I would say that I can access an OS7 device using ES (sideloaded) on my pb and play multiple tracks. Whether this holds true for the z10, I can't say but hopefully, you'll let us know.

And thanks, I have not listened to Berlioz in quite a while.

"

So rather than "surprise" I used "amaze" to describe the pb!

But there are still aspects of the "Playbok" that also still disappoint me.
    04-23-13 09:24 AM
    What is it with people and the playbook.
    Or with blackberry in general.
    The PlayBook is a great tablet. But there is marketing, image, user purpose etc. It is all about apps and gaming
    The App hype took over the core function of a phone or tablet. People do not see how great the. PlayBook does its jop on multitasking and doing things right.
    It is a negative sentiment (sometimes on purposely see??) about BB. I don't know why.
    04-25-13 02:47 PM
39 12