Hi everyone.

Exactly 2 weeks ago I bought a 32GB playbook.

Up until this morning eveything had been brilliant but, when I tried to switch it on this morning......nothing!

I turned it off last night with approximately 46% battery remaining but this morning nothing worlks at all.

When I plug the charger in, the red light comes on for around 8 seconds followed by a flashing yellow light (6 flashes) and then nothing.

Can anyone please advise???

Many thanks.
    07-24-12 12:58 PM
    Are you sure it shut off? Have you tried swiping it to wake it? 3 button restart?
    Lennytheloon likes this.
    07-24-12 01:00 PM
    I have never come across this but yes charge it up for an hour. It could have drained the battery somehow (hopefully it will charge)
    Is desktop manager detecting it?
    Then try a Hard Reset; Hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons for a few secs (all at once) then give it a few secs to respond.
    If this fails then ring customer support they are unexpectedly helpful at RIM. They should be able to talk you through it.
    Lennytheloon likes this.
    07-24-12 01:08 PM
    Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

I've tried most suggestions I found on the web already such as holding down the 'on' & volume 'up' & 'down' buttons for 20 seconds, plugging it in and unplugging it quickly while the red LED shows etc.

Yes, it's definitely turned off, last night, same as every night I touched the battery symbol and then power off.
    07-24-12 01:10 PM
    I have never come across this but yes charge it up for an hour. It could have drained the battery somehow (hopefully it will charge)
    Is desktop manager detecting it?
    Then try a Hard Reset; Hold Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons for a few secs (all at once) then give it a few secs to respond.
    If this fails then ring customer support they are unexpectedly helpful at RIM. They should be able to talk you through it.
    I'l agree. The battery is likely dead. I let mine charge down and deplete last week. When it was completely dead, I put it on the rapid charger and hit the power button. Long Red LED followed by Yellow blinking LED. Then pulled off the rapid charger and put back on, hit power button, and god a battery indicator in the center of the screeen that was red showing empty and the lightning bolt on it.

I'd likely say its dead. If this doesn't work, certainly call Blackberry support as I just got off the phone with them for an unrelated issue and they are very helpful.
    Lennytheloon likes this.
    07-24-12 01:19 PM
    I'm on the phone to BB support now.

I'll report back with their verdict.
    07-24-12 01:39 PM
    Hi everyone.

Up until this morning eveything had been brilliant but, when I tried to switch it on this morning......nothing!

I turned it off last night with approximately 46% battery remaining but this morning nothing worlks at all.

When I plug the charger in, the red light comes on for around 8 seconds followed by a flashing yellow light (6 flashes) and then nothing.

Many thanks.

My friend had this happen to his Playbook. I was able to "bring it back from the dead" by doing the following:
    -Plug it into the wall charger (not the USB charger)
    -The red light should come on.
    -Once the red light goes off, unplug the charger and then plug it back in.
    -Repeat this process for 5-10 minutes until you get the battery icon with a lightning bolt through it displayed on the screen. Once the battery icon is displayed it will charge normally.

What has happened is that the battery has drained completely. So much so that it doesn't have enough power to even start the charging process. By pluging and unplugging it you are giving the battery enough power to start the proper charging process.

Good Luck.
    Lennytheloon likes this.
    07-24-12 01:52 PM
    RIM have said it's totally knackered and has to be sent away for repair.

They will send me an empty box within 3 days which i then use to send the playbook away in.

They have said there is usually a 5 day turn around with these so it looks like I will be without it for at least 8 working days plus the weekends in between to could be upto 12 days.
    07-24-12 01:58 PM
    My friend had this happen to his Playbook. I was able to "bring it back from the dead" by doing the following:
    -Plug it into the wall charger (not the USB charger)
    -The red light should come on.
    -Once the red light goes off, unplug the charger and then plug it back in.
    -Repeat this process for 5-10 minutes until you get the battery icon with a lightning bolt through it displayed on the screen. Once the battery icon is displayed it will charge normally.

What has happened is that the battery has drained completely. So much so that it doesn't have enough power to even start the charging process. By pluging and unplugging it you are giving the battery enough power to start the proper charging process.

Good Luck.
    Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately we tried this and it didn't work so it has to be sent away as per my previous post.

Cheers.
    07-24-12 02:00 PM
    RIM have said it's totally knackered and has to be sent away for repair.

They will send me an empty box within 3 days which i then use to send the playbook away in.

They have said there is usually a 5 day turn around with these so it looks like I will be without it for at least 8 working days plus the weekends in between to could be upto 12 days.
    Hope everything goes right with the repair and you're back on the playbook soon.
    Lennytheloon likes this.
    07-24-12 02:48 PM
    You might also return it to the shop where you purchased it????
    07-24-12 02:55 PM
    horrible luck. But You should have it back within a week good as new. Don't do anything rash with your extra finger time like take up the piano
    07-24-12 07:38 PM
    Hi everyone.

Many thanks.
    you need hard reset. call rim they will help you

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    07-24-12 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD