Got home last night and after getting very annoyed trying to get flixster to stream an ultraviolet digital film on a cheapy android, thought i'd give it a go on the playbook.

Well, went to the flixster website - logged in and voila watched 'The DarklKnight Rises' no problem - all through the browser.

As an added bonus - I could even hear the sound through my PB's superb speakers while I did the cooking

This peice of kit is still rocking, so once again BBRY get your collective a**es in gear and give it some love.
    04-16-13 02:29 AM
    I agree, got two android tablets, two ipads and two playbooks in our house and always use the playbook, leaves the others for dead imo!
    Give it some lovin' RIM!!!
    PatrickMJS and BlackberryPig like this.
    04-16-13 07:28 AM
    Same here. I prefer reading the news on my PB over my Nexus 7 because its screen is brighter and has better contrast. The Nexus 7's screen has a higher resolution but is dimmer and more washed out.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-16-13 07:54 AM
    PB for the win
    04-16-13 08:26 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me how good the PB is. No other piece of tech I have owned has still been relevant after two years! And soon we get the gift of a new tablet for free a la BB10. What other company does that?
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-16-13 10:05 PM
    What does BB10 bring to the table?
    04-17-13 01:49 AM
    What does BB10 bring to the table?
    Potentially, emphasis on POTENTIALLY, the various apps that have recently been created for the bb10 devices. That along with the supposedly peppier Browser. But who knows, it might also lead to a "streamlined" Bridge - that is a CRIPPLED Bridge without the functions now available on OS7 and lesser OS bb devices.

It will, for sure, invigorate conversations on Crackberry about what it "brought to the table!"
    Ben1232 likes this.
    04-17-13 08:33 AM
    Potentially, emphasis on POTENTIALLY, the various apps that have recently been created for the bb10 devices. That along with the supposedly peppier Browser. But who knows, it might also lead to a "streamlined" Bridge - that is a CRIPPLED Bridge without the functions now available on OS7 and lesser OS bb devices.

It will, for sure, invigorate conversations on Crackberry about what it "brought to the table!"
    Are there any good apps currently on BB10 that are especially essential? Or new games?
    04-17-13 11:17 AM
    Are there any good apps currently on BB10 that are especially essential? Or new games?
    They are generally trumpeted on the Crackberry Homepage. Since I don't have a z10 or bb10 device, I really can't answer. I don't think any of the blockbusters (netflix, skype or kindle) have made it yet.
    04-17-13 11:50 AM
    They are generally trumpeted on the Crackberry Homepage. Since I don't have a z10 or bb10 device, I really can't answer. I don't think any of the blockbusters (netflix, skype or kindle) have made it yet.
    kindle is on BB10 now, also netflix and instagram can be sideloaded
    04-17-13 12:18 PM
    Is this thread a joke? the Playbook is the worst tablet out there.

"The PlayBook is beginning to look like the worst and most expensive decision that RIM, the maker of the BlackBerry smartphone, ever made.

Not only that: preliminary results issued by the company on Friday indicate that it is struggling to maintain pricing of its flagship phones, even though the new devices introduced last quarter were meant to push that pricing up.

The company announced on Friday that it is writing down the value of unsold PlayBook tablets in its warehouses by $485m, which will be taken as a charge against its pre-tax profits for the third quarter which ended in November."
    04-17-13 12:23 PM
    Yo beginner' .... how about including the link to the source of your excerpt !!

Which would potentionally add some cred' to what ya flashed . . . .

imho !
    04-17-13 01:12 PM

"The PlayBook is beginning to look like the worst and most expensive decision that RIM, the maker of the BlackBerry smartphone, ever made.

Not only that: preliminary results issued by the company on Friday indicate that it is struggling to maintain pricing of its flagship phones, even though the new devices introduced last quarter were meant to push that pricing up.

The company announced on Friday that it is writing down the value of unsold PlayBook tablets in its warehouses by $485m, which will be taken as a charge against its pre-tax profits for the third quarter which ended in November."
    The "worst tablet out there"??? So you've tried every tablet on the market? Even the Coby tablets? Gotta love those blanket statements

Posted via CB10
    Affableaardvark likes this.
    04-17-13 01:25 PM
    Love mine!!!! Prefer it over using my wife's nexus 10.

Ideal size for on-line reading. The "hub" is great allowing me to see all my email accounts from one area.
    04-17-13 01:26 PM
    I think beginer.... is citing some very old article although, the pb did not do well in the market as we are all aware. That does not make it the worst by any means.
    ruben1975 likes this.
    04-17-13 01:54 PM
    Hey, I have had a PlayBook for over a year now. I use it every single day!!! Even though I have a Z10, I still use it every single day. The PlayBook kicks ****. It has a central hub like the Z10, where I get all my accounts. I have 4 of the newest movies out in HD installed so I can watch any time I want, and HDMI to watch a movie on full screen. It also takes HD video! I have it mapped on my PC, and I can drag n drop files to /from. On the road, I use it's music player w/earphones instead of my car stereo because it too kicks ****, Nuetron player w/equalizer. The screen is awesome. I could go on and on but I will stop there. Before you trash it, you should try it. Otherwise, mute yourself, how uncouth.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    04-17-13 02:07 PM
    Note that he has removed his comment.
    04-17-13 02:09 PM
    Not the worst tablet out there, but it lacks in quite a few areas. Sure you can use the browser for some of the missing apps, but the browser is slow and requires shutting off java which in turn disables some useful website features.

I would like to have the dual speakers on the front and true multi-tasking like the PB in other tablets, but that pretty much is it for me. These 2 are the good features by my needs that only a few rare tablets have. PB is the only tablet I have, but I will looking into either Nexus 10 or Ipad for the future.
    04-17-13 02:11 PM

Please note the apple mobilenations site is imore.com

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Support your local paramedics...Run with scissors.
    04-17-13 02:26 PM

this info is over a year old,,, stop rehashing old bs, get a playbook & actually use it...
    04-17-13 02:28 PM
    kindle is on BB10 now, also netflix and instagram can be sideloaded
    I don't think Instagram is working any more, at least its very difficult to set up an account unless someone found a work around. I tried it with the Droid emulator.
    04-17-13 02:31 PM

That's odd, because I own a 16gb playbook bought Oct 2011 and I would love to get a 64gb. If PlayBooks are collecting dust on a warehouse, I will buy one. They are hard to find.
    04-17-13 02:36 PM
    I agree, got two android tablets, two ipads and two playbooks in our house and always use the playbook, leaves the others for dead imo!
    Give it some lovin' RIM!!!
    I have a nexus 7, a nexus 10, an ipad 1 ipad 2, an ipad 4, 2 galaxy tab and one playbook
    but i only use the playbook
    others gettin dust
    04-17-13 02:50 PM
    My playbook surprises me in that it hasn't run away due to neglect.
    tour_ism likes this.
    04-17-13 06:23 PM
    The thing about the playbook ( well QNX os ) is this : it's just so easy to use and it can do a lot at the same time. After all i can browse the web while listening to music and have real time email alerts and switching between open apps is seamless.

Lack of 'flagship' apps is always cited when talking about the playbook but i've never really found anything missing, but, this is firmly BBRY's fault for not offering inducements to developers or having their own inhouse conversions team ( which seems to me to be a pretty good money spinner )

I'd actualy like to see BBRY port the OS to a current generation 9.7 quad core tablet to see how that would perform - cos i'd buy that straight away but as usual they seem to be dragging their sorry a**es on anything other than phones.
    04-18-13 02:56 AM
39 12