Hey guys hope you can help me with my situation here. I use my playbook as a HBO go hub since I don't have cable in my room. I just control it with my Z10. One day I went to turn it on and my TV no longer shows the playbook screen. The playbook says it is connected to Hdmi as it has the indicator up top and won't play any sound. When I plug in my z10 into the same cord it works fine. Any ideas???? Is the playbook finally dead to me???

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:20 AM
    Turn up the volume on the Playbook?
    Hey guys hope you can help me with my situation here. I use my playbook as a HBO go hub since I don't have cable in my room. I just control it with my Z10. One day I went to turn it on and my TV no longer shows the playbook screen. The playbook says it is connected to Hdmi as it has the indicator up top and won't play any sound. When I plug in my z10 into the same cord it works fine. Any ideas???? Is the playbook finally dead to me???

Posted via CB10
    09-10-13 01:40 AM
    I'd try it on another set before declaring it dead.

If it is hardware, and you are out of warranty, you could find a 16GB PlayBook pretty cheap, I'm sure.
    FF22 and Carl Estes like this.
    09-10-13 01:41 AM
    You may have already restarted it:

To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-10-13 08:56 AM
    It is unconscionable that so, so many people - including me - have had HDMI issues with their Playbooks yet BBerry's only response is "out of warranty/out of luck." They made the damn product...it's obvious there's a systemic problem with their HDMI (probably a hardware issue)...they really need to man up and be responsible for it...warranty or no. This is bush league and petty and not worthy of what they're trying to portray with their "rejuvinated" brand. Come on, Bberry...you know you have a problem. Man up.
    09-11-13 08:03 PM
    I'd try it on another set before declaring it dead.

If it is hardware, and you are out of warranty, you could find a 16GB PlayBook pretty cheap, I'm sure.
    Did your PB HDMI work on another tv? Do you have acess to another PB to try item substitution to troubleshoot where the issue is?

c
    09-12-13 09:09 AM