I've had my new PB for about a month and love it. Like so many others here I love how the 7 inch size makes it so portable, but I didn't want to have to walk around carrying it all the time. I was a little jealous that my wife could just toss hers in her purse and go. My only problem was that none of the jackets I owned had pockets large enough to accommodate the PB. I fixed this problem yesterday and went to use some gift cards from Bass Pro Shops I had received over the holidays. I found me a nice light weight jacket with two inside pockets that are perfect for holding the PB, even if it was in a case. Now it will be traveling with me a lot more. I guess once summer rolls around I'll be shopping for some new cargo shorts too. Has anyone else had to purchase any garments specifically to be able to tote around your PB.
    jkeithbrown, spike12 and Spencerdl like this.
    01-06-12 11:32 AM
    i created my own pocket for my jacket because I absolutely love it and I couldn't find the same model with bigger inside pockets
    01-06-12 11:38 AM
    A few months ago I bought a netbook and Swiss Army messenger bag when I accepted a director position at a small non-profit. I ended up hating the netbook and I sold it. In late November I bought a Kindle Fire, which fit in the messenger bag with lots of room to spare. Now with the shopblackberry.com sale, I bought a Playbook and that will take the Fire's spot in the bag.
    01-06-12 11:44 AM
    I find myself throwing on a pair of cargo pants or shorts a lot lately since my PlayBook fits the leg pockets perfectly lol.
    jkeithbrown likes this.
    01-06-12 12:50 PM
    Lucky me (and my 2meters tall), it fitted perfectly all my jackets ... and I love it !
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-06-12 12:57 PM
    lmao I thought I was the only one doing this stuff.

I bought a new lunch bag yesterday for work, and I actually chose based on which one had a compartment for my PB
    01-06-12 01:03 PM
    Bought one yesterday and to be fairly honest, I LOVE IT.

Granted i could have bought the iPad, im not a bb phone user (just got rid of mine for a HTC) unfortunately but love the ease of use and the layout.

Managed to work my way through the DingleBerry rooting last night too and successfully upgraded to the latest 2.0.6* version. All in all a great device that will be getting some use.

Now if only I could find a reasonable case for it!

Sam
    01-06-12 01:07 PM
    I bought a bunch of cargo shorts from Bass Pro Shop when I first got my Nook Color. Both it and my Playbook fit in the cargo pockets just fine. Since I bought the Playbook the Nook Color doesn't go with me as much.
    01-06-12 01:22 PM
    Bought one yesterday and to be fairly honest, I LOVE IT.

Granted i could have bought the iPad, im not a bb phone user (just got rid of mine for a HTC) unfortunately but love the ease of use and the layout.

Managed to work my way through the DingleBerry rooting last night too and successfully upgraded to the latest 2.0.6* version. All in all a great device that will be getting some use.

Now if only I could find a reasonable case for it!

Sam
    Sorry to take this off-topic. Did you follow any particular thread to do the ROOTING?
    01-06-12 03:18 PM
    Hey bgriff25?

Which jacket is it, I might have to order one??!!

thanks!!!
    01-06-12 03:32 PM
    01-06-12 03:40 PM
    I already had some Carhartt heavy duty construction type pants and my PlayBook fits perfectly in my "over sized" back pocket. Just be careful you don't sit down with it in your pocket. LOL !
    01-06-12 03:49 PM
    An easy solution is to learn how to ride a motorbike. My bike jackets tend to have pockets big enough
    01-06-12 04:35 PM
    I just keep it simple and carry a medium mens leather Kenneth Cole messenger bag for my PlayBook and stuff
    01-06-12 04:48 PM
    A lot of my clothes are from the 5.11 Tactical Gear | Superior Tactical Clothing & Tactical Equipment. From shorts, to jackets, to shirts, much in my everyday wear has a pocket or four to secure the Playbook.
    01-06-12 05:46 PM
    An easy solution is to learn how to ride a motorbike. My bike jackets tend to have pockets big enough
    Can't I just buy the clothes and skip the motorcycle lessons?
    01-06-12 05:57 PM
    Why buy new coats or jackets. Just go to the dollar store. Buy a netted or mesh type of material. Cut it to a proper size. Then get a needle and thread and stitch it in. You can also do a google search on how to create a pocket.
    bgriff25 and Daruba like this.
    01-06-12 06:24 PM
    If you don't have to carry it for a long time, you could give an inch more to your pants-belt and stick it half-way in the back of your pants. (Not a solution for sweaty people)

or....

Ask the lady to sew an extra pocket into your jacket (Assuming than you, being a man, can't do it yourself and assuming the lady can )

btw, man-purses are in!
    scott.slater likes this.
    01-06-12 06:49 PM
    Several months ago (way before I had bought my PlayBook), I spotted this ultra-chic mini messenger bag from Yves Saint Laurent. I literally measured it to make sure it would fit my future PlayBook and when I was happy with the size (and the style cos my stylish Playbook needs a stylish bag to accompany it!) then I bought it and when the right time came, I bought my beloved PlayBook.

It's the perfect size and I can fit a few other things in there too! So it's very practical as I've never liked to carry my cardcase/other bits and bobs in my pocket.

So I'm totally guilty of adjusting my fashion around my PlayBook! Nor am I ashamed of it!!
    01-06-12 07:27 PM
    A lot of my clothes are from the 5.11 Tactical Gear | Superior Tactical Clothing & Tactical Equipment. From shorts, to jackets, to shirts, much in my everyday wear has a pocket or four to secure the Playbook.
    Apparently we shop at the same place or at least for the same brand. When I am bored at my desk I play with my Spyder knife..unfold and fold, unfold and fold the blade.
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-06-12 07:35 PM
    I only by pants now if they have a pocket that fits the pb. Sick I know. sears has some dress pants with big front pockets.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    spike12 likes this.
    01-06-12 07:58 PM
    i actually had surgery and now have a thrifty kangaroo-like pocket in my abdomen specifically for carrying my pb. im glad im not the only die hard pb fan!!! were taking over!!!!
    jafobabe, spike12 and Steve Rizla like this.
    01-06-12 08:06 PM
    i actually had surgery and now have a thrifty kangaroo-like pocket in my abdomen specifically for carrying my pb. im glad im not the only die hard pb fan!!! were taking over!!!!
    Oh my, is that "kangaroo pocket" another name for a colostomy bag?
    jafobabe and sjefferson21 like this.
    01-06-12 08:25 PM
    Oh my, is that "kangaroo pocket" another name for a colostomy bag?
    great! now im going to picture that every time i grab my pb
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-06-12 08:38 PM
    I've had my new PB for about a month and love it. Like so many others here I love how the 7 inch size makes it so portable, but I didn't want to have to walk around carrying it all the time. I was a little jealous that my wife could just toss hers in her purse and go. My only problem was that none of the jackets I owned had pockets large enough to accommodate the PB. I fixed this problem yesterday and went to use some gift cards from Bass Pro Shops I had received over the holidays. I found me a nice light weight jacket with two inside pockets that are perfect for holding the PB, even if it was in a case. Now it will be traveling with me a lot more. I guess once summer rolls around I'll be shopping for some new cargo shorts too. Has anyone else had to purchase any garments specifically to be able to tote around your PB.
    Interesting concept - jacket as playbook case - be sure to take it out of your pocket when you charge it
    I actually have had to make no wardrobe adjustments as I wear mine around my wrist D!ck Tracy style
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-06-12 at 09:17 PM.
    01-06-12 09:14 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD