This afternoon I went to turn on my playbook after it had been on the charger all night. I went to turn it on and the usual red LED light flashed and it showed the screen lighting up as it normally does, but now the battery is hot and the screen looks as if it's on, but it shows no sort of picture. I've had it since May and I've enjoyed it so much, but when I first got it, I had to take it back to Best Buy because it wouldn't turn on and they had to open up 3 other one's before we finally found one that would work properly. This is really frustrating to me because I've never had any problems with it since! What could possibly be the cause of the battery staying hot and the screen not coming on at all and what can or should I do about it? I would appreciate as much feedback as possible.
    08-06-12 05:16 PM
    It seems that lot is a bad batch. I would advice you to change your PlayBook either thru Best Buy or RIM by phone
    08-06-12 05:46 PM
    Did you update the OS the other day? Some folks are having a HOT pb as a result.

Press and HOLD the POWER button for 20-30 seconds. Then let it sit for 10 or so seconds. Any change?

Try pressing and hold all three - PowerOn, VolUP and VolDown. Again, let it sit for some odd seconds as there are internal routines before you see the red led.

May Purchase, you have a warranty

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    08-06-12 05:50 PM
    @F2
    Thank you so much, I pressed the power button and held it down for about 12 seconds and it shut off. I waited another 5 seconds and it came right on as usual. I did download the OS update a few days ago and everything was fine. Even when it came on the battery was low, but last night I plugged it into the charger and was watching youtube videos for many hours so maybe I just exhausted the battery. But it's back up and running now! Thanks to you and @flmx for your replies, I was getting worried about my pb
    08-06-12 07:33 PM
    This afternoon I went to turn on my playbook after it had been on the charger all night. I went to turn it on and the usual red LED light flashed and it showed the screen lighting up as it normally does, but now the battery is hot and the screen looks as if it's on, but it shows no sort of picture. I've had it since May and I've enjoyed it so much, but when I first got it, I had to take it back to Best Buy because it wouldn't turn on and they had to open up 3 other one's before we finally found one that would work properly. This is really frustrating to me because I've never had any problems with it since! What could possibly be the cause of the battery staying hot and the screen not coming on at all and what can or should I do about it? I would appreciate as much feedback as possible.
    Try hold down the power button a long time. It the power option Window comes up, shutdown. The turn it on again.
    08-06-12 08:22 PM
    Glad you are back in business.

When I attach mine to my rapid charger, I watch to make sure it is not a false lightning bolt and the voltage increase just a bit. Then I know it really is charging.
    08-06-12 09:23 PM
    Nice! Good thing you didn't run back to best buy after reading the first response! Glad your back up and running. At this point I would be miserable without my PlayBook. It's safe to say that come hello or high water I'm going to have one with me no matter what happens because I'm hooked now AND IM NEVER GOING TO REHAB SO JUST STFU ALREADY
    08-06-12 09:58 PM
    I have the same problem half of the time...

This playbook is everything rolled into 1 - it is fast and slow, it works and doesn't work, it makes me proud to have at the same time frustrated because of the problems it gives.
    08-07-12 01:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD