With threads like BlackBerry PlayBook uses mid 2015 on the boards I went up to my room and dusted off my old PlayBook.

It charged right up and runs sluggish but still nice.

Then I started messing around and fell back in like.

This OS is so slick especially it's true gesture based design. Transitions between apparently amazing and I honestly wish BlackBerry 10 had more PlayBook OS in it than we ended up with. This is almost as good as WebOS!

It has a true peek for messages, sliding between apps, the screen quality(great for its age).

Oh and the build quality and sound system! So good!

Honestly my only gripe now is its lack of a BlackBerry 10 keyboard. Origami is almost as good as the BlackBerry 10 browser and the StereoTube app does everything except play in the background.

Thank you to the CrackBerry members here that pointed out StereoTube and Origami Browser. Honestly it's like having a brand new tablet!

It's actually usable for me now and saves me having to bother looking at getting an iPad. I can even use it for work!

Posted via CB10
    Enyigma, dmlis and AllanQuatermain like this.
    12-15-15 10:43 PM
    If only we had stripped OS10...

Nothing like my SE.
    12-15-15 10:55 PM
    Yea but don't forget PlayBook OS does some things better than BlackBerry 10. I especially love the swipe between apps and swipe up to close apps rather than pressing a button.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 07:46 AM
    Anyone want to buy one cheap. It doesn't charge because it sat in a drawer for 2 years lol.
    12-16-15 07:52 AM
    If it's a 4G model I might be interested. I already have the 64Gb WiFi version which I use daily.

OP, try Fast Browser.
    12-16-15 02:47 PM
    Nope. 32 gb wifi
    12-16-15 02:56 PM
    Dagnabbit!
    12-16-15 03:18 PM
    With threads like BlackBerry PlayBook uses mid 2015 on the boards I went up to my room and dusted off my old PlayBook.

It charged right up and runs sluggish but still nice.

Then I started messing around and fell back in like.

This OS is so slick especially it's true gesture based design. Transitions between apparently amazing and I honestly wish BlackBerry 10 had more PlayBook OS in it than we ended up with. This is almost as good as WebOS!

It has a true peek for messages, sliding between apps, the screen quality(great for its age).

Oh and the build quality and sound system! So good!

Honestly my only gripe now is its lack of a BlackBerry 10 keyboard. Origami is almost as good as the BlackBerry 10 browser and the StereoTube app does everything except play in the background.

Thank you to the CrackBerry members here that pointed out StereoTube and Origami Browser. Honestly it's like having a brand new tablet!

It's actually usable for me now and saves me having to bother looking at getting an iPad. I can even use it for work!

Posted via CB10
    I use mine daily for music, some Web browsing. Emails and news. There is a Motorola BT keyboard on amazon I purchased a year ago that works great. It works well with my Zed10 as well.
    Honestly is it is still one of the best tablets out there and a better implementation of the QNX core.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-16-15 03:23 PM
    Totally agree I much prefer the way PlayBook OS runs over BlackBerry 10. This is what I expect when people say gesture based. BlackBerry 10 is slick and I love using it an day Z10 but nothing like this.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-15 05:47 PM
    Absolutely agree. PB tablet OS would be better than bb10 had it developed further. For example, tablet OS at least has flawless landscape mode.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Drenegade; 12-19-15 at 04:39 PM.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-19-15 12:23 PM
    I love the PB and use mine every day. Im dreading the day i will have to replace them. I have two of them.
    12-19-15 03:51 PM
    Still use mine, mainly as a browser love it, no rush to replace it yet 3 years on! Passport manages for app needs and regular browsing.

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    12-23-15 12:30 PM
    Yep still using mine. A 16gig in the car as a music player and bridged to my passport for glancing messages on a big screen legally in the car and a 32gig which I'm on now while my passport is cbarging.
    12-29-15 06:52 PM
    Don't use it every day but often. Tried others but this still does what I need without the annoying android trash.
    12-30-15 12:37 AM
    I agree browser is slow sometimes I reach for my passport and open the website quicker, but still love the PB, especially the OS, it's better than ios and android and some features better than bb10! Like sliding between open apps.

12-30-15 03:19 AM
    Origami Browser is a breeze... :-)

Having a wifi issue right now, does not seem to connect to my Z10 hotspot anymore. Time for a wipe?

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    01-02-16 12:32 AM
    Origami Browser is a breeze... :-)

Having a wifi issue right now, does not seem to connect to my Z10 hotspot anymore. Time for a wipe?

:-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    That's a bit extreme!
    Try rebooting the PlayBook and/or deleting the saved WiFi Hotspot entry on the PlayBook?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 02:13 PM
    I still use mine - mainly for lectures or to stream movies from my media server. I like it for email too. Origami browser works quite well.
    01-02-16 06:50 PM
    May try origami browser if the BlackBerry playbook appworld still has it.

01-18-16 12:59 PM
    I still use mine - mainly for lectures or to stream movies from my media server. I like it for email too. Origami browser works quite well.
    What app on pb do you use to watch stream videos from your server??

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 03:43 PM
    What app on pb do you use to watch stream videos from your server??

Posted via CB10
    KalemSoft Media Player 2.6.0

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 04:31 PM
    I use mine everyday. After sideloading the Kindle app it's my go to book reader. I prefer it over my old Kindle as it can be read in bed without needing a light on. The Kindle has no backlight.
    I have a second one that I use as a photo frame running on a book case in the living room.
    Fire In The Bones likes this.
    01-21-16 06:49 PM
    I have a playbook lying around and was thinking of using it as a photo viewer on a book case. Any recommendation on best apps for this?

Thank you
    05-04-16 09:50 AM
    Photo viewer!, great idea!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-16 07:46 AM
    I'm thinking of using mine as digital photo frame.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 01:57 PM
30 12