I was online just looking at Pinterest when the screen froze. I was actually able to x out of the screen but the "browser" icon stayed dim. I then could not do anything. I tried to hit the battery icon to just see if I could turn it off, but no. I hit the on/off button - no response. I thought well maybe I'll hook it up to my fast charger and see what happens. Nothing. I'm finding it hard to stay loyal, there have been a lot of "little" problems. Any ideas or help out there?
    01-08-14 07:19 PM
    Have you tried holding the power button down for 20 - 30 seconds?
    berrypicker1619 likes this.
    01-08-14 07:32 PM
    To preform a Hard Rest on a Playbook you need to hold both the, Power button and the Volume Up button down for maybe up to 20 seconds. This should resolve your problem.
    I hope this helps
    berrypicker1619 likes this.
    01-08-14 07:51 PM
    I was online just looking at Pinterest when the screen froze. I was actually able to x out of the screen but the "browser" icon stayed dim. I then could not do anything. I tried to hit the battery icon to just see if I could turn it off, but no. I hit the on/off button - no response. I thought well maybe I'll hook it up to my fast charger and see what happens. Nothing. I'm finding it hard to stay loyal, there have been a lot of "little" problems. Any ideas or help out there?
    Call Customer Support .
    01-09-14 12:39 AM
    Do three finger reset. Hold power button and both volume buttons down for a few seconds until the PB turns off and reboots. This clears temporary registers which may be the source of problems. If you hear a click you took a picture and need to try again. If you keep having problems use Advanced App Manager to check and kill bad programs.
    01-09-14 01:53 AM
    3 finger reset is unnecessary,,, you only need to hold the power & vol + buttons,,, that 3 finger thing doesn't do anything but knot up your fingers...
    inspector6 likes this.
    01-11-14 08:58 AM
    Ditto to doing a reset. If it is on then it isn't dead. And actually you probably only need to hold the power button until it shuts off, then turn it on again.
    01-11-14 09:08 AM
    I have two Playbooks. One has been sitting for several months. I charged it for 24 hours and it will not turn on.
    When I press the power button a red light comes on, then blinks white five times and ..... nothing.
    I've tried the power button + volumn increase button solution and ...... nothing. The fact that the red light comes on leads me to believe it's not totally dead.
    I would appreciate a solution.
    01-17-14 11:08 AM
    I have two Playbooks. One has been sitting for several months. I charged it for 24 hours and it will not turn on.
    When I press the power button a red light comes on, then blinks white five times and ..... nothing.
    I've tried the power button + volumn increase button solution and ...... nothing. The fact that the red light comes on leads me to believe it's not totally dead.
    I would appreciate a solution.
    Search for stack charging but use a power strip and the button on it instead plug in, unplug.
    01-17-14 11:44 AM
    I had to power stack my PlayBook about a year ago. It took for ever but because it completely drained the battery the power level was to low to allow it to power up the regular way. I found my batter was a little faster to discharge after that but I was glad it still worked. And it still works today but with about 4 hrs of battery life.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 11:13 PM
    I don't understand the term 'power stacking'.
    Update - While attempting to charge, the battery icon with the lightning bolt apeared. I left it charging for another 12 hours. Again, nothing. The red light appears and is replaced by a blinking 'white/multcolored' light that blinks five times and goes out. I've held doen the power button + volumn buttons, both + and -. Nothing. The fact that the battery icon and lightning bolt appears means ???
    01-20-14 11:49 AM
    Power Stacking: putting little bits of power back into a batter that can't do it the regular way because it was allowed to discharge more than it should. The PlayBook batter will take a small charge when the red light comes on and once you make the red light come on about 70 times you will have charged the battery enough to allow the PlayBook to start normally and start to charge normally again. When the red light is off the charging stops. As posted before, use a power bar so you don't have to unplug the micro use port a lot which could further damage the PlayBook. I hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:30 PM
    01-22-14 03:19 AM
    Responding to both you and Inspector 6 - When I plug the Playbook in, the red light comes on for 17 seconds. Then it goes off and the battery with lightning bolt comes on for five seconds. Then about 7 seconds later, the red light comes on and repeats the 17 seconds on then lightning bolt. It does that continuously. I left it plugged in overnight and it was doing the same process the next morning. The playbook was very warm so I unplugged it.
    I went through the stacking procedure, leaving the red light on for 15 seconds and if it went to 17 seconds, the playbook would turn off at 17 seconds and repeat the battery and lighning bolt procedure. It seems to have a mind of it's own and I am stymied. ???
    01-29-14 11:07 AM
    day by day it sounds like the playbooks are dropping like flies. Maybe that last update that didn't update anything was just a way for Rimberry to kill off us disgruntled device owners.

I wonder how long the rest will last
    01-29-14 11:27 AM
    Shoot my 64 GB playbook is standing strong and I use it daily. Do y'all let your pb's sit around too long without using them. Maybe they are dying from lack of attention and jealousy towards you new BB1 phones.

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    01-29-14 11:34 AM
    Responding to both you and Inspector 6 - When I plug the Playbook in, the red light comes on for 17 seconds. Then it goes off and the battery with lightning bolt comes on for five seconds. Then about 7 seconds later, the red light comes on and repeats the 17 seconds on then lightning bolt. It does that continuously. I left it plugged in overnight and it was doing the same process the next morning. The playbook was very warm so I unplugged it.
    I went through the stacking procedure, leaving the red light on for 15 seconds and if it went to 17 seconds, the playbook would turn off at 17 seconds and repeat the battery and lighning bolt procedure. It seems to have a mind of it's own and I am stymied. ???
    Read KB27705 and see if this helps.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl
    01-29-14 12:30 PM
    I left my Playbook plugged in for over a week. Throughout this period the red light would come on for approximately 17 seconds, then goes off and the battery with lightening bolt comes on for about 12 seconds,then the red ligh starts the process over. The fact that THIS happens so long on a recuring basis leads me to believe there is SOME battery life, but unfortunately not enough to get enough charge to start it on it's own. What does it take to get a replacement battery? I'm located in Germany.
    03-02-14 01:58 PM
    I left my Playbook plugged in for over a week. Throughout this period the red light would come on for approximately 17 seconds, then goes off and the battery with lightening bolt comes on for about 12 seconds,then the red ligh starts the process over. The fact that THIS happens so long on a recuring basis leads me to believe there is SOME battery life, but unfortunately not enough to get enough charge to start it on it's own. What does it take to get a replacement battery? I'm located in Germany.
    Mines does the same thing. The only difference is, mines would boot with all the colors and BlackBerry PlayBook typed across the screen. As its about to load the screen with icons, it shuts down and repeat the same actions. I'm now trying it with a Z30 charger. Same results so far.

The Most Interesting Device In The World, BBZ30! Keep Moving My Friends
    03-02-14 02:04 PM