I have a bold 9650 from verizion as well as a playbook..the blackberry bridge works perfectly.

when I try to tether the two devicesthe the playbook tells me I'm connected to the internet, the phone says modum is enabled however when I try to open apps lile bing maps, weather..ect on the playbook..it says I'm not connected to the internet.

Is there a step I'm missing or somthing turned off and needs to be on for either the phone or playbook?...thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-11 02:44 PM
    Remember, tethering is not bridging.
    08-22-11 02:49 PM
    Remember, tethering is not bridging.
    I know..but it seems you need to be tehered to run those apps

08-22-11 02:52 PM
    bing maps needs internet. I have had a few dropped connections. minmise apps, swipe down from top. tap tethering, check if disconnect is available. if not you are not connected. i don't beleive bing maps will work on bridge browser
    08-22-11 03:08 PM

08-22-11 03:43 PM
    Yesthe disconnect button is highlighted..like I said the playbook says I'm connected to the internet and on the top of my phone it says modum is enabled..but whenever I try to open any apps..it says its no internet...

08-22-11 03:46 PM
    I think some of these apps rely on WIFI and NOT tethering. So they may not work when you try using tethering in place of wifi.
    08-22-11 03:56 PM
    You might be right about that but I can't seem to get anything working on the internet

08-22-11 04:04 PM
    Make sure your phone or Playbook are not connected to a nonfunctioning wifi at the same time. The Playbook will try its wifi connection first then the tethered connection. in the case of the phone, it will share its wifi connection via the tether, before sharing the cellular data. In either case, if you have a connection to a faulty router, you will not get to the cellular data.
    08-22-11 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD