Old Blue Eyes sang that "If you can make it there (New York) you can make it anywhere". Over the past several days the PlayBook proved that it can make it.

I went back home to visit family and while there I took my PlayBook and put it to a little test. I kept it in my back pocket (can't do that with an iPad) and took some pictures and videos.

So here you go....

The pictures on the West Side Hwy were from my brothers car while he was doing 60mph.

The pictures and videos of the Chicago concert at the Beacon theater in NYC were from the 2nd level lodge.

Whatever doubts I might have had about my PlayBook are all gone after this weekend. In addition the this I took pictures and videos of my old neighborhood in the Bronx and share them at a family gathering on Saturday. I also took pictures and videos at the party and posted them on my Facebook page right from the party. Everyone was amazed to say the least.
    08-23-11 12:54 PM
    Nice pictures!

The camera did well, even in the low light condition it did better than I expected!
    08-23-11 12:58 PM
    Awesome!
    08-23-11 01:01 PM
    Chicago and the PB rock.
    08-23-11 01:13 PM
    Impressive!
    sleepergsr likes this.
    08-23-11 01:13 PM
    Originally from the big Apple (ten minutes from Yankee Stadium so my blood is blue too). Living in Toronto, Canada and going back home this weekend. You've just inspired me. Thanks!!!!!! Great pics (loving the clubhouse pic!).
    08-23-11 01:51 PM
    Originally from the big Apple (ten minutes from Yankee Stadium so my blood is blue too). Living in Toronto, Canada and going back home this weekend. You've just inspired me. Thanks!!!!!! Great pics (loving the clubhouse pic!).
    Here are a few more pictures north of Yankee Stadium.

There's one of the old Loews Paradise movie theater (I lived on the street behind it), the Kingsbridge Armory and a picture from the Grand Concourse going north, that's the old Dollar Savings bank in the backround.
    08-23-11 02:09 PM
    thanks for sharing those awesome videos and photos! I just love my playbook and rarely leave home without it
    08-23-11 03:26 PM
    what setting do you have the camera at? my pics seem to always come out grainy in low light.
    08-23-11 05:19 PM
    those are some gorgeous pics! thanks for sharing
    08-23-11 05:30 PM
    Excellent video and nice pictures. Well done!
    08-23-11 06:16 PM
    what setting do you have the camera at? my pics seem to always come out grainy in low light.
    For pictures: stabilization - on, 16:9, auto

For video: 1080p, auto
    08-23-11 06:35 PM
    Haha..we are polar opposites...kinda freaky.
    I'm originally from Toronto (10 mins from SkyDome), now living in NYC and going back to TO this weekend.

+1 Equally inspired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 08:50 PM
    Old Blue Eyes sang that "If you can make it there (New York) you can make it anywhere". Over the past several days the PlayBook proved that it can make it.

I went back home to visit family and while there I took my PlayBook and put it to a little test. I kept it in my back pocket (can't do that with an iPad) and took some pictures and videos.

So here you go....

The pictures on the West Side Hwy were from my brothers car while he was doing 60mph.

The pictures and videos of the Chicago concert at the Beacon theater in NYC were from the 2nd level lodge.

Whatever doubts I might have had about my PlayBook are all gone after this weekend. In addition the this I took pictures and videos of my old neighborhood in the Bronx and share them at a family gathering on Saturday. I also took pictures and videos at the party and posted them on my Facebook page right from the party. Everyone was amazed to say the least.
    Originally from NY(146th and 7th ave) and haven't been home in 5 years, these pics and vids just made me feel at home, if even for a moment.
    now imma have to take my Playbook home to see if it can make it out of Harlem in one piece, lol.

thanks.
    08-24-11 05:43 AM
    Looks awesome, I live and work in NYC (actually a block down from Radio City). I use my Playbook everyday and I have seen a few around usually 1 or 2 for every 10 iPads, I have seen a bunch of Android tablets but never usually the same one.
    08-24-11 08:00 AM
    As I wrote elsewhere - also from Da Bronx but the other side, between Whitestone and Triboro Bridges. Da Bronx Science was a great commute.
    08-24-11 09:03 AM
    08-24-11 03:53 PM
    I did and was able to connect my PB to the TV in the hotel and watch movies I put on the PB.
    08-24-11 07:34 PM
    Wow, the camera is amazing.
    08-24-11 07:42 PM
    I took some video of the fireworks on the 4th of July, and was amazed at how well they turned out. My biggest issue comes into play at longer distances when I want closer images. I went whale watching recently and got some ok pics, but the video wasn't up to the task. These two pics are zoomed all the way.
    08-28-11 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD