Now that Spotify is available for it the households most useless tablet now has a role in the van as "music player", itunes sync & spotify has given it a final reprieve, that said operation of the thing is still akin to trying to use an ipad with a snooker cue.

I can only imagine that now its got a use that OS10 will be released breaking the spotify app and turning it back into a device thats both frustrating to use and utterly neglected by the most uncustomercentric of all IT manufacturers.

Fanboi's will sing the praises of the thing but if you're really honest its flawed and blackberry/RIM suck.
    05-30-13 06:31 AM
    I'm assuming Spotify is a side-loaded Android port?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-30-13 08:50 AM
    I'm assuming Spotify is a side-loaded Android port?
    Hey, your avatar demonstrates the new Bridge between the pb and bb10 devices:
    Attached Thumbnails My playbook has narrowly avoided being dumped...-avatar3817387_4.gif.jpg  
    05-30-13 10:12 AM
    Sorry I don't know why you're talking about every android tablet ever made this site is for BlackBerry useres.
    05-30-13 10:22 AM
    Now that Spotify is available for it the households most useless tablet now has a role in the van as "music player", itunes sync & spotify has given it a final reprieve, that said operation of the thing is still akin to trying to use an ipad with a snooker cue.

I can only imagine that now its got a use that OS10 will be released breaking the spotify app and turning it back into a device thats both frustrating to use and utterly neglected by the most uncustomercentric of all IT manufacturers.

Fanboi's will sing the praises of the thing but if you're really honest its flawed and blackberry/RIM suck.
    How do you sync a PB with iTunes? That would be useful!
    What do you mean by your comment about the iPad and the snooker cue? I'm not a fanboi, I just bought a PlayBook 'cause it was cheap and I couldn't afford/justify paying more for a tablet that I wanted but didn't really need...(if I could have bought a Nexus7 or an iPad mini with comparable storage for the same money or less then I would probably have bought one). That said, I find that it performs pretty well, and does everything I need it for (web browing, email, music/video playing, TV-on-demand watching, eBook reading and audioBook playing plus the odd game) pretty well. I'm interested in what you find frustrating about it, or do are you refering to the lack of apps?
    Dray451 likes this.
    05-30-13 10:27 AM
    Must be an android sideload. Personally I have used Slacker for as long as I can remember. I've always tricked the app to get around the limitations of the free account. You can play a few stations you may like and then go to the recently played section and just press the play button beside the stations to change between stations which changes the song and effectively makes the 'max 6 song skips' become infinite. The music selection is great too whatever you like. Even stand-up comedy. Although I'm wondering why, if you hate the PB so much, has it stuck around for so long? There are other, inexpensive choices out there that have spotify (and slacker). Just saying. Call me a fanboy if you like, but I like my Playbook.
    KittyBomb likes this.
    05-30-13 10:29 AM
    You bought a tablet and then couldn't figure out how to use it until ONE app came along? You're a really savvy shopper...
    KittyBomb likes this.
    05-30-13 10:30 AM