Lots of people complain about not being able to use Netflix, Hulu, etc., on their Playbook. I have about 2000 songs on my Playbook so when I'm not in Wifi range, I still have plenty of music to listen to. For video, I loaded Office Space, Borat, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, The Dark Knight, and Avatar on my Playbook. These are all films that I find that I can watch over and over.

What movies do you consider 'must haves' on your Playbook that can be viewed over and over? If you own a 16gb version, space is precious, so they must be true classics.Lots
    09-04-11 03:59 PM
    Obviously The Expendables! Basically the greatest motion picture of all time. Seriously though you gotta add some western, Unforgiven would be one for me. Shawshank if you want a drama. Throw me genres I'll throw you movies.
    09-04-11 04:09 PM
    Transformers nice on the playbook
    jdiaz108 likes this.
    09-04-11 04:10 PM
    09-04-11 04:14 PM
    where do you download movies?
    09-04-11 04:20 PM
    For movies and tv shows I just use the other streaming sites. I never used hulu until I got the PB and then I used it once or twice to see if it worked and afterward I continued to use the sites I normally use. I'm not sure what the big deal about hulu or netflix is. If you know where to look you can find a lot more content that streams just as well and with less ads. But of course those sites I use probably aren't legitimate since I routinely watch movies on them that are still playing in theaters (for better quality movies wait for the day they come out on DVD) and TV show episodes pop up an hour after they have aired.

I'm sure its illegal to host the content these sites host. But I've yet to ever hear of anyone getting in trouble for watching a streaming video. So meh I'm happy. The only things I download are the things I will actually watch more than once and the movies I want in ultra high quality. Neither comes up much, Streaming is just easier for me.
    Last edited by Witmen; 09-04-11 at 04:38 PM.
    09-04-11 04:26 PM
    the matrix trilogy!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    09-04-11 04:29 PM
    Just put Fast & Furious 1 -5 on my PB. Around 400Mb each (about 480p but that's ok considering I won't hook it up to any HDTV).
    Next is LOTR 1-3, and then if there is some times, I'll put the Harry Potter 1-7b!
    Perhaps then.. I could convince my gf to allow me to upgrade it for a 64Gb version?
    Wish me luck!
    RWD likes this.
    09-04-11 06:02 PM
    i hate harry potter.never even read the entire harry potter book series either.if i really had to put movies on i would put delta force,air force one,jurassic park 1-3,snakes on a plane,indiana jones series,all the anacondas,and more which i can't remember right now.
    09-04-11 06:20 PM
    I've got three movies on there so far...

Apocalypse Now: Redux - 2.2 GB
    Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps - 1.42 GB
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - 2.94 GB

I rip my DVD's using Handbrake (Mac) and manually copy them to the PB. I don't load them through desktop manager. That takes forever (literally).

Plus I got a bunch of music on there. All I can say is I'm glad I got the 64. Always get as much computing power and you can afford, even if you can't afford it.

"There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with [Playbooks] and those who dig." Blondie
    09-04-11 07:25 PM
    American Pie trilogy and Trainspotting reside permanently on mine and I swap in and out of my other 100 plus movies as I see fit...

I just shoved a trumpet in your a**.
    Aren't instruments fun?
    09-04-11 07:53 PM
    whats up . I was wondering if the Wikitude app works on the playbook too ? Do you know ? Do you know ?
    09-04-11 08:53 PM
    If I have to pick only once, for me it would be The Matrix Trilogy HD, Lord of The Rings Trilogy HD and Ninja Assasin... But as I have about 200 HD movies already in My Library, I just shuffle 10 of then on my PB from time to time, as I do also with some TV Series and Anime...
    09-04-11 09:22 PM
    I have Shawn of the Dead, Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, and Scott Pilgrim vs the World currently. Also IMAX Under the Sea and Lego Star Wars The Padawan Menace for the kids. :P
    09-04-11 09:29 PM
    i have prince of persia and tron legacy both 1080p and smallville season 10
    09-04-11 10:05 PM
    Jaws, True Grit (2010), lots of music!
    09-04-11 10:07 PM
    I just stream my favorite Korean dramas on my PB.
    09-04-11 10:09 PM
    I just stream my favorite Korean dramas on my PB.
    korean drama dub with tagalog?lol
    09-04-11 10:21 PM
    I just remember that I have lots of YouTube clips on my SGT. I used to downloaded them using MTube. So now it resides on my PB too!
    Most of it consist of Annoying Orange series, FreddieW, SMOSH, and few music clip of the 'diva' Mariah Carey. LOL
    09-05-11 08:23 AM
    how about some mkv and wmv
    very limited file support does anyone knows why is that please dont tell me its hardware cos I know its not
    09-05-11 10:12 AM
    I have videos i've created on my PB. Works great to show demo reels.

I want to put 80s/90s flicks on mine. Spaceballs, Princess Bride, Naked Gun, TMNT, Robocop, etc.
    09-05-11 02:44 PM
    Young Guns, Top Gun, Star Wars: IV, V, VI, Indiana Jones...am I showing my age! Just bought the 64G at Best Buy $549 on sale, 14 days to return.
    09-05-11 09:57 PM
    how about some mkv and wmv
    very limited file support does anyone knows why is that please dont tell me its hardware cos I know its not
    As with everything Playbook related, there was a twitter from RIM that .mkv support was coming in summer. Ok, you can stop laughing now.
    FF22 and Chrysalis1156 like this.
    09-05-11 10:52 PM
    Scarface hands down the only movie i need!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    09-05-11 11:07 PM
    Seriously though you gotta add some western,
    Yep, that's why I have Blazing Saddles on my PB
    09-05-11 11:46 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD